Your Worst Game Ever?

Guest Penguin_Lad

Guest Penguin_Lad
LA SWAT (Spectrum, 1987 Entertainment USA) - Truly awful vertically scrolling shoot-em-up in a similar style to Commando. You walk up a street shooting people, get to the end of the street and then you get the `Game Over` message. Truly crap!

Yes this was very bad...but the C64 version was pretty good strangely enough.

Why? Because you like it?

Other person in having different opinion to you shocker.

No, not because I like it, but because out of all the games you have played in your 20 years of games playing, you chose Ico.

As for someone else having a different opinion to me, that's fine - especially your good self as I enjoy reading your posts. I may not agree with them, but they're always well written.

Except this one ;)

Rob

Surely someone’s says Halo next.

Anyways the most overrated game I have ever played is Super Mario 64. I just never got into it. Until today I still haven’t mastered it. In my eyes Mario is a 2D game and that is probably what makes me hate Mario 3D.

ICO rocks though.

Guest Penguin_Lad
Surely someone?s says Halo next.

Anyways the most overrated game I have ever played is Super Mario 64. I just never got into it. Until today I still haven?t mastered it. In my eyes Mario is a 2D game and that is probably what makes me hate Mario 3D.

ICO rocks though.

Everyone LOOK at the topic title.

WORST WORST WORST. Not overated or "Wasn't as good as the original" or "I don't get why people like it".

Worst.

Ahh, yes.

Mario 64. It is the worst game i've ever played.

Not because it's "bad" but beacuse it was my least enjoyable gaming experience ever.

Hated every minute of it, and I really did try.

I've never been a fan of 2D Mario either, but 64 I hated.

I bought Sunshine, but sold it again after playing for a few hours.

Didn't like it at all.

Anyways the most overrated game I have ever played is Super Mario 64. I just never got into it. Until today I still haven?t mastered it. In my eyes Mario is a 2D game and that is probably what makes me hate Mario 3D.

ICO rocks though.

WORST WORST WORST. Not overated or "Wasn't as good as the original" or "I don't get why people like it".

Worst.

I'm sorry, but in that case it would still be mario64, but it is not exactly the worst if I think about it.

No, not because I like it, but because out of all the games you have played in your 20 years of games playing, you chose Ico.

I shoudl mention that I didn't buy ICO. I currently have it on long-term loan from a Dutch friend who thought it was crap as well. To be honest, I wouldn't mind my THPS3 back.

ICO is frustrating. It could be a good game, but it is just so badly presented (especially with the camera, which I am not joking is the worst I have ever seen) that it just destroys any chance the game has.

Maybe there were worse games back on the Acorn Electron, but I am trying to put the games in context. Games back then were simplistic, but so was the hardware. If we don't take context into account then I would have to change my answer to the Binatone Pong rip-off I had when I was about six. I think that would be wrong though, because at the time the game was amazing.

Guest Penguin_Lad

ICO rocks though.

Worst.

I'm sorry, but in that case it would still be mario64, but it is not exactly the worst if I think about it.

Hey no worries didn't mean to have a go at you...just a general comment.

I think, probably, I'm a gaming whore.

ICO rocks though.

Worst.

Hey no worries didn't mean to have a go at you...just a general comment.

I think, probably, I'm a gaming whore.

It's alright.

Anyways, the great escape is probablyy the worst I have ever played.

Apart from the music and Steve McQueen the game was shit.

ICO is frustrating. It could be a good game, but it is just so badly presented (especially with the camera, which I am not joking is the worst I have ever seen) that it just destroys any chance the game has.

Aaaargh... ;)

This whole thread has made my head hurt.

You're all bananas.

All the football games on Dreamcast were pretty awful, highlighting European Super League as my prime example. But those games are saved because they were so bad it was/and still is funny. I play the above title with my house mates at Uni, and we're all in hysterics.

The game I felt most let down by was Shadow of Memories. Built up to me by everyone as a 'next generation' title, I felt let down by how poor it was. Considering I'd just completed Shenmue, and was looking for a challenge that measured up, it just played so so bad.

Probably not the worst title ever, but certainly mine.

Easy to see that most here are posting games that are far from the worst ever made, rather they are name dropping big name titles that they didn't enjoy. For example I hate Ico and Rez, but they are far from the worst games I've ever played.

I think I've avoided most of the really bad games released, but the worst that comes to mind that I have actually played was a Terminator game (T2 I think) on the Megadrive.

Easy to see that most here are posting games that are far from the worst ever made, rather they are name dropping big name titles that they didn't enjoy. For example I hate Ico and Rez, but they are far from the worst games I've ever played.

I think I've avoided most of the really bad games released, but the worst that comes to mind that I have actually played was a Terminator game (T2 I think) on the Megadrive.

Not me.

Penguin Lad asked for *your* worst game, and in terms of enjoyment etc my worst game for is Mario 64.

I would struggle to think of a game i disliked so much.

If you don't enjoy a game, so much so you think it's the worst game you, personally, have ever played, then it's *your* worst game isn't it?

Therefore, Mario 64 is my worst game.

As you said, I too avoid bad games.

Not me.

Penguin Lad asked for *your* worst game, and in terms of enjoyment etc my worst game for this is Mario 64.

I would struggle to thiank of a game i disliked so much.

Therefore, MArio 64 is my worst game.

I can only asume you play few games. I can see people not enjoying Mario 64 (me for one), but I fail to see how it could be anybodys worst game.

Try looking in the bargian bins for some real crap. ;)

Not me.

Penguin Lad asked for *your* worst game, and in terms of enjoyment etc my worst game for this is Mario 64.

I can only asume you play few games. I can see people not enjoying Mario 64 (me for one), but I fail to see how it could be anybodys worst game.

Why?

Why do you assume i haven't played many games?

Sure, there are probably tons of games that are worse, but I haven't played them.

So ner!

worst EVER? jesus.

must be that launch PS2 game, futuristic racer thingy. Jap version was called HRESVELGR (yes really); I forget what the PAL version was renamed to... *googles* JET ION GP, that was it. yeah. hateful piece of code.

anyone mentioning SMS, GTA:VC, Ico, M64, anything like that, or even my favourite hate-directing-games KOTOR and TS2, is in the wrong thread.

Not me.

Why?

Why do you assume i haven't played many games?

Sure, there are probably tons of games that are worse, but I haven't played them.

So ner!

Anyway your a Zelda hater so your opinion doesn't count. :P

worst EVER? jesus.

must be that launch PS2 game, futuristic racer thingy. Jap version was called HRESVELGR (yes really); I forget what the PAL version was renamed to... *googles* JET ION GP, that was it. yeah. hateful piece of code.

anyone mentioning SMS, GTA:VC, Ico, M64, anything like that, or even my favourite hate-directing-games KOTOR and TS2, is in the wrong thread.

Why?

Come on, in PL's on words, it's about my worst game.

As I have said a bazillion times before, I can see why so many people rave about it.

But, for me, in terms of fun, gameplay, stuff you had to do etc etc

i hated it. I have never played a game that i hated playing so much.

Why is that so hard to bloody understand?

This makes out like I hate it, I don't really, but in terms of (as i have said before, over and over) "fun" it is my most fun free gameplaying experience.