Zombi U - Not Zombie U, that's not the title.

Professor Puzzles

So does death ever mean your game is ruined? What about all the skills you can get, do they transfer over in death or do they only build up as you play as a character?

I don't think you could ruin the game. At first you have the opportunity to get your items back from the zombie version of your last survivor. All your skills are lost though, no way of getting those back. I think the upgrades you make to all weapons are persistent, so every shotgun you find after making upgrades will have them carried over.

If you mess up trying to get your items back they're gone for good, but it's always possible to go back to an area you've previous been to for more stuff. If you check the CCTV in the safe house it tells you what's in every area where you've hacked the CCTV.

Right - slight spoiler. Scariest bit so far. Before getting to Buck House...

Walking through the tube train.

Undead sitting on chairs. I had no idea if any of them were about to pounce on me at any time... So I creep through the train, stoving their heads in one by one...

None of them were actually 'alive'. BUT I DIDN'T KNOW!

meanhwile there's this constant banging noise and you don't know what it is...

Turns out its a door banging against a suitcase!

Was a bit disappointed to come into a room that was previously empty now with a zombie in it. Despite both doors being shut still and no other way in. Bit cheap that one. Just died six times as the horde came to me by the safe house.

This game is tough, perhaps too tough as a cricket bat to the head or bullet to the face doesn't drop zombies first time. Maybe chicken mode is for me as I'm enjoying the experience otherwise.

Really enjoying this so far. One jump out bit and it's so bloody tense. The defending the safe house bit had me die a few times too...it didn't help I kept thinking I had to barricade the door and couldn't find any planks around to do so until I realized I had to kill all the buggers.

There was also one bit after running back from the supermarket I was trying to get back to the main bunker area but when I tried to open the door I just got the word 'Loading' at the bottom of my screen so the door wouldn't open but the zombies still managed to get to me and finish me off...wasn't too impressed with that.

Fucking hell it's tense, it means that I really can't play it before going to bed for fear I'll not actually sleep. Oh could I ask a favour of those people dying in the defending the safe house bit, could you die with more ammo on you. My message fed is filled with people dead in there with no ammo, or just some planks, Man up and die with some ammo. Like I will when my survivor eventually goes down holding a war chest of weaponry loot and that level 3 pistol skill that I'm petrified of losing.

That bit annoyed me because there was lots of ammo around for the gun but I foolishly thought one clip plus what was in the gun would be enough for any attack.

It wasn't and I died horribly trying to pick up some more and getting overrun and then my next survivor has to pick their way through he remains of the hoard. Lucky I ran into another zombie ex survivor who had some molotovs otherwise I'd have had no chance.

The shotgun is a bit weedy too. The handgun seems more powerful, it lacks a certain kick

I agree with the set pieces. I understand they're there to change the pace and give diversity but they do feel a bit out of place.

Was sneaking up on a Zombie last night to whack him in the back of the head, next thing I knew I had 4 of them around me! Kept myself together and managed to take them all down. After I killed the last one I realised I'd been holding my breath the entire time!

So tense!

Had a classic moment in Buckingham Palace; looting some swag I looked up to the TV screen and suddenly saw 3 Zombies bearing down on top of me. I panicked, whipped out my handgun and unloaded my entire supply of 13 rounds. Missed with every shot, got my face eaten and died.

Had to step away from the sofa for a bit after that, I'd forgotten about breathing. Great game.

Bought this game and downloaded it yesterday! Played it for ten mins before the motion and the lights made me dizzy and nauseous :(

Damn these anti-inflammatory pills I'm taking for a shoulder injury. Looks like no Zombi U for me till I'm off them. Gutted.

Been playing with one character for nearly an hour tonight in Buck House, down to one pistol bullet and the merest sliver of health when I see an undead Pulsemyne. WHY DIDN'T YOU HAVE ANYTHING IN YOUR BACKPACK?!? (then I died)....

You don't deserve my loot or lack of it. Someone appeared in buck palace with me and he had a load of good stuff. Sadly it proved of no use :(

After the safe house horde i was almost ready to sell this game. It looked great, had a great atmoshphere but wasn't for me as it was just too difficult and annoying. But i've kept coming back to it and im enjoying it despite frustrations. I managed to keep one survivor alive for a long time when i spotted gimpydog inside a container. So off i go to bash his head in when all of a sudden *poof* a second zombie has spawned next to me and killed me without telling me it was there. Map pings showed there was only one zombie in the area, there was none above the container, it just spawned right next to me, outside of my view.

The game does try to be clever with spawns, every time you go through a door you can almost expect a zombie to appear behind you, despite you clearing out the area fully and having stood around for a while afterwards. I got to outside Buckingham Palace which had a nice set piece on a machine gun but unlike most video game set pieces it wasn't a case of just shooting until they were all dead, getting bored half way through. I actually ran out of ammo as whilst i collected some ammo boxes i couldn't carry them all and didn't know before how important they would be. So it was fun having to run away to the nearby safe house to buy some time. However after throwing a molotov and a bunch of zombies coming into the safe house i was left with one zombie and a tiny bit of health (which goes down WAY too fast and often without you realising at the time). So i tried to shut the door on him but he got caught between it and the door frame and was flung towards me which killed me.

I've had an issue where i was killing a zombie and their head disappeared but the eyes were still there floating in mid air as it carried on attacking.

For me i think the issue of dying doesn't feel right. Just because in every other game dying normally means the end or put back to your last save so its kind of unsettling but at the same time i think this game can be a bit cheap with the way it can kill you so quickly. Facing one zombie is just as bad as facing 20...actually no facing one is terrible but facing 20 just means you need to run away. I just wish the cricket bat or gun could one kill zombies with well timed swings or headshots. Seeing a zombie with half a head still coming at me is frustrating, why isn't it dead after 7 bat swings to the head?

Still i don't think i'll sell it now, i think i've gotten into it a lot more but its not perfect.

I love it and even the Mrs was enjoying me playing it.

I think it can be played in quite small chunks too. Jump out before you get too frustrated or give yourself a heart attack. Interesting way to play it maybe. I session per character death. Lol.

Heh I'm tooled up now zombies! It's just getting better and better.

Being tooled up just means you're more likely to be an idiot, don't fall into that trap... unless you die round about where i'm playing. Would be really handy to actually have ammo for my stockpile of weapons I carry about with me.

Great to have a game that's actually scary to play again. All of the things Capcom tried to copy and the idea was lying here all the time.I am actually afraid I'm going to die when I encounter a zombie -it's tense, atmospheric -like horror games should be.
Very happy with this- going to have some real good nights over the next few weeks.

After nearly 10 hours with my second survivor (the blonde female), she died a bit dishonorably :( Found a firefighter zombie lying on the floor in a kitchen, and decided to smash him instead of shooting. Not so smart, considering the following explosion...

Reincarnated as the black cop guy and had to go all the way back, through the seriously creepy ruined

nursery

to recollect my stuff. He does seem to be able to run longer and hit harder with the bat, mind.

Also just found the Magnum Pistol during some backtracking :D It's rather powerful alright, shame I already wasted three bullets on a riot control zombie.