IGNORED

Gender Diversity / Politics in games (was Tropes Vs. Women)

Unofficial Who

NEG-Today at 4:03 AM

oh look, its the tropes thread that gets the first post on the forum. Wonder how butts and sexuality have offended people in the last 2 days, groan.

still taking a age to load indeed

My mistake, he had nothing to whine about.

On 14/05/2016 at 9:34 AM, ChewMagma said:

@Sprite Machine ffs please, please stop. Everyone has had this exact same "discussion", pretty much word for word, in this thread with NEG weeks, if not months ago. You are not going to win because he is trolling.

Imo his agenda is that he does not want this forum discussing the Tropes series or issues related to it and has determined to spend his free time filling this thread with so much noise, nonsense and chaff that he hopes everyone will give up in disgust. It is very sad and I'm not sure why it is tolerated, but engaging with him is a waste of time, I promise you.

I genuinely don't believe that he is being insincere. The fact that he's now taken the discussion to PM suggests he doesn't just want attention or to de-rail. I think he genuinely doesn't understand the underlying issues here and can only react to each point in the most superficial way. Combined with an inflated sense of self-importance ("I just HAD to have my say on this"), an inability to articulate himself well, and it leads to to a frustrating string of badly thought-out posts that seem to go around in circles.

I'm quite prepared to continue this with him outside of the topic. At least if I go around in circles, I can do it without dragging everyone down with me.

"Vagina bones" aside, what is the point of that? Reminds me of when you're a kid and remove a doll's pants and there's just this bizarre pink mound, making you think for years that the weird fucking thing in your pants is a horrific mutation.

And Notch has now committed to being a full-time fud I see.

Eg, taking offence to the term 'mansplaining' (which is a stupid, trite term but how can anyone be offended by it?). Click the link to get the context if you care.

9NXguMP.jpg

"I don't know what privilege is"

It's disappointing to see Notch go down this route again, especially when followed by so many young people.  I await the inevitable deleting and "I didn't ask to be a roll model" tweets.  Urg.

Notch's post Minecraft malaise depresses the hell out of me.

He did this amazing thing that grew into a worldwide phenomenon, was thrust into the public eye with very little warning and now all the pre-fame emotional baggage that everyone has to some degree is just spilling out all over the place.

"#cuntfusing" for crying out loud.

Yeah, he reminds me so much of a guy I knew at uni. He was a bit sad and lonely and I felt sorry for him, until it became apparent whatever it was had turned him into a really very nasty person (who decided I was his best mate). I imagine everyone either has known someone like that or has even been that person, very common among geeky type people. Except he's a grown billionaire who seems to be even more lonely than when he was an impoverished programmer, which is fertile ground for such bitterness.

He should make a new game, but I imagine the mental pressure of doing that after creating Minecraft must be terrible.

1 hour ago, matt0 said:

Notch's post Minecraft malaise depresses the hell out of me.

He did this amazing thing that grew into a worldwide phenomenon, was thrust into the public eye with very little warning and now all the pre-fame emotional baggage that everyone has to some degree is just spilling out all over the place.

Yeah, I feel more sorry for him than anything else.  I think he should step away from social media but I get the impression he's alienated many people he actually knows and this is his main method of human contact now.

I'm compelled to watch that just to see what utter drivel he's come up with and what pseudo-intelligent, misunderstood language he can ram into the video while drinking whiskey like a dick and what 'moody' location he's chosen for this video. After highlights such as standing in a forest with a mug of coffee and in his car in the dark, I'm hoping for sat on a public toilet, or from a coffin.

cause why let the story die

HtKqBOB.png

Mike Diver wrote a piece at Vice, mostly screenshots of the tweets, which lead to him getting swarmed on twitter by arseholes last night.  Which was even funnier as they didn't get the reaction the expected from him, didn't rise to it at all.

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/where-were-you-when-the-man-who-made-minecraft-had-a-mansplaining-meltdown-tvgtrn