3DS with bigger screen this summer

pulsemyne

Silver 3DSXL Get!

The guy behind the counter said it was the people who had pre-ordered who were being allowed to get the console a day early, so there's probably some wiggle-room there for individual stores to decide whether they let them go to non-preorders.

I just walked into game 9:15 today and they sold me one straight off, and the 2 people behind me, no pre-order at all or even mention of it being restricted

Here you go!!

Red and Blue are both amazing looking, much much better feeling machine than the normal one, feels like a different company designed it.

264gpa8.jpg

That's more like it! Not sure if I like the blue or red best. And, they look so good together.

I didn't think they'd be able to beat the form factor of the DSi XL but it really is a beautiful machine and shows up just how uncomfortable the original 3DS is to use. Just waiting for my system transfer to complete which is taking a while but Nintendo were generous enough to include a 4GB SD this time around compared to 2GB before which should be plenty of space for when they start full game downloads.

Got a red one which has a sodding dead pixel in the centre of the screen visible to my left eye only in 3d mode.

The top screen s fantastic but the sweet spot for 3d appears to be narrower, the merest wriggle in your hand and the screen jumps about.

System Transfer is done, but i'm now having to use the original 2GB SD Card in the XL rather than the nice 4GB SDHC card that came with it. The procedure for upgrading SD Cards is apparently quite simple (just copy everything from one card to another) but i've suddenly realised that i don't have anything that can read an original size SD Card. Looks like i may have to dig one of my old Card Readers out of storage tomorrow.

Going with the sentiment that the XL feels very nice indeed. Not to mention games like MK7 and Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance look lush on the screen.

Anybody else let out a small 'wow' when they first opened the system? I didn't expect the top screen to be that big. Can't wait to see what games like Pushmo feel like.

For anybody who want's a transferring tip: delete all the stuff from the system memory and transfer only the software license. I did so because my DSi kept failing on me. The little basterd.

I have playing the Rhythm Final Fantasy most of the week on the original 3DS, not the best game to show off the 3D, but the first thing I noticed on the XL that was how much easier it was to hit the notes as well as see some of the backgroud graphics which were hard to see on the original.

I'm getting a review unit tomorrow and although that means its not mine and it's likely that I'll have to return I at some point I'm massively buzzed for it.

Don't forget to delete any *cough* special 3D photos *cough* this time before sending it on to anyone else!

Soooo... can I have some opinions please? How is Kid Icarus: Uprising on this, really? I haven't looked very hard, but the only impression I can find is from ONM, which I am obviously wary of.

Surely the extra weight makes it more uncomfortable? But then... it's more ergonomic...

Soooo... can I have some opinions please? How is Kid Icarus: Uprising on this, really? I haven't looked very hard, but the only impression I can find is from ONM, which I am obviously wary of.

Surely the extra weight makes it more uncomfortable? But then... it's more ergonomic...

NEVER ask for unbiased opinions on the day of a hardware launch.

IT'S FUCKING MARVELOUS.

It's lovely to hold and play games now, compared to the original 3DS.

Picked up silver one from GAME, prefer the look to the colours, really slick. No dead pixels. GAME were dead helpful, gave me the tenner off code with their voucher, its 2 weeks to go back for 100 quid cash for my 3ds. Spot on service, Metro Centre branch.