Zombi U - Not Zombie U, that's not the title.

Professor Puzzles

That particular bit? Seems random. I got different zombies in different locations every time

I just came back from Buck Palace to save and zombie moosegrinder was hanging around outside my safehouse. I stove his head in and got loads of shizzle.

Well when you die the game continues, so the zombie wave continues from where you died.

It's a cool idea because although you die it's not like you're having to reload and play the bit again, you're literally continuing from where you left off.

At least I'm pretty sure this is how it works. When I died at the supermarket, on returning, the hoard that I'd triggered were all there...waiting for fresh meat!

The game gets better and better. I'm in Buckingham Palace bunker. The atmosphere is excellent. So creepy. I'm getting better at swinging my willow. My current survivor has been on the go for a while now. Killed a couple of mukkers :)

If anyone worries about finding save game places there are spots out and about but you have to look for them. If you see raven images on the wall follow those and they'll lead to a safe room.

Yes, No, no. There are discrete sections in the levels too. It's not a bad thing though.

It's also very, very tough. Zombies take a lot of health with a swipe and if they get their teeth into you it's curtains. Dead. Very very satisfying.

Difficulty levels? ways to wimp out for scaredy cats?

what about cheap spawn zombies, on the Giantbomb quicklook I wasnt happy with one sequence where guy cleared out rooms and corridor, entered lift and magically 2/3 zombies had appeared behind him preventing door from closing.

does that happen often?

There are two difficulty levels. Normal and chicken. Chicken doesn't let you take part in leaderboards.

Yeah. I've noticed it sneak spawning zombies. It has parts of levels where they can climb in over fences and stuff but I have caught it bringing them into places they shouldn't. It's not excessive though and to be honest helps heighten the tension. Makes you feel safe nowhere but safe rooms.

There's some comedy clipping and physics. Especially if you fight Zombies on stairs. One I found would literally bounce upwards when I hit him on the head :) It's a little bit rough in places but a hell of a game. The quicklook just showed indoor stuff didn't it? There's some really effective outdoor scenes too. On the way to Buckingham Palace there's one section with a massive thunderstorm going on. Rain pouring down. Dark. Murky. WHAT THE HELL. AGGHH

You creep around pinging your radar a lot

EDIT: Best bit, one of the ZombiU developers flat out tells Iwata to his face that he wants Wii-U F-Zero. Make. It. So. Please.

It's a little-known Nintendo tradition for one of their main series to skip an entire hardware generation. Every generation since the SNES, one great series has surprisingly been absent. N64 > Metroid. Gamecube > Super Mario :P Wii > F-Zero. WiiU > ??

I'm still staggered that this reviewed so poorly on certain sites/mags.. For me the slower pace is much more appealing than the likes of L4D.. as others have already said it feels like a true survival horror game. Thanks to sparse ammo/equipment, foreboding settings and enemies to actually be wary of.

I was also taken with the "make me a zombie" little extra.. certainly a fun way to kill a few minutes. Just a shame there doesnt seem a way to export pics from it.

I just came back from Buck Palace to save and zombie moosegrinder was hanging around outside my safehouse. I stove his head in and got loads of shizzle.

I had this when I came out of the elevator inside the palace. Killing Zombie-Moosey netted me about 100 pistol bullets and more. Shot up the whole place grinning :)

I'm still staggered that this reviewed so poorly on certain sites/mags.. For me the slower pace is much more appealing than the likes of L4D.. as others have already said it feels like a true survival horror game. Thanks to sparse ammo/equipment, foreboding settings and enemies to actually be wary of.

I was also taken with the "make me a zombie" little extra.. certainly a fun way to kill a few minutes. Just a shame there doesnt seem a way to export pics from it.

What's your NNID, U-1? Do add me!

What's your NNID, U-1? Do add me!

It's Yewone.. will get you added Joe.

Loving the little touches in this, like returning to your safe house after an expedition, only to be told its not safe to sleep. So a recon of the surrounding area finds the corpse of a forumite roaming the halls, a couple of cricketbat hits to the head later, it's back to the bunk for a kip!

Right, help. I'm in Brick Lane after the Bunker and

I've found another code door, lined up the raven crest on the window with the one on the wall and found symbols but I have no idea what they mean. One looks lke a reverse 3, the others are nonsensical

What obvious thing am I missing?