IGNORED

Need for Speed: Most Wanted. Criterion, 2nd November, every format ever.

moosegrinder

Sounds good.

Quick question pls I saw a couple of the previous NFS titles in the blockbuster that's closing down? I think one of the was hot pursuit, can't remember the other. Given that everyone's stopped playing these by now would they be worth getting for SP?

Cheers

Argh, don't know what format to buy this on.

PC because it'll look amazing, Xbox because most of my friends are on there, or Vita because I can play it anywhere.

I've dismissed the PS3 version as it's not even connected any more and the Xbox version I'm not sure of because my girlfriend is forever using the TV it's connected to.

PS. Both the Xbox version and the Vita version have been "processed" already as I forgot to cancel my pre-order for both :doh:

I put this in the wrong thread earlier. Quick look. Have to say, as someone who mainly plays racing games in single player, this doesn't look like it's going to do it for me, the single player looks a little... basic. Multiplayer looks fantastic but I doubt I would play much of that. Maybe I'll get Forza Horizon instead :(

http://www.giantbomb...wanted/17-6752/

I really want to play this but my previous attempts at multiplayer racing saw me fail miserably, like 3-minutes-after-everyone-else-has-finished awful. I hope this is more like messing about in cars, and that the more arcade nature of it makes it easier to compete. The single player looks a bit limited, although the Autolog stuff would always mean some highscore fun.

So what are the point of the cops other than being really annoying? Will there be milestone events like in the original?

I put this in the wrong thread earlier. Quick look. Have to say, as someone who mainly plays racing games in single player, this doesn't look like it's going to do it for me, the single player looks a little... basic. Multiplayer looks fantastic but I doubt I would play much of that. Maybe I'll get Forza Horizon instea :(

http://www.giantbomb...wanted/17-6752/

Do reconsider. The multiplayer definitely adds to the experience, but the singleplayer offers great speed thrills on its own.

Also, when you've got people in your friends list playing this, you basically get most part of the experience - chasing high scores of others registered by Autolog will keep you coming back for more :) And believe me: if you add some of the forumites here playing this game (including myself), you WILL come back.

I really want to play this but my previous attempts at multiplayer racing saw me fail miserably, like 3-minutes-after-everyone-else-has-finished awful. I hope this is more like messing about in cars, and that the more arcade nature of it makes it easier to compete. The single player looks a bit limited, although the Autolog stuff would always mean some highscore fun.

So what are the point of the cops other than being really annoying? Will there be milestone events like in the original?

First off: same as above :)

Second: yes, there are various events concerning losing the cops with a certain goal, like doing so within a certain amount of time.

Loving this although the PC version does not seem to be very well optimized - im running it on an old rig but seems GAF are having problems with new rigs as well.

Single player is great fun so far and looking forward to trying some multiplayer later.

Will still be buying the PS3 version next week as that seems to be the best option so far.

Loving this although the PC version does not seem to be very well optimized - im running it on an old rig but seems GAF are having problems with new rigs as well.

Single player is great fun so far and looking forward to trying some multiplayer later.

Will still be buying the PS3 version next week as that seems to be the best option so far.

Alternative: 360 version to join in the multiplayer and Autolog fun with the majority of the Need for Speed playing forumites ;)

Alternative: 360 version to join in the multiplayer and Autolog fun with the majority of the Need for Speed playing forumites ;)

Hmmm good point - I have a 360 that I bought off a 'mate' - turns out it was banned!

Maybe a good time to pick a cheap one up and kick your arses join the fun :P:D

Right, having spend 4 hours with the game again last night, I noticed some things:

- Multiplayer is the NUTS :D The variety, the sense of competition - it's all there. Free-roaming with other people, then speeding off to the starting point as soon as an event gets decided is great fun. I won't spoil the surprise, but I've gone ahead and made a rllmuk playlist (where you can customize 5 events in a row to your own liking) for when you guys are jumping in.

- There's upgrades for your mods, which I didn't see before. For instance: using your boost for a certain amount of times upgrades it to automatic refill, and your track tyres get more effectice off-road after the right amount of drifting. Nice extra incentive to keep driving.

- Bit unexpected: I'm already on 29 percent completion for singleplayer mode, though mostly through exploring the environment, which got me a lot of cars, billboards and speed camera's. Unlocking all mods and all upgrades for each car will take one hell of a time, mind - so far, I've only maxed out the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 :wub:

- Despite having just one guy in my friends list, there's already the typical Autolog madness going on. Must. Beat. His. Time.

Apparently the frame rate isn't solid but fuck it, It'll be right.

No, it isn't, and there's minor bugs from time to time, too. These technical flaws are the only real downside to this game for me, but far from enough to ruin the game.

Anyone know when this is out in the UK? It was launched here in The Netherlands yesterday, in any case.

Cheers for the neg, whoever it was. I'm just curious to know when we can expect forumites to start playing. And the reason it was launched yesterday over here, is because of a Belgian holiday today - I kid you not!

i'm guessing a few people will be getting it today if they pre-ordered, i'll no doubt order mine today but im a bit on the fence still what with having forza

It's a different beast, really. A more competitive one at it. Forza's great for enjoying cars in a grand environment, cruising around and occasionally opening the throttle a bit more for the odd race.

Most Wanted its quite the opposite, having you constantly speeding along, whether it's on a one-man rampage with cops in your wake or a battle versus friends - both through Autolog and directly online. It's all about going fast, sideways and high.

The two compliment each other perfectly. It's just a shame not everyone's budget allows both games.

Anyone know when this is out in the UK? It was launched here in The Netherlands yesterday, in any case.

Yeah, I got it yesterday. I like the loose structure of it: finding cars, having five specific races with every car, earning speed points for everything you do and sometimes challenging and taking down one of the Most Wanted list. It suits the open world set-up perfectly. The handling has more in common with Burnout Paradise than Hot Pursuit, for which I'm glad. And just like in Paradise I constantly get distracted by signs and shiny stuff and totally forget where I was headed in the first place. I really appreciate the abstract intros to each race. It looks pretty stunning with beautiful lighting and lots of detail and in some cases the frame rate suffers for it, but the occasional slowdown never gets in the way (so far). Haven't played any multiplayer yet.

the loose structure is what is kinda putting me off, it seems from what i've seen that there's no real feeling of progression, no feel of starting from the bottom and working your way up. just have to find a car and within 5 minutes you've gone from a ford focus to a lamborghini or a pagani or something, not necessarily a bad thing but something thats casting a bit of doubt over it for me. am i right in thinking the customisation is alot less too? no decals, body kits, wheels, stuff like that? or none you can do yourself, but pre-set packs? (same goes for perfomance upgrades?)

i've enjoyed most of the need for speeds, up until the last most wanted and then probably not so much until criterion took over, and i liked all of the burnouts so i'm not too worried, i'm sure it'll be good.

Just a heads up, every version of this game uses Origin for friends list/autolog etc, which means that you see times and challenges from all your friends playing this game, regardless of platform. You need to own both platforms though I would guess, so you can link your Xbox/PSN friends lists with your origin one. Not sure exactly how it works, hopefully someone can provide better info. Obviously you can't play cross-platform multiplayer, don't think Sony and MS would like that!

It also syncs your progress, so you can play multiplayer on one console and then pick up on another at the same level.

This is what Gerstmann said on Giantbomb this week, anyway.

It also syncs your progress, so you can play multiplayer on one console and then pick up on another at the same level.

I'd be interested to know how that works if I'm playing the Vita version offline. Do I just need to boot it up once I'm home and it will upload the latest stats automatically, or won't it consider any off-line progress?