IGNORED

Need for Speed: Most Wanted. Criterion, 2nd November, every format ever.

moosegrinder

Yeah I didn't realise that either... But now I think about it I'm sure I found a couple the same, just didn't realise at the time as I was struggling to keep up.. It certainly likes to chuck cars at you once you start exploring a bit.

Oh and how do you update your Autolog pic? Is it via the website again?

i completed it last night, in the sense i beat all the most wanted racers and game went a bit funny for a bit, when i crashed and it let me carry on i had to take down the 2nd most wanted racer car to own it (the last one i had left) so i reversed from the barrier and hit him, took him out and got the achievement for it, but nothing stopped or popped up to tell me i'd shut him down (other than the achievement) i didn't get the 100g achievement for owning all most wanted cars, i had to dashboard it go back into the game then complete the first race of most wanted drivers again for some reason as it said racers shut down 9/10, i'd already done it and owned the car, it had the line through it but said 12,000sp so i just had to come first and then it popped up.

now just going to go through the other cars gradually and complete the races probably.

Yeah I didn't realise that either... But now I think about it I'm sure I found a couple the same, just didn't realise at the time as I was struggling to keep up.. It certainly likes to chuck cars at you once you start exploring a bit.

Also, to anyone playing: keep in mind you can change your in-game picture on the Need for Speed Autolog web page. That's where I set my smug face standing next to a car door, and where Revival a.k.a. The Kron selected the evil looking Stig picture :ph34r:

I've been playing this for the past two nights and I have to say that I'm loving it. I haven't managed to fully mod out a single car yet because I'm always being distracted by something on the way to a race, be it a billboard with Kron's face on it that is in dire need of smashing, or a speed trap that placed me 2nd behind McSpeed and I just know I could have gone through it faster, or spotting a new car for addition to my collection, or just seeing a 'Restricted Access' sign and wanting to explore the playground behind it. I never jump to a race, preferring instead to set the destination and drive to it so I become more familier with the layout of the roads. This inevitably leads to me being spotted speeding by the police and so a chase is triggered that can last flippin' ages.

Although crashing into traffic is teeth-grindingly annoying (I hate crash-cams in games), the actual races against the AI is manic, tense and genuinely exhilarating.

So two nights playing and I've yet to focus on the Autolog of times you lot have been posting. So many seem insanely fast so I'm choosing to believe you're all using faster cars than me rather than any particular skill :P

The last arcade racer I played and enjoyed so much was NFS:Hot Pursuit, and thanks to the enjoyable racing and the Autolog system I'm sure I'll be playing this for some time to come.

Yep.

Also @ Karzee: I'm still missing this picture on my billboards!

Done!

screenshot20121107at114.png

Something I've not seen mentioned much is how well the Kinect voice control works in this. You can choose what you want to do, where you want to go next, what mods you're using, without ever taking your finger off the throttle. Lovely stuff. Totally unintrusive, and really well implemented.

I had another 4 hours last night. Loving every minute of it. And I've got the THE best Burt Reynolds as the Bandit picture on my Autolog profile now, as well.

Something I've not seen mentioned much is how well the Kinect voice control works in this. You can choose what you want to do, where you want to go next, what mods you're using, without ever taking your finger off the throttle. Lovely stuff. Totally unintrusive, and really well implemented.

I had another 4 hours last night. Loving every minute of it. And I've got the THE best Burt Reynolds as the Bandit picture on my Autolog profile now, as well.

Are you in my list? What's your Live tag? :)

Done!

screenshot20121107at114.png

..and Done!

Capture-1.jpg

After last night, I'm going to try and make a concious effort to hold off any Autolog battles until Ive atleast finished the main game.... somehow I cant see that happening though.

Oh and the game must be doing something right.. as Ive had Halo 4 sat unopened on the table for the past 48 hours! :o

It takes practice, patience and a little bit of luck (considering the traffic is randomized). But once you pull it off, it's SO rewarding.

As for that Keys to the City event: better get some mods for you Porsche first, then retry.

Aye the traffic can be annoying, I have all the porsche upgrades, my problem is that F***ing tree just over the bridge with jump in the middle that I think I have to hit to get the boost from the air time but if I hit it 9/10 times I hit that fecking tree the other side!

*grumble*

Will have some more goes tonight, can't progress with the game until I get under that 1:00 time dammit!

It's from CEX, I'd have been surprised if the codes did work.

Yep, it's always a pleasant surprise when they do. Really annoying I'm locked out of online now.

Another annoying thing, rather than use my PSN username I seem to have to create one through the EA service, wasn't like that in Hot Pursuit. And sure enough my username's been taken already. Or is that not the case and I'm doing something wrong?

Aye the traffic can be annoying, I have all the porsche upgrades, my problem is that F***ing tree just over the bridge with jump in the middle that I think I have to hit to get the boost from the air time but if I hit it 9/10 times I hit that fecking tree the other side!

*grumble*

Will have some more goes tonight, can't progress with the game until I get under that 1:00 time dammit!

Hint: my tactic involves not taking that jump. As long as your speed is high enough when you enter the bridge, keeping it steady on the ground seems much faster than jumping and having to readjust to your racing line.

The bit of boost you get for jumping is not worth it, especially if you've got a Pro upgrade and stick to the left lane :)

After last night, I'm going to try and make a concious effort to hold off any Autolog battles until Ive atleast finished the main game.... somehow I cant see that happening though.

Well that didn't take long! ..after just a couple of hours play last night I'd polished off the remaining Most Wanted cars... Did someone earlier in the thread say it was a grind to unlock them? If so it has to be the easiest gaming grind ever!

That's been my only real disappointment with the game so far, the lack of any real single player structure (or challenge)... The game really shines if you have lots of friends for Autolog antics, I just feel for people that aren't as fortunate to have a whole forums worth of challengers to play against.

So yeah, fantastic game if you've got friends, not so much if you're a billynomates ;)

Personally this doesnt come close to hot pursuit for me, that was incredible from the off, and there is something about the handling I just can't get with, the cars feel like there is a delay when you turn and the drifts arent anywhere near as rewarding as hot pursuits.

No denying it looks astounding and there is so much incentive but it just hasn't clicked attall for me.

As opposed to the £2 you have it up for in the Trading folder? ;)

That is just for an online pass. This is for the ltd edition features!

Limited Edition

4 Hours of Double Speed Points – Get double Speed Points for your first 4 hours of multiplayer.

2 Limited Edition Vehicles – Get early access in online multiplayer to two of the World’s hottest cars complete with the exclusive Satin Black livery and the latest performance modifications.

The ultimate in speed and style, there isn’t a more impressive piece of automotive engineering than the Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale featuring these Limited Edition modifications:

• Racing Engine and brakes tuned for increased power and control.
  • The Ground Effect Body increases down-force for better maneuverability.

The powerful, lightweight and super responsive 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera S is perfect for ditching rivals at breakneck speed and comes equipped with these Limited Edition modifications:

• Optimized Aerodynamic Body reducing drag for maximum top speed.
  • Efficient and sustained speed boost with the Nitrous Burn.

Tesco just sent the code as they posted me the standard edition instead of the ltd edition. noobs.

Personally this doesnt come close to hot pursuit for me, that was incredible from the off, and there is something about the handling I just can't get with, the cars feel like there is a delay when you turn and the drifts arent anywhere near as rewarding as hot pursuits.

No denying it looks astounding and there is so much incentive but it just hasn't clicked attall for me.

I'm holding Dave White personally responsible :P ( and i must cut down on Amazon pre-orders )

But i got off the fence on this, and swapped it for Dishonoured Special Edition which cost me..... 19 PENCE!

at Game so good all round deal there for me.

I'm unsure if i'd have enjoyed it really. Ah well :( you lot enjoy it!