IGNORED

V/H/S, ABCs of Death and other Horror Compilations

Goose

watched half of ABC of death last night. Very hit & miss - think "D" was my fave one though so far. The fart one was...bizarre.

I watched this too round a mates house last Friday night. He'd been talking about it a couple of months ago. It definitely has a lot of crap in there, but some of it is good and others are definitely disturbing. F was quite literally mental but I did laugh. The Claymation one was cool and so was the dark one with the woman who wants to be thin. The Jap looking one, you know the ONE the ONE with the chairs was deeply disturbing especially when I finally realised properly what was going on at a specific point. Definitely dark as fuck. One of the ones I was impressed with the most though was D, as it was filmed so well. There's a Judge Dredd type one that seemed to have a lot of casting and FX thrown at it compared to most of the others. The German one made me think instantly of Furry's and so I got reminded of my hatred towards that "no go" area.

Finished VHS 2 and I didn't like it at all, the only decent segment was the cult one which was pretty great, not sure of the name but the rest were just rubbish and the last one is awful. I take back what I said about the sequel being better at least the original had more than 1 segment which I enjoyed.

Finished VHS 2 and I didn't like it at all, the only decent segment was the cult one which was pretty great, not sure of the name but the rest were just rubbish and the last one is awful. I take back what I said about the sequel being better at least the original had more than 1 segment which I enjoyed.

I disagree somewhat. Segment three is up there with some of the greatest horror I've seen, the first segment was an interesting take on a horror anthology trope, the second was a superb concept executed wonderfully. I'm a major, major Martyrs fan and its in no way related to this film, but I'm comfortable in saying its possibly the best horror since that. Fuck, even with Excision being exemplary, this. Just this.

I watched this too round a mates house last Friday night. He'd been talking about it a couple of months ago. It definitely has a lot of crap in there, but some of it is good and others are definitely disturbing. F was quite literally mental but I did laugh. The Claymation one was cool and so was the dark one with the woman who wants to be thin. The Jap looking one, you know the ONE the ONE with the chairs was deeply disturbing especially when I finally realised properly what was going on at a specific point. Definitely dark as fuck. One of the ones I was impressed with the most though was D, as it was filmed so well. There's a Judge Dredd type one that seemed to have a lot of casting and FX thrown at it compared to most of the others. The German one made me think instantly of Furry's and so I got reminded of my hatred towards that "no go" area.

Yeah there were a good few i enjoyed somewhat. The "cycle" one was quite good, even though the film Triangle did it better. The chair one? Was that the jacking off one? Yeah that was pretty screwed up. I didn't actually mind the furry one, it just reminded me of a warner bros cartoon and the bulldog was actually done really well...

Cult one was amazing except when we see the actual beast. Felt like Silent Hill in places.

Zombie one was fun, but I'm tired of seeing zombies. Maybe watching the Battery beforehand made me appreciate it less.

The eye thing was a nice idea, but I prefer my ghost stories to be scary which it wasn't sadly.

The Alien invasion wasn't great as the aliens were clearly ravers.

just watched VHS 2 and I thought it was shit

I quite liked the first one, as it was different and unusual, compared to the last few years of horror, but this one.........nothing new, nothing even slightly innovative. Absolute crap IMO. Yet another film I'm glad I watched on pirate download

weird film. I thought most the storys were ok, except the alien one.. The cult one should have been it's own film though.

I was dissapointed that they didn't all join up though - the bits in between the storys were naff and didnt really explain anything.

edit: oh a friend i watched it with said the

monster from the cult story

was in the first film? Not that i think it makes any difference at all.

weird film. I thought most the storys were ok, except the alien one.. The cult one should have been it's own film though.

I was dissapointed that they didn't all join up though - the bits in between the storys were naff and didnt really explain anything.

edit: oh a friend i watched it with said the

monster from the cult story

was in the first film? Not that i think it makes any difference at all.

I don't think so. He may have been mistaking it for the

Vampire/Succubus from the first tape but otherwise there is nothing else I can think of that he could think would be the one you mention

The second tape was well done and the cult one was great but, and I know this sounds silly, they didn't seem as real as the ones in the first film; the first and last stories in V/H/S to me at least, seemed like they could actually be semi-plausible.

I'm glad people had the same problems with the alien one and played more like a zombie short. And thats the problem with the VHS 2 it maybe better paced but there wasn't much variety, we had ghost,zombie,cult,alien - more like zombie, then zombie again at the end.

I still love the concept of VHS though and welcome more, they're still fun to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Watched VHS on Netflix last night. Possibly the worst movie I've ever seen.

It's just titillation all the way through with the most obnoxious characters.

Not once was it scary. Just an exercise to get girls tops off and try and shock.

Utterly awful.

The cult one was the best apart from every shot of the demon. The finally shot was terrible.

The ghost one made me jump loads. Loved the girls way of distracting the ghost :eyebrows:

The zombie one was a great concept, didn't like the ending. Overall felt very low budget compare to the rest.

The alien one was utter shit.

• 6 months later...

VHS 3 directors announced - From AICN

Anyway, the directors are: Todd Lincoln (THE APPARITION), Nacho Vigalondo (TIMECRIMES, OPEN WINDOWS), Marcel Sarmiento (DEADGIRL), Gregg Bishop (THE OTHER SIDE, DANCE OF THE DEAD), Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead (RESOLUTION). Presuming Benson and Moorhead will once again co-direct, this matches V/H/S/2's chapter count of 5, down from the first film's 6.

Forgot to mention, there's another compilation coming soon as well. This one is a little different though, and is along the lines of 26 horror movies you probably haven't seen.

Edit: Found it -

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...