Zombi U - Not Zombie U, that's not the title.

Professor Puzzles

I wish the bullets realistically hit the body part your aiming at. Its a bit like if I was to shoot the body I'll the head will xplode which is a bit rubbish.

The hand gun sounds like it has a silencer attached to it

I'm always interested in new consoles etc and would have probably been buying a Wii U on release date anyway (finances permitting that is) but if this is a launch title it will definitely be on my xmas list. I love the way you have to use the pad to take your eyes off the screen for certain things and then zombies can sneak up on you. Pretty damn cool.

There is something slightly odd about how the zombies react to being hit. It looks quite solid, but maybe also a little canned. There does seem to be area specific damage though, at one point it seems like someone takes off a chunk out of a skull with a head shot.

It definitely doesn't look cheap though, those Comic-Con videos look really good.

I know it's early days yet and launch software but there is nothing graphically that looks above a beyond what current HD consoles can do. I was hoping it would be 60 fps. I do like the gamepad interaction but other than that theres nothing else.

Given the comparisons to Dark Souls and Day Z and the popularity of those games, I think it would get a lot of attention regardless of the platform.

But it lacks the MMO / online aspect of Day Z (which is the main draw of the game if I'm not mistaken) and I don't see any similarities with Dark Souls apart from the gameplay element that death has more impact than being returned to your last checkpoint. Apart from the 'wooo zombies' angle, I don't see many similarities with either of the games.

Not saying this will be a stinker or anything, I just look at the trailers and see a rather mundane game and don't understand why some people are orgasmically claiming they're going to buy a Wii U for this.

But it lacks the MMO / online aspect of Day Z (which is the main draw of the game if I'm not mistaken) and I don't see any similarities with Dark Souls apart from the gameplay element that death has more impact than being returned to your last checkpoint.

Not saying this will be a stinker or anything, I just look at the trailers and see a rather mundane game and don't understand why some people are orgasmically claiming they're going to buy a Wii U for this.

No, it's not exactly like either of them, but it has enough similarities (permanent death, more focus on survival than combat) to both that the comparisons are being made.

If it was just another zombie shooter in the same vein as Left 4 Dead but with what appears to be possibly wonky shooting I'd see your point, but they clearly seem to be doing something much more interesting than that. At a time where we're just seeing countless indentikit games coming out, the mere fact it's trying to do something to differentiate itself means it's going to have some interest in it, even if it is unproven. That it's on a new platform and makes some interesting use of it's unique features has maybe brought a bit more interest, especially given the weakness of all the other third party Wii U showings so far, but that's clearly not all that it has going for it. In fact it probably be argued that the general negative reaction to the Wii U after E3 has maybe hurt it a little, and if it had been revealed at the Ubisoft E3 press conference as a multiplatform game it'd be getting even more interest.

I know it's early days yet and launch software but there is nothing graphically that looks above a beyond what current HD consoles can do.

I think we'll be fortunate to see anything of that nature on Wii U - if it is slightly more powerful than the current consoles (and debate rages as to whether or not that's the case) the technical differences are going to be negligible. I guess we'll know for sure when Nintendo finally get around to showing what EAD Tokyo and Retro have been up to.

When you pick items up in a FPS, why do the items just disappear? They put loads of detail into the animations where you reload a gun but the simple act of picking up a piece of paper isn't given any kind of animation at all - items literally just disappear.

It looks pretty nice but it's Dead Island isn't it?

I mean zombies and melee combat.

If Ninty wanted a flagship FPS for their new console on launch, they could have been a little more original. There is bound to be a Metroid title but they could have done something along the lines of a Stranger's Wrath rather than another game with zombies.

Ok, so this is looking pretty interesting now. My scepticism has lifted.

I would echo MIDs comments though - there is something weird and janky about the hit reactions. I think some of the animation is stiff and unconvincing too. This sort of stuff matters in a game where you're going to be seeing the same animations over and over again.

As an example, I feel like the effective range of the push move is further than it should be. It looks odd.

I guess we'll know for sure when Nintendo finally get around to showing what EAD Tokyo and Retro have been up to.

I can't wait to see what they can do with it.

I think we'll be fortunate to see anything of that nature on Wii U - if it is slightly more powerful than the current consoles (and debate rages as to whether or not that's the case) the technical differences are going to be negligible

I really hope it isn't negligible. I don't want another Nintendo gen which drags its feet technically.