Football Thread 2012/13

Danster

I want to be able to taste his tears.

He's exactly the kind of football fan I hate though, his team have won, but hes spent 10 times the amount of time talking about rivals, and he seems more affected by that than what all things considered a good win for them. But then he's a cock so what do you expect.

Because it's harder to do than you'd think, and you look like an absolute twat if it goes wrong. If you try and save something with your foot and the ball bobbles over it, it's too late to do anything about it. Or if it's that powerful it could hit your foot and go anywhere. If you've got your whole body behind it then you stop it and are in control of it. Obviously it doesn't work all the time but it's a percentages thing, if they try and save everything with their feet if there's the chance to do so, they'll let in far more.

It's also down to reactions. For a goalkeeper anticipating a shot, footwork and positioning are everything, and the goalkeeper's stance is going to be one which gives him the best chance of covering the angles. In the very short period of time a goalkeeper has between the shot and having to make the save, there's not much leeway for shifting feet to make a save.

There's also good old honest luck - people are a lot less accurate with their legs feet than they are with their arms and hands.

I note when playing five a side that a lot of non-goalkeepers will save with their feet pretty often, but are more vulnerable to low shots either side as a result.

I want to be able to taste his tears.

He's exactly the kind of football fan I hate though, his team have won, but hes spent 10 times the amount of time talking about rivals, and he seems more affected by that than what all things considered a good win for them. But then he's a cock so what do you expect.

To be fair you must hate a lot of football fans if you are holding it against someone who begrudes their ex-captain success when he moves to one of their most bitter rivals of the Premiership years.

That said, second only to a shirt sponsorship deal with a Paedophile Webring, you'd be hard pushed to find something that can taint the joy of supporting a football team as much as knowing that Piers Morgan supports the same one.

That said, second only to a shirt sponsorship deal with a Paedophile Webring, you'd be hard pushed to find something that can taint the joy of supporting a football team as much as knowing that Piers Morgan supports the same one.

It speaks volumes that when Bin Laden was alive he still wasn't Arsenal's most disliked celebrity fan!

Juve match finished 1-4, Giovinco brace in the second half and Lazzari getting the consolation for Udinese after a terrible defensive mix up. Vucinic and Giovinco showing signs of a good understanding forming, could be an excellent pairing up top. Giovinco has that extra bit of creativity that was lacking without Del Piero on the pitch last season (which was most of the time), takes some of the pressure away from Pirlo to make everything happen.

Oh Danny Boy, welcome to the world of football in 2012.

With comments like that, I'd expect you're a fan of a non-league side, perhaps a team struggling along in the lower leagues, maybe a hard-up Championship side that's not been in the limelight for a while? No, you're a fan of chuffing Liverpool, who can spend more on one wildly mediocre player who's main skill is being slightly above average height, than the majority of clubs are worth. Then loan him out for a 35th of what you paid for him.

The fucking nerve of this guy.

Hmm. I wouldn't say we were that reliant on Giggs or Rio last season, and I think Scholes will be increasingly used as a sub to get us out of a fix, like today. This is probably dependent on Cleverley and Carrick staying fit though. TBH I think we're quite a bit stronger than last season with the signings we've made. It's also unlikely we'll have the same absurd injury problems, even though we haven't made the best start in that regard.