rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
APM

Finish Those Games!

Yes, but once a game is completed you take it off the list and replace it with another so you need five games you need to complete. See?

Stop being awkward! :D

Ah. I didn't realise that was the plan. I guess I should have read the thread.

OK.

Metroid Prime

Zelda:OoT

Zelda:LttP

GTA3

Super Mario Sunshine

Updated again.

KimPossible, you really need to stop playing on Live! if you want to have any hope of completing those games, you know. :D

And Sheriff, those stats are pretty scary. I know mine isn't that bad in that apart from a few I completed just about every game I picked up last year. It's just the last few months saw a glut of titles come flooding out, and this bloody forum doesn't help with so many threads on how great Game X or Y is and then my willpower crumbles and...

Anyway, enough to see me through to Halo 2, anyway. :)

I really need this to work this year. Like I said before, it can be done, two years ago I held out from New Year to May before buying any more games. However I've just worked out my games spending from last year:

Number of games bought: 30

Number of games received as gifts: 3

Total spent on games (excluding gifts): £783 (averages at £26.10 per game I bought)

Total spent on hardware & accessories: £185

Grand total spent by myself on games & game stuff: £968

Number of games completed: 4

I think a spend of £242 per game completed is a bit on the excessive side. Plus I've just had to pay a massive (and completely unexpected) tax bill so I've knackered the family finances too.

This thing had better work!

I wish you hadn't done that as it's made me just do the same

£750 on 32 games (and a further 5 recieved as gifts, and a further 5 with a 2nd hand DC ). A game every 9 days, and only 4 finished last year.

Must be strong this year.

OK might as well join in

1)XIII

2)FFTA

3)Mario Kart DD!!

4)Top Spin Tennis

5)PGR2

KimPossible, you really need to stop playing on Live! if you want to have any hope of completing those games, you know. :)

Yeah I know. Is it any surprise that the two games that I'm furthest through are the two I played over Christmas when I never had access to my xbox/broadband :D

Right, back to RS3. Hopefully I can complete at least one mission before getting an invite.

KimPossible, you really need to stop playing on Live! if you want to have any hope of completing those games, you know. ;)

Yeah I know. Is it any surprise that the two games that I'm furthest through are the two I played over Christmas when I never had access to my xbox/broadband ;)

Right, back to RS3. Hopefully I can complete at least one mission before getting an invite.

And did you? I managed to finish the game on recruit mode. That last Airport mission is quite tough, though.

Now, on to Gregory Horror Show.

As much as I'd love to do this, I'm having far too much fun playing on xbox live at the moment.

And did you? I managed to finish the game on recruit mode. That last Airport mission is quite tough, though.

Now, on to Gregory Horror Show.

Yes, I managed to do two this evening. I just finished the childrens charity one as Uxorious' invite flashed up on the screen ;) Old City tomorrow night. I'm playing through on veteran.

I'd like to join in please - after completing KOTOR and taking Broken Sword 3 from start to finish in the past week, I'm in the mood for finishing some more games.

Here goes, in no particular order:

1. Gregory Horror Show

2. XIII

3. Project Zero

4. Manhunt

5. Headhunter

Having thoroughly enjoyed actually finishing a game for once (PoP:Sot, although the last 20% is a chore), I'm up for this also.

1. I-Ninja.

2. Beyond Good and Evil.

3. Jak II.

4. Ratchet and Clank II.

5. Mario and Luigi.

Can you keep a list of the games that each person completes in addition to the current 5 playlist? It appeals to my voyeuristic tendencies and would be interesting to look back on at the end of the year.

Having thoroughly enjoyed actually finishing a game for once (PoP:Sot, although the last 20% is a chore), I'm up for this also.

1. I-Ninja.

2. Beyond Good and Evil.

3. Jak II.

4. Ratchet and Clank II.

5. Mario and Luigi.

Can you keep a list of the games that each person completes in addition to the current 5 playlist? It appeals to my voyeuristic tendencies and would be interesting to look back on at the end of the year.

I thought the last 20% was the best bit.

I thought the last 20% was the best bit.

Yes, I've heard quite a few people say that.

However, I hated the fight in the elevator and the one coming up out of the well. I got stuck on the "bath puzzle" and I didn't like the final mirror puzzle. Without wanting to give away spoilers, I also think that what happened in the tomb showed how frustrating the game could have been. I was relieved when I finished it.

Prior to that I encountered the bug at 33% causing a restart and also the bug during the first mirror challenge (move the mirror once you have hit the crystal thing and it won't shine again without a restart). Maybe these lessened my enthusiasm a bit during the end.

I still think it is the best game since Mario 64 though and possibly the only game that has really stood out this generation.

Sadly I sold the game before being told about the secret 3D remake of the original PoP level; is it any good?

Ooh, dont know about that. How do i access it?

Agree about the elevator fight, that sucked. but didnt encounter any of the bugs.

Agree about the elevator fight, that sucked. but didnt encounter any of the bugs.

Look on Gamefaqs...

Start a new game and stay on the balcony.

PS2: press and hold L3, then quickly tap X, Square, Triangle, Circle, Triangle, X, Square, Circle.

XBOX: press and hold the left analog stick, then tap A, X, Y, B, Y, A, X, B.

GC: press and hold B on a controller plugged into the 4th gameport. While B is pressed, enter the following sequence with the controller that’s in the 1st gameport: A, B, Y, X, Y, A, B, X.

Hmm, my five to finish are in no particular order are:

Project Gotham Racing 2

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

Gregory Horror Show

Prince of Persia

Soul Calibur 2

Plan not to buy any for a while as Ive got a boatload ofgames still sitting in their cellophane wrappers that need playing first

So bloody closr to finishing mario sunshine now. 119 SHINES, so all I need are the 9 remaining blue coins. 7 in Noki Bay, 1 in Bianco Hills and 1 in Pianto Village.

I've been playing this like some drug for the past few days, I feel dizzy and sick :(

Project Zero is shitting me up good and proper.

Fucking game.

Good god man, I don't need to read this! I've been putting off Project Zero since I bought it on it's Xbox release due to people saying similar things. Now that I commit to playing it in the very near future, you come on here to taunt me. I can't remember really looking forward to/being really scared of playing a game so much as I am with this one.

Good god man, I don't need to read this! I've been putting off Project Zero since I bought it on it's Xbox release due to people saying similar things. Now that I commit to playing it in the very near future, you come on here to taunt me. I can't remember really looking forward to/being really scared of playing a game so much as I am with this one.

Heh, the game will creep you out. It's fucking tense, and some of the ghosts move really... erratically. Yes, that's the word.

The combat's a little broken - moving away from ghosts in order to get a decent shot is a little more cumbersome that it should be, I think - but generally it's a fine, fine game so far. 2-and-a-bit hours in now.

Heh, I was thinking pretty much the same thing as the thread starter. Got a few games lying around that need to be dusted off and finished:

Kingdom Hearts (I think Im right at the end, just need to fight the last few bosses)

Wild Arms 3 (I was really into this while I was actually playing it, then that whole uni work / christmas thing happened and I shelved it. About halfway through - I'd guess)

Xenosaga (bought this the day it came out in the US, Ive no idea how far I am - the characters havent all met up yet, so Im guessing Im a ways off finishing it)

Burnout 2 (purchased more for the multiplayer, but I still havent done all the 1 player stuff there is to do)

Serious Sam 2 (Ive had this so long its just daft, Ive been playing it in drips and drabs, I just need one big session to finish it, I think)

Time to get to work, I think. Ive got until the start of Feb to get through my backlog, only 1 exam between now and then <_<

edit: Is Project Zero really that good? I thought about picking it up ages ago, but never really heard much on it at the time.

please to be replacing xiii with gregory horror show thank you!

i actually finished xiii on new years day, and then started on viewtiful joe, i was hoping for some sort of double whammy xiii & vj removal, but i haven't had a chance to play vj over the last week :(

120 fricking shines!!

HAIL ME!!!

AHAHAHAHAHA!

Cough..er...rather happy about finally managing it.

Replace Super Mario Sunshine with F-Zero GX

Right...better get working on SADX.

( NEG )