Jump to content

Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5 and XSeries versions out now + major patch


Vemsie
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

I haven't played it in a few days but I'm just ignoring most of it and doing bits and bobs here and there, sort of unpicking the mess of menus as I come across bits of the game that I need them for.

 

The whole cyber upgrade thing is so overwhelming and poorly explained.

 

It's an absolute mess. I've played 140 hours of it and still don't understand the cyber upgrade, crafting, shards stuff at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There’s this big early on where this Triad lady sends you to some ripperdoc to pick up a reward, which is a component which he’s going to give you for free and I couldn’t for the life of me find it. He doesn’t even acknowledge that you’re there for it, just offers you to sell you stuff and the reward is one of the dozens of things on offer but happens to be free. 
 

I had to Google how to do that bit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Festoon said:

 

It's an absolute mess. I've played 140 hours of it and still don't understand the cyber upgrade, crafting, shards stuff at all.

 

It's not just an absolute mess, it's mostly wholly unnecessary. Unless you crank up the difficulty whatever the hard is, then you can effectively fuck everyone up with the original bloody pistol you get, by virtue of clicking the 'upgrade' button whenever you pick up components. It's all the hundreds and hundreds of hours the devs poured into this thing for absolutely no fucking reason that pisses me off so much about the game.

 

I don't think they went into this with anything other than the best of intentions, and the desire to really make the best game they possibly could. They just didn't ever consider that - for the vast majority of times - less is more.

 

It is by no means a bad game. There are some breath-taking moments in it. But it remains the biggest disappointment I've had in gaming for many, many years. Which is a bit of a shame.

 

However, I'm very happy that a whole load of people love it to bits!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Put this on for the first time this morning. Midway through the create-a-V bit and the better half walks in, right when I scroll to the, ahem, bosom and undercarriage sections.

 

“Is this rated 18?” [a pause] “How big can you make her boobs?” It was a better reaction than I got when playing Power Wash Sim.

 

Anyway, played about half an hour, getting as far as Lizzie’s. All looks pretty swish on the PS5, and can feel it being the sort of game I’ll happily just pootle around in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

You made it to Lizzie’s in half an hour?! I don’t think I’d even met Jackie by that point. 

 

I think you go to Lizzie's bar early in the Corpo prologue? 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, JoeK said:

 

It's not just an absolute mess, it's mostly wholly unnecessary. Unless you crank up the difficulty whatever the hard is, then you can effectively fuck everyone up with the original bloody pistol you get, by virtue of clicking the 'upgrade' button whenever you pick up components. It's all the hundreds and hundreds of hours the devs poured into this thing for absolutely no fucking reason that pisses me off so much about the game.

 

I don't think they went into this with anything other than the best of intentions, and the desire to really make the best game they possibly could. They just didn't ever consider that - for the vast majority of times - less is more.

 

It is by no means a bad game. There are some breath-taking moments in it. But it remains the biggest disappointment I've had in gaming for many, many years. Which is a bit of a shame.

 

However, I'm very happy that a whole load of people love it to bits!  

 

I never upgraded stuff first run - just kept using more powerful stuff I picked up!

 

The biggest waste is all those foods and drinks - crazy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

There’s this big early on where this Triad lady sends you to some ripperdoc to pick up a reward, which is a component which he’s going to give you for free and I couldn’t for the life of me find it. He doesn’t even acknowledge that you’re there for it, just offers you to sell you stuff and the reward is one of the dozens of things on offer but happens to be free. 
 

I had to Google how to do that bit. 

 

I only found it about 20 hours later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thinking of switching approach, am not feeling stealth in the slightest. I lack any stealth weapon that packs a punch, my best is a silenced pistol that does not kill via a headshot.

 

Seeing I find a ton of weapons, something tells me I should me more aggressive in Night City.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, df0 said:

Thinking of switching approach, am not feeling stealth in the slightest. I lack any stealth weapon that packs a punch, my best is a silenced pistol that does not kill via a headshot.

 

Seeing I find a ton of weapons, something tells me I should me more aggressive in Night City.

 

The game has no balance - you can play stealth, but actively have to fight the game to do so at first. 

 

It's like choosing to be a mage in an rpg, it takes work at first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The quest chain for Panam is exceptionally poor. I'm not invested in her pathetic little drama at all.

edit: glad that's over with, hope I never see that unstable wreck ever again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, df0 said:

The quest chain for Panam is exceptionally poor. I'm not invested in her pathetic little drama at all.

edit: glad that's over with, hope I never see that unstable wreck ever again.

 

I didn't like it either but I suspect a lot of people did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why suspect that? I thought it was trash emo “I am sad look at me I am yelling tis all my fault fuck you also thank you” nonsense. I’ll be very hard pressed to understand why anybody would like the character/quest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, df0 said:

Why suspect that? I thought it was trash emo “I am sad look at me I am yelling tis all my fault fuck you also thank you” nonsense. I’ll be very hard pressed to understand why anybody would like the character/quest.

 

They fancy her. She's introduced arse-first too. She does have a cool jacket though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, df0 said:

Is she though?

 

Ah whatever, I hope she chokes on a sandstorm. Thanks for the sniper rifle though, that's proper good for that low a level.

 

I used that rifle throughout.

 

If Panam is bad, then how bad is Saul?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, df0 said:

Is she though?

 

Ah whatever, I hope she chokes on a sandstorm. Thanks for the sniper rifle though, that's proper good for that low a level.

 

Pacing spoiler.

 

Spoiler

That's because you're almost at the end of the game. I completed it yesterday from that point on, thinking I was at about 50% of that one Arasaka arc and was flabbergasted at how short the main story turns out to be.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both are unlikable but I much prefer Saul because he kept his distance. That entire clan deserves to be wiped out though, literally nothing of value will be lost.

 

Hated it.

 

Everybody else is cool so far so there's that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, df0 said:

Both are unlikable but I much prefer Saul because he kept his distance. That entire clan deserves to be wiped out though, literally nothing of value will be lost.

 

Hated it.

 

Everybody else is cool so far so there's that.

 

I was indifferent to them and the nomads generally - I was more of a city (and Judy) gal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm loving these Gigs. Short and simple quests each with a neat little backstory, in other words there's a (good) reason why you're doing what you're doing. Makes an experience-vendor quest just that little bit more personal and substantial.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Expansion 'Phantom Liberty' coming next year:

 

 

 

Patch 1.6 (Edgerunners Update) available now:

 

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/45280/edgerunners-update-patch-1-6-list-of-changes

 

Quote

CONSOLE-SPECIFIC

[Xbox Series S] Added a new Performance Mode which can be enabled in Settings > Video > Graphics Mode. FPS is aiming at 60 in 900p with Dynamic Resolution Scaling (in 800p to 1080p range).

 

ADDITIONAL CONTENT

 

Wardrobe/Transmog

Wardrobe allows you to change the appearance of your outfit without changing your armor stats. You can create up to 6 outfits using the pieces of clothing you own by accessing the wardrobe in any of V's apartments and safehouses and then switch between them in the Inventory panel.

 

3 New Gigs

 

New weapons

6 new firearms:

-Kappa (Smart Pistol)

-Senkoh LX (Tech Submachine Gun)

-Hypercritical Iconic Precision Rifle (obtainable in Gig: Concrete Cage Trap)

-VST-37 (Power Shotgun)

-MA70 HB (Power Light Machine Gun)

-Kyubi (Power Assault Rifle)

 

5 new melee weapons:

-Neurotoxin Knife (+ Iconic variant Blue Fang)

-Punknife (+ Iconic variant Headhunter)

-Claw (Axe)

-Razor (Machete)

-Cut-O-Matic (Chainsword)

 

Cross-progression

Added a Cross-progression feature between platforms. Your latest saves will be automatically uploaded to the cloud so you can continue where you left off easily on other platforms. Cross-progression provides the latest save for every save type (Quick, Auto, Manual, etc.). Feature becomes available after you log in with your account (from Main Menu or the in-game Load Game menu).

 

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners content

Added some secrets related to the Cyberpunk: Edgerunners anime series to be discovered in Night City, including new equipment and new Photo Mode features.

 

Arcade game: Roach Race

You can now play a brand new mini game using arcade machines located in Night City, including the ones in the Northside, Japantown and The Glen apartments. Climb the leaderboard to earn special prizes including cash and items! If you're enjoying Roach Race in Cyberpunk 2077, check out the mobile version for Android and iOS. Remember that your high scores in the in-game and mobile versions are separate, though.

 

Nibbles in Photo Mode

You can now take photos of Nibbles in Photo Mode! While in Photo Mode, go to the "Pose" tab and choose Nibbles in the "Character" section. Please note that this option becomes available only after you invite Nibbles to V's apartment.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aside from small technical updates they're also ditching support for last-gen consoles (which they should have done in the first place) but hopefully it means the expansion and any future updates won't be held back in any way. They also said a future update (I assume the one that'll come with the expansion next year) will overhaul the police system and vehicular combat too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.