IGNORED

Need for Speed: Most Wanted. Criterion, 2nd November, every format ever.

moosegrinder

• 3 weeks later...

2 gig update on the PS3 version when I logged on today? - any idea what this is?

Probably the new DLC, mostly the new Airport map bit and the new car models. Just so you can see them, sitting around next to the road or being driven by other players online or CPU's. But you won't be able to drive them yourself until you fork over the cash!

If certain rumours are true Criterion could be doing a RR game next. And by RR i mean Road Rash.

EA haven't forgotten about it and Criterion want to do it.

I hope it's better than criterion's previous similar games (Suzuki Alstare Racing, Trickstyle? Bah!)

• 4 months later...

Been playing this recently after getting it free on PS+ and I quite enjoy it, but the traffic during races is frustrating as fuck. Worse then Burnout Paradise despite being based on the same structure. Interesting to see all of the Hot Pursuit love in here, I never tried that game.

Anybody still playing online?

I have to admit, it's better than I initially gave it credit for. But for some reason I breezed through the "Story" mode and lost all interest. Hot Pursuit's Autolog was like crack for several weeks if not months. Autolog in Most Wanted I could not care less about. I have a nice selection of cars, used and upgraded about a handful, end of story. Also, just driving about "collecting" gates and billboards, meh. Most Wanted lacks the attraction Burnout Paradise and Hot Pursuit have.

It's free so no big complaints from me. I doubt I'll ever play this again though.

When this just came out (and when I played it earlier on a couple of occasions), I really liked the open gameplay set-up, the variety and the audiovisual presentation of the cars. Even thought it was better than Hot Pursuit, which felt a bit lacking on variety compared to this - although Hot Pursuit was much more of a Need for Speed game, compared to the too obviously present ties with Burnout Paradise in Most Wanted.

However, after a good month of play time, Most Wanted didn't really do it for me anymore. It just felt lacking in terms of structure, and the way the pricey DLC was pushed didn't help either. Autolog never really took off, either. Not to mention the multiplayer mode, which just felt like a bit of a mess - not to mention very repetitive.

Hardly having touched it for over 6 months, I find myself going back to it now and really having fun. Doing high speed runs, drifting and the occasional ramming is really good fun, though Cyhwuhx pointed out this really makes the game feel like a Burnout Paradise clone. In the end, the only things to distinguish it from that are the licensed cars.

Bring on Need for Speed: Rivals, although I'd like to see that get more structure as well.

I played the Wii U version and for me it did the core racing stuff better than both Burnout Paradise and Hot Pursuit. The handling is up a notch from Hot Pursuit, with the best drifting of any Criterion game, and it has far more interesting courses to race around than that game. Crucially, unlike Burnout Paradise, it has a navigation system that actually works. Managing to (almost always) direct me the right way while being pretty none intrusive. I was impressed with that element.

But then the structure is utter shit, it has that Hot Pursuit soulless presentation style, lacking the visual character of Paradise City, and I hated the way online operated.

• 1 year later...

Don't know if anyone is still playing this...I hope so since they gave it away for free on the Vita not to long ago.

I need help with 2 online trophies (Vita version).

1. I need to bust a friend. (a few minutes)

2. I need to play a custom created speed list with a friend. (10-20 minutes I think)

Lots of my RLLMUK PSN friends have the game, but you guys aren't playing it any more.

If you could help me out with either (or both) trophies, I would appreciate it.

I just need these and a few other online trophies (that I can get myself) for the Platinum. Already got all the single players trophies.

I love this on the vita, so much so i bought the PS4 game to find it was wank :(

I am happy to help you do it but will have to do it as and when i can get the vita from my daughter!

Cheers dude, no problem, whenever is best for you.

Are you talking about NFS:Rivals on the PS4?

Yeah, I played that first, then this. I thought Rivals was pretty but felt totally unfinished with quite a few quirks that spoilt it. This is indeed, much better.

Don't know if anyone is still playing this...I hope so since they gave it away for free on the Vita not to long ago.

I need help with 2 online trophies (Vita version).

1. I need to bust a friend. (a few minutes)

2. I need to play a custom created speed list with a friend. (10-20 minutes I think)

Aye, can do as well.

Probably won't end up getting all the single player stuff myself, did all the most wanted cars, but wouldn't mind getting the multiplayer ones out of the way.

Cheers guys! So many offers.

My PSN is; Istanbul5-times.

Will be watching the football tonight, so can do it whilst watching that if anyone is available. Or whenever, you're doing me the favour, so just let me know!

edit: I remember the same 'bust a friend' trophy on PS4 NFS:Rivals was buggy as hell, hope it isn't the same.