Your Worst Game Ever?

Guest Penguin_Lad

Poor thing, you don't have a job where you can spend your day on here instead of working?

Unfortunatly not!! But I'm working with Layte100 and he tends to spend all his time on here. The lazy SOB!!!

Oh, and you don't bother at least reading a thread before you reply?

It's a few pages back.

I will Look a Few Pages back then. Sorry!!! ;)

Poor thing, you don't have a job where you can spend your day on here instead of working?

Unfortunately not!! But I'm working with Layte100 and he tends to spend all his time on here. The lazy SOB!!!

Grass him up to your boss!

Unless he *is* your boss...

Unfortunately not!! But I'm working with Layte100 and he tends to spend all his time on here. The lazy SOB!!!

Grass him up to your boss!

Unless he *is* your boss...

Couldn't do that. He's a mate!!!

As usual, there are two types of posters here:

Type 1) Lists some genuinely awful games

Type 2) Lists popular games that they didn't like, just to look hard (or something).

If you say Ico or Mario 64 or Vice City etc.. is the worst game you've ever played, then you have either only played about 3 games all your life, or you are an internet keyboard warrior of the highest rank.

My list:

This gen: NightCaster

Last gen: Carmageddon 64

Speccy: Transylvanian Tower.

I've probably played worse, but they really stick out.

As usual, there are two types of posters here:

Type 1) Lists some genuinely awful games

Type 2) Lists popular games that they didn't like, just to look hard (or something).

If you say Ico or Mario 64 or Vice City etc.. is the worst game you've ever played, then you have either only played about 3 games all your life, or you are an internet keyboard warrior of the highest rank.

My list:

This gen: NightCaster

Last gen: Carmageddon 64

Speccy: Transylvanian Tower.

I've probably played worse, but they really stick out.

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showtopic=26245

Fuck off. That's an aces game. I bet you were just rubbish at it.

Mr Ladbrokes? My twenty pounds, please.

Come on, it was garbage.

2 particular things I remember:

Shooting bats. IIRC, you had 10 seconds or something to shoot the bat. Shooting he bat involved pressing the shoot button at the same time as the bat randomly appeared above the gun. You had limited shots so you couldn't just blast away. It was completely random, no skill at all. You could spend ages playing, only to be killed by the random bat attack. Reactions didn't come into it, you had to press shoot the frame before the bat appeared in the centre to shoot it. And it didn't even move, it just appeared randomly all over the shop.

Also, collecting a ring or something that allowed you to go through walls. The number of times I accidentally went through a wall into a dead end that I couldn't get out of. Grrrr.

Oh, and you had to load it with LOAD "" CODE if I remember correctly - that's pretty crap.

Bad Dudes vs Dragonninja on the NES.

"Hey," I think to myself, "This is that game with the really ironically funny 'Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president' intro. I bet it'll be good for a laugh."

Biggest fucking waste of money ever. And I bought it for £2.99. Would've been smashed with a claw hammer simply for the fact it was a two player beat em up but you played in turns. FFS even Blue Shadow could manage two player simulataneously. And that was crap too.

Night Trap is also baws but redeems itself in a "You know, there actually isn't a game her... haha! Dana Plato's getting molested" random button pressing way.

Oooh, please dish the dirt :(

Ordinary plot.

Scenarios where you just had to push 'x' through reams of dialogue.

An insanely complicated magic system that made it ultra difficult to decide what items to hold/wear.

Awful music.

The watercolour style graphics were fantastic though.

It was the first Square game I gave up on. In fact I gave up on playing Square games after this until I saw Front Mission 3.

Guest Penguin_Lad
Kick Off on the Megadrive was one of the worst things I've ever played.

I mean, there was a button for turning when holding the ball. Why?

Hey slagging off Kick Off...you are on the wrong forum!

Bought Big Mutha Truckers a couple of days ago in Game's sale for £9.99 and thought that for such a cheap price it was worth a shot!I kind of liked 18 Wheeler in some kind of perverse way when I got it free with my Gamecune and thought that it would be more of the same.

How wrong was I.This game made 18 Wheeler look like a masterpiece,it really was that shit.

It now resides in the pile of things to take back after Christmas.Thank god I saved my receipt and also for Game's return policy.

This gets my vote for worst game in avery long time.

Lord of the rings on the spectrum.

I was hoping a mix of Lords of midnight and The hobbit.

I was wrong.

So wrong.

The number of times I played this only to have the dreaded 'please press play on the tape' message that led to the 'you have failed' message - I really couldn't figure out how on earth you were supposed to even get close to finishing it.

Edit - Nope, that was War in Middle Earth. :D

But my all time worst:

SAS Operation Thunderflash on the Spectrum.

If anyone else spent 2.99 of their hard earned pocket money on the worst game they'd ever played they would have cried too (I was only little, okay?).

Edit: I challenge anyone to get past the second (or was it third) room. I never, ever could. God I was upset by this game. <_<

http://www.zxsoftware.co.uk/S/Pages/SAS%20...hunderflash.htm

Frank Herbert's Dune on the PC (also on PS2 shite fans). Bugged to shit, crap graphic piss-poor controls. Irredeemable dross.

Ducatti Racer (?) on the DC. I'm sure it was a wind-up. Even though I got dodgy pirate version, I felt short changed. Even as freeware they'd be overcharging.

Bear Bovver on Spectrum. Don't know why but I hated it with a vengeance. I don't know why but it scarred my teenage psyche.

Oh, and Airwolf was shit too.

I'll give two, because I find it difficult to choose between them.

Count Duckula 2 on the Amstrad CPC is absolutely terrible. Released in 1992, a time when we were wooed by the delights of the SNES and MD and CPC games had to deliver something special to be heard of, Audiogenic decided to release this tripe which I could have coded better in BASIC. Three frames of animation, trial and error gameplay taken to the extreme, and it's impossible to get off the first screen without losing a good deal of energy.

How the coders ever managed to create such a game and decide it was worthy of release beggars belief. Amstrad Action were generous to give it 3%.

Gazza's Super Soccer, again for the CPC, is the worst footie game I can think of. Animation that's almost as bad as CD2, a flick screen approach that stops your players from moving from one area of the pitch to another, and the fact that you can't actually tell what's going on makes it completely unplayable. Another one that has no reason to exist.

I've played many a stinker, but these two just fall apart on every level.

In Cold Blood.

I was really looking forward to Charles Cecil's next game after his cracking Broken Sword games.

Even despite poor reviews, I thought they must have been wrong- this guy knows what he's doing.

Oh dear lord...it was bloody terrible.

Terribly sad all 'round.

Goldeneye.

No, I'm not saying it because I'm trying to be controversial. Other games, I got some pleasure out of, even the worst. But not this, forced myself to play about 5 levels but coudn't take it any more

As for the control system, I found it to be absolutely dire, the analogue stick is awful, takes about 5 or 6 corrections to hit anything more than 10m away, and it's very 'juddery'....

The in-game movement is not smooth like modern games, it stutters too much.

I dunno....maybe it's because I played it 5 years after it was released and became spoiled by all the FPSs after Goldeneye came out. Regardless, I can't stand this game.

Guest Penguin_Lad
Gazza's Super Soccer, again for the CPC, is the worst footie game I can think of. Animation that's almost as bad as CD2, a flick screen approach that stops your players from moving from one area of the pitch to another, and the fact that you can't actually tell what's going on makes it completely unplayable. Another one that has no reason to exist.

Oh that flick screen action! That was truly awful.