Lego City Undercover

James Lyon

You used the scanner yes??

I thought that! Ellie tells you to, and there are 5-6 super bricks right there behind the police station that give you more than enough in less than 10 minutes.

Speaking of vehicles, has anyone else found that the Nitro Boost that some cars are equipped with doesn't actually make you go any faster? I never seem to gain any ground on the car I'm chasing when I use it.

There's a good red brick

Nitro on everything, brilliant on the bike or wheelchair

The nitro doesn't make you speed up much in the chases (probably to make it a bit harder) but I think certain cars have 'better' boost as well, the main cop car the chopper drops off on those chase missions isn't that fast. I might be imagining it completely but that's what it seems like.

91% or so now, brilliant game.

Excuse these stupid questions but I've only played it in a few half hour chunks and may have missed stuff.

I have collected 250,000 studs. What for?

All the doors/areas marked A I can't access? I can detect super bricks behind the police station but can't access them.

I've just realised that I need to smash stuff up to access the ferry, seemed a bit counter intuitive for a Lego game.

Apologies this is my first Lego game.

Progress through the game to get new abilities. Use those to open doors and access areas you couldn't previously.

Spend studs on unlocked characters, vehicles and bricks by visiting the basement of the police station.

Oh, and the basic principal behind ALL Lego games is "smash up everything".

This really is one of the best games in years. Everything about it is so well-designed, solid, charming and fun. Yesterday I drove a Lego tractor down a Lego railway tunnel, then crashed it into the sea and got eaten by a Lego shark. What's not to love about that?

Nintendo should have made a lot more fuss about it. If this had been on the Wii it would have sold millions of copies by now.

I saw an ad for this the other night attached to Lego City Toys on the TV. It showed a kid and his dad playing with the toys then playing with the game. That sort of shit should be everywhere at the moment, as this game thoroughly deserves it. I really do laugh at the criticism that this game is lesser for the lack of co-op. Absolute nonsense. It's a brilliant, single player game with tons of content.

I saw an ad for this the other night attached to Lego City Toys on the TV. It showed a kid and his dad playing with the toys then playing with the game. That sort of shit should be everywhere at the moment, as this game thoroughly deserves it. I really do laugh at the criticism that this game is lesser for the lack of co-op. Absolute nonsense. It's a brilliant, single player game with tons of content.

Yeah - they showed that advert before Game of Thrones on Monday as well. Should be in the cinema. Dads are looking for games to play with their kids...

unless they're Strider or Napoleon. ;)

Have to agree the lack of co-op hasn't lessened the experience at all for me.

It's far and away the best "family" game I've played in ages. We all get involved.. My daughter just happily runs around "boshing" things, I play it to progress through the missions and its kickstarted my wife's OCD as she meticulously searches every square inch of the map for all the extras.

I still find it staggering that some reviews gave this a 5, the amount of content they have crammed into the game is insane!

Well I didn't like to point fingers.. ;)

Another thing I love is the subtle difference with every character, just how they each have their own idle animations (which given how many character there are is pretty impressive)... and I properly laughed when you ride a horse using Frank!

Well I didn't like to point fingers.. ;)

!

Lol no problem. I've long stopped worrying about what people think of my review scores. It's a good game so i gave it a good score. It's nice to see so many people are getting a lot more enjoyment out of it, but it just wasn't doing it for me.