IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5 and XSeries versions out now + major patch

Vemsie

15 hours ago, Stanley said:

They were pretty much forced to. It’s the only game I can think of, especially one of such high profile, that had to taken off the PlayStation store. 

They didn't get taken off the PlayStation store because it was broken. There are many examples of totally broken games still available on the PS store.

They got taken off because they offered refunds without consulting Sony, going over and above Sony's own refund policy, causing a huge barney between the companies that meant that Sony delisted their game.

They were naïve in stating that PS owners would get a full, no questions asked refund without consulting Sony first. That is why they got delisted.

It's a silly argument to have given no one is realistically saying the game launched on base consoles in an acceptable state. It didn't. It's just that of all the companies to have swindled/robbed/conned people with a crap product at launch, CDPR are literally the last example you could ever use because they went out of their way to made sure if someone was not happy they would not be out of pocket. It's so far beyond the example of a company robbing people that its laughable.

"Omg you robbed me!"

"Here is all your money back no matter where you got it from even if the original store says no"

"OMG YOU ROBBED ME!"

1 hour ago, Uzi said:

It's a silly argument to have given no one is realistically saying the game launched on base consoles in an acceptable state. It didn't. It's just that of all the companies to have swindled/robbed/conned people with a crap product at launch, CDPR are literally the last example you could ever use because they went out of their way to made sure if someone was not happy they would not be out of pocket. It's so far beyond the example of a company robbing people that its laughable.

"Omg you robbed me!"

"Here is all your money back no matter where you got it from even if the original store says no"

"OMG YOU ROBBED ME!"

I mean at this point we’re just arguing for the sake of it, but just because they offered refunds - following the biggest backlash in gaming history I might add - they still went out of their way to deceive console players, in fact they pretty much admitted it in that statement I posted earlier. 

It’s not as if giving out refunds was part of their grand plan, was it?

They knew what state their product was in and rather than withhold it and fix it, make it better, they went ahead and launched it anyway. Because, money. 

Only when everyone turned on them and their reputation risked being burnt to the ground did they introduce the refund programme. Damage limitation. 

I think there’s a lot more to it than that @Stanley

They probably knew the game was in a bit of a state on base consoles, but we’re locked into a schedule due to huge marketing plans and agreements they’d made with the console manufacturers. I don’t understand why you think they’d go out of their way to deceive people knowing what the backlash would be as soon as people got their hands on it, only then to offer full refunds against Sony’s wishes.

I think you’re trying to create a story that doesn’t exist. Just like all those people who cried about it being the most buggy game ever released.

2 hours ago, Isaac said:

They didn't get taken off the PlayStation store because it was broken. There are many examples of totally broken games still available on the PS store.

They got taken off because they offered refunds without consulting Sony, going over and above Sony's own refund policy, causing a huge barney between the companies that meant that Sony delisted their game.

They were naïve in stating that PS owners would get a full, no questions asked refund without consulting Sony first. That is why they got delisted.

I like the idea that Sony give any fucks about the quality of what is sold on the PSN store when they not only sold, but promoted utter shit like 'Life of Black Tiger'.

I do notice that with all this very valid discussion about whether or not CDPR has done a criminal robbing activity or not, that nobody has properly assessed whether @shirubagan is in fact a criminal or not. By their own admission: -

On 24/07/2022 at 09:20, shirubagan said:

I feel like I robbed CDPR’s team a bit. 

To my mind, obviously yes. The guilt is clear - by feeling as though he's got a good deal, he's literally stolen food from the mouths of the developers children. However, as the forum is basically run on the principle of lex talionis, I think the fact that CDPR personally robbed everyone else means that this basically balances out? I'm sorry to bring this up but it seems to be an important part of this robbery discussion that we're all overlooking.

2 hours ago, Stanley said:

Yeah, they didn’t show the game because of agreements with console manufacturers, that’s definitely it. 

I never said that. I said they released it unfinished because of that.

Why are you so keen to find CDPR the bad guys in all this? It was just a video game that launched with a few superficial bugs. It happens all the time. There’s no big conspiracy.

Enjoy it or don’t, but I’ll never understand the shit they got for it.

Just now, JPL said:

Why are you so keen to find CDPR the bad guys in all this? It was just a video game that launched with a few superficial bugs. It happens all the time. There’s no big conspiracy.

:lol: there's no big conspiracy but it was a disaster of a launch and for many people the bugs were not merely superficial. The launch was such a disaster it made national news :lol:

Just now, Floshenbarnical said:

:lol: there's no big conspiracy but it was a disaster of a launch and for many people the bugs were not merely superficial. The launch was such a disaster it made national news :lol:

I don’t really care to be honest. I had a brilliant time with it. I still think people have taken the attacks on the dev way too far.

Just now, JPL said:

I don’t really care to be honest. I had a brilliant time with it. I still think people have taken the attacks on the dev way too far.

I agree with you on all points of this sentence, but I can see why people were upset. I think some people certainly overreacted.

8 minutes ago, JPL said:

Enjoy it or don’t, but I’ll never understand the shit they got for it.

There was definitely some deception going on by them not showing the game running on console, and the reason for that was fear they’d lose sales. Whether you think that makes them good or bad is irrelevant, that’s what happened. 

Who said there was a conspiracy? 

• 1 month later...

Originally posted this in the wrong thread, but:

I’ve tried to get into this a few times and just got bored each time, but I’m house sitting on the weekend, so I’ve chucked this onto my brother’s Series S and am playing on a really old LCD Samsung 32”, and for some reason am really impressed with this today. I think it helps that it’s the first time I’ve played it post patch at night time and it looks great once you get used to 30fps. Also, I haven't had any outrageous bugs.

Just got up to the end of the heist with Dexter and it feels like I’m getting into the swing of things, although I still don’t have a clue about the systems - they all feel quite complicated, but I’m just shooting people in the face and quick hacking things that I can and that seems to be doing me just fine.

2 years down the line and the Series S continues to impress, and despite the cheap LCD it looks great, which puts my Series X and OLED TV setup into perspective. 

This game is a bit weird at times. I think maybe I've done something out of order? I had this side mission to get my car from a parking garage and a Delamain car parked right opposite took off, smashed into me and drove off, and then I got some mission stuff. Meanwhile, JS is sat next to me chatting about some totally banal stuff having just tried to kill me about 5 minutes earlier, with no explanation for why we're now mates.

The mission felt like it was scripted to maybe happen in the open world, rather than in a parking garage? I can't really tell, because cars seem to go a bit mental in general, which is why I thought it was a bug until it advanced the side mission a bit.

Some of Delamain’s cabs are having genuine story-based AI issues/glitches and identity crises. That’s intentional, and you need to talk/bash them around. They’re a series of scattered radiant quests, so it’s totally possible to trigger their sequences by chance when you’re roaming - this can cause some overlap with other scripted events if you’re lucky/unlucky. I once had one run down a bunch of bad guys for me before.

I agree the game can get a bit confusing when it’s layering events and phone call/Silverhand dialogue at the same time.

2 hours ago, dataDave said:

Some of Delamain’s cabs are having genuine story-based AI issues/glitches and identity crises. That’s intentional, and you need to talk/bash them around. They’re a series of scattered radiant quests, so it’s totally possible to trigger their sequences by chance when you’re roaming - this can cause some overlap with other scripted events if you’re lucky/unlucky. I once had one run down a bunch of bad guys for me before.

I agree the game can get a bit confusing when it’s layering events and phone call/Silverhand dialogue at the same time.

Plus Johnny being an inconsistent dickhead? That's Johnny.

Playing the 5 hour demo on PS5 now, seems fun but I'm a little overwhelmed by all of the options and different approaches. Still, GameStop sells it for 24 euro second hand and for that price I think I'll give it a shot.

Not too impressed by how it looks truth be told, many billboards are shockingly low-res.

1 hour ago, df0 said:

Playing the 5 hour demo on PS5 now, seems fun but I'm a little overwhelmed by all of the options and different approaches. Still, GameStop sells it for 24 euro second hand and for that price I think I'll give it a shot.

Not too impressed by how it looks truth be told, many billboards are shockingly low-res.

Absolutely worth 24 quid, imo.

Am I daft? The quest The Gift requires me to Ping a camera (did that) and hack the nearby unit on the wall. Two entries appear on the unit, 1C and 55. I need to enter 3 more entries. Been trying for about 10 minutes now and I can't figure it out.

edit: I solved it and don't know how 😟

1 hour ago, df0 said:

Am I daft? The quest The Gift requires me to Ping a camera (did that) and hack the nearby unit on the wall. Two entries appear on the unit, 1C and 55. I need to enter 3 more entries. Been trying for about 10 minutes now and I can't figure it out.

You only need 1C followed immediately by 55. The three extra spaces are padding if you need to fluff inputs in order to get there, as you might not have immediate access to the 1C.

You'll need to plan accordingly to chain the 1C 55 in immediate succession, think about the alternating horizontal/vertical input to map out your moves ahead. This one is tutorial-level difficulty, so just look for those two inputs sitting on the same line, either vertically or horizontally, then work your way there using any number of your three fluff/bogus inputs. It'll become second nature once it clicks. Try not to waste perks on breach protocol if you want it to remain remotely challenging.

I haven't played it in a few days but I'm just ignoring most of it and doing bits and bobs here and there, sort of unpicking the mess of menus as I come across bits of the game that I need them for.

The whole cyber upgrade thing is so overwhelming and poorly explained.

2 hours ago, df0 said:

The user interface and menus are weirdly convoluted. I found most menus/panels I want to access regularly (Maps, Journal, Shards) are behind another menu.

I think the map is just a long press of the pause menu.

2 hours ago, Nathan Wind said:

Just try and embrace, or at least get past all that sort of shite if you can. I appreciate it does a lot to get in its own way, but there’s an incredible game buried in there that’s well worth finding. 

Oh I am, I’m thoroughly enjoying it. Am just surprised by some design choices.