rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
MalevolentPanda

Pro Cycling - Tour de France 2019

Luke Rowe almost in tears in the post-expulsion interview.

His interview before was quite entertaining:

How did Rowe get disqualified? Maybe there is more to it than the showed on Eurosport’s but I didn’t see him do anything wrong.

1 minute ago, Shimmyhill said:

How did Rowe get disqualified? Maybe there is more to it than the showed on Eurosport’s but I didn’t see him do anything wrong.

ITV didn't have footage of what he did either, but there was obviously something that led to Tony Martin retaliating.

It's a complete stitch up but they both left themselves open to it. The organisers will do everything they can to help get a French winner, they've done it for years, but you can't provide an open goal for them. 

Guardian say

Late in the stage, at the foot of the Col de la Sentinelle, Martin appeared to block Rowe’s path, almost forcing him into a ditch. An angry Rowe then rode alongside the German, pushed him in the face and in turn attempted to force him off the road.

They were both very silly boys and I don't know what they were thinking. Although I can imagine you aren't at your best when probably as physically exhausted and no doubt incredibly hot as they were.

I'm not sure I'm seeing a conspiracy here to help get a french winner, afterall the commisaires had nothing to do with them acting like that in the first place. However I'd be inclined to think that if it had been Thomas and Kruijswijk rather than Rowe and Martin then it would have been just fines.

Today is an interesting one, it has the potential to be a great stage, however I inclined to think that the heat and the thought of two more huge days to come in the Alps will mean that none of the main contenders are going to risk attacking today. I think we'll just see tempo climbing the whole day. Which isn't to say that some riders won't fall by the wayside, more I don't think we are going to see anyone going hammer and tongs at Alaphilippe today.

Looks like a pretty brutal first hour so far. Potential to be a good day of racing.

Swear I just saw some liquid thrown over Alaphillipe which he didn’t look too happy about. Do the crowd throw water to cool them?

On 24/07/2019 at 20:56, Vorgot said:

It's a complete stitch up but they both left themselves open to it. The organisers will do everything they can to help get a French winner, they've done it for years, but you can't provide an open goal for them. 

16 hours ago, Sidewaysbob said:

You have to say its a big blow to the two riders right behind the current French leader of the French race :sherlock:

It's not the organisers that threw them out, it's the UCI. And it's really quite a stretch to suggest the UCI have been biased against Sky/Ineos for years.

1 hour ago, Plissken said:

Completely justified but horrendous luck for almost everybody.

Almost.

Thomas is probably the only one who got bad luck, Alaphillipe was going to get destroyed on the final climb so is probably close to the lead due to the time freeze - Thomas has lost a shed load of time to him and possibly the chance of a win now.

Team financed by fossil fuel company which is trying to water down climate change laws take lead of Tour de France due to unseasonal conditions. A real shame for Alaphillipe but without a descent at the end his days in yellow were probably numbered anyway.

• Upvote 1

Well ASO looked to build a route that would allow a pure climber to win the tour and it looks like that will happen. So while I think they would have preferred that climber to be Bardet or Pinot they will get their wish.

Ahhh I was really rooting for Alaphilippe but seeing Bernal’s interviews I really like him too.

• Upvote 1