Football Thread 2012/13

Danster

It is the worst thing to happen to the club since Ledley injured his knee.

He's been a great player and all his flaws are mere perceptions. Saw Opta report he scored or assisted 39 goals since he signed, more than any other Spurs player.

Basically he didn't have the body of an Adonis and wasn't very fast. His injury problems were (I believe and so does that dutch physio) as a consequence of this, as the coaching staff kept trying to 'get him in shape'.

He was a good finisher, had an eye for a pass, could take a free kick and loved playing (and scoring against Arsenal). I get the impression though that his attitude towards the game suited 'Arry more than AVB.

I thought Zabaleta was alright for them. He won't get a look in now.

Maybe now they are playing a 3-5-2 formation, Mancini wants someone who is better going forward.

He obviously doesn't think Zabaleta is up to it if he's going to play Milner there, who isn't the fastest. I don't know where Richards fits in all this either, auxiliary centre back maybe?

from the Guardian:

Some worrying news for Tottenham fans: the club may have agreed a £22m deal with Porto for Joao Moutinho, but the player himself is having none of it. Talks have, by all accounts, broken down. Rumours that Harry Redknapp has lodged a counter offer as part of a £25m package also including 12 Chicken McNuggets, fries and a fruit bag are, as yet, unconfirmed.