Official Star Wars Thread - May the force be with you

I imagine this is how studios will be bringing back dead actors in the future. I know it's been around for a while and there are a ton of deep fakes out there but this struck me as so much better than the probably vastly more expensive method Hollywood has been using for the past decade or so. Absolutely adore R1 but the CGI Tarkin and Leia are deffo a little jarring. This AI method has much more life behind the eyes. Was this technique available in 2016?

The Jeff Bridges one from Tron 2.0 is a massive improvement too, that and the Terminator Salvation effort of CGI face swapping seem to be two of the earlier examples I can think of.

31 minutes ago, ckny said:

Just how is Hayden Christensen going to be Vader? He needs the mask to live and we’ve heard him voiced by James Earl Jones in Ep3. Is he the new David Prowse? :wacko:

I imagine Lucas will be wanting to go back and replace James Earl Jones voice with Hayden Christensen’s in the original trilogy.

Obviously I'm delighted by all these announcements, but I'm just hoping they can keep the quality up with this amount of stuff all going on at the same time. I mean the reason people love The Mandalorian is because it's genuinely excellent. Half a dozen not-quite-as-good shows saturating the market seems like a good way to take the shine off, in the same way the indifferent reaction to Solo kind of derailed their movie plans for a bit.

Is The Bad Batch the only animated show there? I'm quite surprised if so, I would have thought that animation would be easier to produce in a pandemic than live action (even given all the new production techniques they invented for Mando) and of course Filoni's got pedigree in that area. I'm also not sure anyone's really crying out for a Cassian Andor show, but I'll remain optimistic for now.

1 hour ago, ckny said:

Just how is Hayden Christensen going to be Vader? He needs the mask to live and we’ve heard him voiced by James Earl Jones in Ep3. Is he the new David Prowse? :wacko:

I predict Obi will be having many flashbacks / dreams about the Clone Wars, so Hayden can do his thing pre-mask.

5 minutes ago, dino_jr said:

I predict Obi will be having many flashbacks / dreams about the Clone Wars, so Hayden can do his thing pre-mask.

Plenty of mask off in his meditation chamber as well. 

Has any star wars media ever shown how Obi-Wan found out Anakin was still alive or became Vader? Could be quite a powerful scene when he sees what his friend has become. 

20 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Plenty of mask off in his meditation chamber as well. 

Has any star wars media ever shown how Obi-Wan found out Anakin was still alive or became Vader? Could be quite a powerful scene when he sees what his friend has become. 

That may well be the story (Obi-wan learns of this masked force-wielding brute at the emperor's side and investigates, uncovering his worst nightmare come true) 

The blurb does say Hayden as Vader, not Anakin.

This all looks great but at some point diminishing returns is going to kick in, surely.

Yeah I assume if they are getting Hayden back it will be to show Vader's development post-ROTS. I was wondering what the drama could be with Obi-Wan given we already know that his life between ROTS and ANH is basically 'hermit on Tatooine', but encountering Anakin could be pretty powerful if done well. Is Hayden Christiansen a decent actor when not being directed by Lucas? I remember he got some plaudits for that 'Shattered Glass' film he made.

I wonder when Rogue Squadron will be set? The logo and the Patty Jenkins thing both show an OT-era X-Wing but the blurb sounds like it'll be post Rise of Skywalker:

The story will introduce a new generation of starfighter pilots as they earn their wings and risk their lives in a boundary-pushing, high-speed thrill-ride, and move the saga into the future era of the galaxy.

17 minutes ago, Garibaldi said:

Well, he certainly couldn’t be any worse than he was in the prequels. 

He's fine in Jumper isn't he? 

Also, the Lando series could be great with either Lando.  Unless it's an Old Boy type plot given where Rise of Skywalker ended. Don't need to see that.