IGNORED

Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

What caused it? Did it crash when updating?

What happened to make it mess up?

Switched it on. Got the "It's time to update" message (I keep it in powersaving mode as we switch off the socket in the evening).

Sat and let it do its thing (250mb update), update finishes.

Console restarts.

Loops round and download the update again.

Console restarts.

Loops and downloads the update again.

Console restarts.

Error 203.

Meh barely known 3rd party company hired to make update to barely known IP, MS don't like how it progresses, cancel contract, move internal. Phantom Dust was always only ever going to sell to a handful of people anyway just like the original.

I expect there's about 5 people on the forum that even played PD when it came out in the UK.

I bet there are even fewer, it never came out over here.

I thought it got a Majesco release over here - I see I was wrong. I played it briefly on a dodgy version back in the day - I was completely bemused as to what I was doing and it seemed hugely Japanese - I was certainly surprised when MS said they were making a new one.

Is there any way of telling when my console was made?

IIRC the 360 had all sorts of minor updates, each one given a codename. And obviously the newer you had the better.

I've just took delivery of my One, and I just want to make sure I've not got a launch model that's been sat at the back of a shelf in a warehouse for two years or something.

Is there any way of telling when my console was made?

IIRC the 360 had all sorts of minor updates, each one given a codename. And obviously the newer you had the better.

I've just took delivery of my One, and I just want to make sure I've not got a launch model that's been sat at the back of a shelf in a warehouse for two years or something.

Why?

There has never been a dodgy batch in circulation.

Nothing on the RROD level, but there was disc grinding issues with the launch model and coil whine issues with the first post kinect models.

Thanks. It turns out the actual date is on the bottom. It's dated 2014-05-09. I don't know if that's September or May. But either way it's a way off the early models.

Why?

There has never been a dodgy batch in circulation.

See above.

Thanks. It turns out the actual date is on the bottom. It's dated 2014-05-09. I don't know if that's September or May. But either way it's a way off the early models.

It's almost certainly May unless they're using a really non-standard date format.

It's almost certainly May unless they're using a really non-standard date format.

I'm not sure if the date has the month/day the American way, that's all.

I thought it got a Majesco release over here - I see I was wrong. I played it briefly on a dodgy version back in the day - I was completely bemused as to what I was doing and it seemed hugely Japanese - I was certainly surprised when MS said they were making a new one.

Yeah, the announcement was definitely weird since it's got such a limited audience. I get the same feeling whenever Sony tout a new Twisted Metal.

How did you crack this? I can't find gift cards anywhere but the MS shop.

From the ms shop just using my debit card, no vpn or anything like that needed just a Russian address. I do get a £1.20 non sterling charge from santander, but it's still cheaper than the US and UK stores. And the codes appear on the check out screen once completed. Also got the escapist for around £6 got just over 500 rubles left atm

I've trawled the thread a not looking for the section about external drives but can't find it.

Anyone got any recommendations as I'm at 90% now so going to need one

Play the 500gb meta-game.

Put games 'to complete' as pins on your home screen — once wrapped up/done, remove and delete!

Working for me at least, both making me play games properly and reminding me about the pile of shame.

Play the 500gb meta-game.

Put games 'to complete' as pins on your home screen once wrapped up/done, remove and delete!

Working for me at least, both making me play games properly and reminding me about the pile of shame.

I like the idea but my son and I are sharing games between our two consoles which means 500gb isn't going to be enough

I like survival horror for example but he is 12 so likes.....well....survival horror I suspect but I've not given him the nod for those yet so he is playing the types of games 12 year olds like

It's got to be the external HDD unfortunately - just need to know what people are using or wish they'd bought

Was just looking at that. The cheaper 3.5" ones need another power source. But the 2.5" ones King A linked to are stated as powered by the USB

Got to be the latter for me and got to be 2tb min. Just not sure which brand represents the best price/quality at moment

Just bagged the Trials season pass for $6.60 - Meatball I'm coming for you !

Bring it on :P

Think I only have Yoshimax and one other person off here on my friends leaderboards for the DLC tracks :( Shame on the rest of you!

Anybody else I don't have as a friend please add me for some competition.