Zombi U - Not Zombie U, that's not the title.

Professor Puzzles

Here are a couple of gametrailers videos showing the first area of the game:

www.gametrailers.com/videos/kw1utu/zombiu-bunker-walkthrough-part-i

www.gametrailers.com/videos/eze953/zombiu-bunker-walkthrough-part-ii

Here's a gamesradar preview with another 18 minutes worth of footage:

http://www.gamesrada...rst-hours-game/

There are new previews appearing here and there on the internet now and they all suggest that this game is going to be pretty fucking good! Hurrah!

Here are a couple of gametrailers videos showing the first area of the game:

www.gametrailers.com/videos/kw1utu/zombiu-bunker-walkthrough-part-i

www.gametrailers.com/videos/eze953/zombiu-bunker-walkthrough-part-ii

Here's a gamesradar preview with another 18 minutes worth of footage:

http://www.gamesrada...rst-hours-game/

There are new previews appearing here and there on the internet now and they all suggest that this game is going to be pretty fucking good! Hurrah!

this does look very condemned (sorry scott) from that 18 min preview. Described as "constantly tense", "not exactly fun" - and with what appears to be similar combat, aesthetic and scanning gameplay.

not that that's a bad thing (a lot of people loved that game). just not me unfortunately.

i had enough of continuously battering people over the head, in dark corridoors, with blunt objects. made me feel anxious every time i switched it on. shame though - as i wanted to like it more.

the more i see of zombie u the more it reminds of a prettier version of that.

ZombiU has a big twist toward the end of the game.

Story director Gabrielle Shrager won’t say what it is, but did note that skilled players may be able to discover it before it’s officially revealed in the game.

“There is a twist. ZombiU is a thriller, but only the most persistent and best-prepared survivors will discover what the twist is before the reveal.”

Given how important the twist is, Shrager hopes that Miiverse won’t lead to spoilers for new players:

“I’m sure the first survivors won’t resist the urge to spill the beans, but I hope others won’t spoil it for themselves.”

Sounds interesting...

http://www.vg247.com/2012/11/16/zombiu-web-comic-launched-with-daily-updates-for-the-next-two-weeks/

ZombiU web comic launched with daily updates for the next two weeks

A ZombiU web comic has been launched by Ubisoft which chronicles the first 14 days after Armageddon. A new installment in the series will be posted though here every day for the next two weeks. ZombiU is out on November 18 in the US and November 30 in the UK alongside Wii U.

I've got a £300 Nintendo Land Premium bundle with Amazon for £300 and a Zombi U Premium one with Zavvi for the same price. I'm not quite sure which one to cancel. I know I want the Controller Pro, so if I trade in Zombi U for Nintendo Land, the Zavvi preorder seems to be the best option to stick with.

Gotta at least try it. London, innit?

Here's a blurb from the Edge review:

ZombiU makes the relationship between TV and GamePad screens feel fresh, and - displaying a clear awareness of horror gaming conventions - it toys with you brilliantly [...] and contribute to sophisticated shocks. The GamePad's new way to play also presents new ways for you to be played, and the resulting surprises are often delightful.

I've got a £300 Nintendo Land Premium bundle with Amazon for £300 and a Zombi U Premium one with Zavvi for the same price. I'm not quite sure which one to cancel. I know I want the GamePad Pro, so if I trade in Zombi U for Nintendo Land, the Zavvi preorder seems to be the best option to stick with.

Gotta at least try it. London, innit?

ZombiU is probably going to be a fun game, but Nintendoland is more likely to be the more fun in the long term. Probably the equivalent of buying Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire instead of Wave Race at the N64 launch....

I refuse to believe that Ubisoft would release a game that's a big pile of shit

I'm thinking Nintendo wouldn't release a specific console pack with this game if they didn't think it was good.

Sounds like the game is a fairly standard affair but with good use of the gamepad (like the Edge blurb talks about) I'm still in for this.