IGNORED

Car Journey Food - Snack, Lunch And Dinner Recommendations

EViS

We will be driving through France during the day, starting from the early hours of the morning so will be needing breakfast and lunch at the very least. What's good 'car' food? Sausage rolls, scotch eggs and sandwiches spring to mind first, but that's all a bit stereotypical and boring. Any creative ideas for car journey food?

I was waiting for that response :)! But unfortunately yes, we won't have any time to stop off at nice cafes and delicatessens. The beautiful food will await us once we arrive at our destination.

Also, I'm looking for ideas for other long journeys, including those in the UK.

A spanish tortilla always works well, especially as you can stuff it with all kinds of meaty treats, potatoes, and veggies, so it's a great all rounder.

If it's supermarket things you're after you can't go wrong with lamb samosas, onion bhajis, and other supermarket deli indian snacks.

Also, COLD PIZZA!

I like mini quiches and pies. Simple flavours will do well like cheese and tomato quiche, as chances are anything more complex than that will have loads of shit in it and on top that will fall out when you're eating and onto your lap, and then you'll look down, your attention will be off the road and you'll die.

Then I'll be blamed for recommending you a pie.

And that ain't going on my conscience, buddy.

• 3 weeks later...

Fridge sandwiches.

We call sandwiches made the night before this as we wrap and keep them in the fridge for the next day. We make them for car journeys to Alton towers and to the drive up to our parents.

Usually ham and mustard as well as Ham and cheddar cheese with a little bit of spread on white bread. Simple but yummy.

Fridge sandwiches.

We call sandwiches made the night before this as we wrap and keep them in the fridge for the next day. We make them for car journeys to Alton towers and to the drive up to our parents.

Usually ham and mustard as well as Ham and cheddar cheese with a little bit of spread on white bread. Simple but yummy.

Ham and mustard is the best. Meat and heat.

• 2 weeks later...