Your Worst Game Ever?

Guest Penguin_Lad

Guest Penguin_Lad
Lost Kingdoms 2.

Worst. Game. Ever.

Cant be worse than the first.....can it? ;)

Are you on drugs? Lost Kingdom is nowhere near the 'worst game ever', and although the sequel is poo, no way is it anywhere near 'worst game ever' either.

Airwolf on the ZX Spectrum comes pretty close. as does GoDai Elemental Force on the PS2.

Dunno, as far as I remember I enjoyed Airwolf a hell of a lot more than the hour or so I spent with Lost Kingdoms (its sat unplayed on my shelf ever since)

Sorry maybe I should have posted this in the "what game did you enjoy the least?" thread instead ;)

That's what it's there for!

This thread is the same, it's just worded differently. Somehow it turned into a boiling spite filled pot of foolishness...I'm probably partly to blame, but I thought I was being slightly cheeky with my first few replies.

It's not the same.

You obviously haven't read (played) enough threads (games) of this topic (genre) before.

Go and do it know! You now, even really crap ones!

You'll be a better forumite (gamer) at the end of it!

Cheeky cow. There's no way you are getting my sex wee now, EVER.

hi Laine ;)

was thinking earlier, that if you (as you argued) avoid stuff received as averageware etc, how on earth did you end up playing the Spyro games??? ;)

Because he was cute.

And I wanted a platformer.

I got my PSX before my N64.

So ner!

And I didn't say I avoid averge games, just really, really bad ones.

italia 90 on the megadrive.

christ that game was shit. i dunno quite why i expected it to be as good as the italia 90 arcade (i have no idea if they are in any way related, the arcade was by tecmo, no idea about the MD game), which is still one of my favourite footie games ever, but, well... its not. luckily, it wasn't mine, it was a friends.

maybe if i'd played it before the arcade, and before sensi, it would have seemed better. but i didn't. so its crap ;)

i'd like to play it again actually. i don't know why...

ICO.

Stupidly I am still playing through it just so I can moan about it in threads like this. Before people woudl tell me that I haven't given it a chance, but now I have got to outside the bloody castle they can't exactly say that anymore. Once I can complete it I can moan away.

It really is supremely shit with the worst camera I have seen in a videogame ever.

I can understand you disliking Ico, because it's not your thing.

But the camera being shit? No no no. Ico's camera handling is pure genious and NEVER EVER fails. It's the ultiamte camera for a 3d adventure game. Fixed, and slightly rotatable. Lovely !

Anyway, the biggest pile of excrement I have ever bought must have been Tenchy: Wrath of Kahn... what a complete mess that game is. *blaaaargh*

Disappointing gfx, horrible gameplay, pathetic story ect.

Worst games what i have actually owned:

Pitfighter (Megadrive) Appalling. For so many reasons.

Crue Ball (Megadrive) Instead of hearing a badly synthed version of one of three not particularly good Crue tracks, why not just stick a Motley crue tape on, and a good pinball game with the music turned off?

The Great Escape (Xbox) I don't understand why i hated this so much, except for the fact the opening scene in the bomber was so badly thought out that even when I knew what i was doing it still too me 3 or 4 tries to find what i needed.

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (PSOne) Just never got into the cod-Hammer-ness of it all. Lots of endless, pintless wandering with no real idea of what on earth i was doing...

Suzuki Alstare Racing (DC) It was free, ok? All the handling and skill requirements of a bus. Watch as the bike careers over to the far side of the screen with the smallest twitch of the pad. Obviously made by people who had never seen a motorcycle, let alone ridden one. And why on earth would I want to join the ranks of Stephane Chambon and Fujiwara on superbikes when they were pretty crappy anyway?

Highway 2000 (Saturn) Words fail me. The absolute worst racing game I have ever played. Ever.

Hardcore 4x4 (Saturn) A close second to Highway 2000.

Super Soccer (SNES) Complete mastery of the sweet spot took 2 seconds. Figuring out ways to make this turd enjoyable took lifetimes. Only sold as a launch title because nothing else was about.

I'm not a huge fan of SM64, but it ain't anywhere near Highway 2000.

Guest Penguin_Lad
Behold the legend:

chris.jpg

Did you ever play it? If only it had Kamaras MENTAL commentary...him freestyling over the action.

ICO.

Stupidly I am still playing through it just so I can moan about it in threads like this. Before people woudl tell me that I haven't given it a chance, but now I have got to outside the bloody castle they can't exactly say that anymore. Once I can complete it I can moan away.

It really is supremely shit with the worst camera I have seen in a videogame ever.

I loved Ico. But I would have killed for a freelook option.

I didn't buy it for years due to that plastic bag it used to come in. Surely that had to be one of the worst marketing ideas ever. It was more expensive than anything else and you couldn't flick through it in Smiths.

Same here. I used to think 'if it's wrapped in a plastic bag they mustn't have much faith in their writing.'

The thing that struck me about ICO is the atmosphere. It's lifeless. And the story hardly grabbed me either. I really didn't care who this kid with horns was, I didn't care who Yorda was. I really couldn't be bothered to get them out of the castle. They were so plain and featureless.

Whereas I was intrigued. It was the first game in ages that had me wondering about who had built the surroundings and why.

However, everyone's entitled to their opinion. (Hell, I found Mario 64 to be lifeless, but I generally keep that to myself in fear of massive retribution. More power to you for having the guts to state your opinion.)

Jet Ion Racer or something very similar, by UBI I think. It's for the PS2, and I got it for £4.99, and I though it was so, SO shit I threw it away, I didn't even want to see it again. Utterly, utterly shit, and surely should never have been released.

I liked the Southpark FPS for the N64... I liked it a lot...

EDIT: Jet Ion GP it's called, please read this review and tell me it's not the worst thing ever. 1/10 it got...

Fellas you have not come close I promise you.

Battlemonsters on the Saturn so bad it is amazing!

2d fighting game with the likes of Medusa Frankensteins animationwas 2 frames to get across the screen with this noise soundinglike a pensioner pooing his pants.

If you can get it!

;)

I have a horrible feeling that it's sitting alongside Highway 2000 and Hardcore 4x4

The Real Ghostbusters on the Spectrum 48k. Utter Crap!!

Shadow of the beast 3 & Fright Night on the Amiga. Crap!!!

Rise of the Robots on the PC. Utter Crap!!!

Cool boarders On the PS one. Crap!!!!

Chequered Flag on the Atari Jaguar. Mega Crap!!!

The New Mortal Combat Game on the PS 2. Crap

Mario 64. It is the worst game i've ever played.

Freak!!

You're a bit slow aren't you?

We went over that a couple of weeks back.

Sorry My life doesn’t revolve around the Forum. Didn't See it.

Poor thing, you don't have a job where you can spend your day on here instead of working?

Oh, and you don't bother at least reading a thread before you reply?

It's a few pages back.