Football Thread 2012/13

Danster

Owen has said he thinks he's still good enough to play in the Premier League, and won't drop down to the Championship.

Anyway, the fun of deadline day! Who else relies on the BBC live feed to get their news? All the fun of 'sightings' of players in airports/train stations/Wigan Poundland...

Is Owen going to ride one of his horses around the country, Sky Sports camera's following him the whole way, handing his portfolio to the security guards outside every Premier League club?

"And now on Sky Sports "Michael Owens: I think I can, I think I can" "

Didn't he buy a steam train once upon a time?

That might just be somewhere to keep cushions. We just don't know. I think this could be the Michael Owen transfer deadline day drama we've all been waiting for.

In more Man City squad improvement news, they've now sold Nigel de Jong.

In more Man City squad improvement news, they've now sold Nigel de Jong.

Good luck Nigel. I'll always remember you as the guy that broke Ben Arfa's leg and karate kicked Alonso in the chest during the final of the World Cup. And...no just that.

Owen tweeted earlier that he had some interest from a couple of big European teams, but he wanted to stay in the Premier league. And I've just seen from a Phil McNulty tweet that Stoke still remains a possibility. Shoot for the stars, Michael!

Owen tweeted earlier that he had some interest from a couple of big European teams, but he wanted to stay in the Premier league. And I've just seen from a Phil McNulty tweet that Stoke still remains a possibility. Shoot for the stars, Michael!

You should be well aware that there is life outside the top four in the Premiership!

Dempsey to Villa??? Is he mad? Why on earth would you go there at the moment?

Van De Vaart leaving is a strange one too. Spurs seemingly are fed up challenging for a top four place and want to focus on a top eight finish.

Scott Sinclair's made a statement about his move from Swansea to Manchester City.

"Playing alongside some of the best players in the world is exciting for me and when you see two Champions League fixtures against Real Madrid on the horizon, it brings it all home."

I don't think anyone's told the lad the best chance for first team action he'll have in is League Cup games.

What must Juve fans be thinking? Weren't they after the likes of Llorente? :wacko:

Bendtner is supposedly just a stop-gap until they can go for Llorente again, either in January or next summer. Seems he was on his way to Siena until Juve stepped-in.

Very happy that Charlie Adam has gone, whilst I never really rated him (even before we bought him) he played for the last 6 months of last season in a completely unsuited role (acting as the defensive midfielder in the absence of Lucas) and it destroyed his season. Not that he was that great prior to that, mind.