IGNORED

Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

Release list for April: Pool Nation FX                           | 1st April  | Free with Gold/£8.99Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved      | 1st April  | £13.99Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin  | 2nd April  |Stealth Inc 2                            | 3rd April  | £12.99Ride                                     | 10th April |Tower of Guns                            | 10th April |Mortal Kombat X                          | 14th April |We are Doomed                            | 17th April | £7.99Infinity Runner                          | 22nd April | £4.99BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend        | 23rd April | JapanConkers Big Reunion                      | 23rd April | Project Spark add-onState of Decay Year One Survival edition | 23rd April |Project Root                             | 29th April |Beach Buggy Racing                       | ???? April |Goat Simulator                           | ???? April |Shovel Knight                            | ???? April |

State of decay!

Still on the fence RE: Dark Souls 2.

I've just set up game share with a mate, i.e. changed our home Xboxes to each others. Do we only share games that have been downloaded from the Store or can we play a game in co-op when only one of us has the disc?

Yeah I'm one of those that can't go and pick up disc games in the sales and then throw the disc in the trash thanks to people like you. I'm assuming you're one of those.

:D

Reckon we can leave it there, Lord knows everyone doesn't want to listen to this debate again.

So Destiny is £15 in my local Tesco. Is it worth getting now or would it be pointless without the dlc and a team ?

I've got it without the DLC and it's great. It's hugely better playing with others though.

FWIW it's £15 delivered on Amazon.

Destiny solo is a 6/10 shooter that's a little short but it vaguely interesting, it's worth £15. It's basically personality free Borderlands which you might even consider a good thing but the campaign isn't remotely as long as any of the Borderlands games.

Once you complete it, you hit level 20, you get the interesting stuff and get to do the daily, weekly, nightfall strikes etc and then if you have the right group it suddenly becomes a stormer.

Yeah, I was playing 360 games yesterday (inc the original Dark Souls), there's no way I'm ever going to catch up with that backlog. As for X1 I've got a pretty healthy "rule" about only having one disc game at a time and I've given myself a licence to not bother counting AssCreed/EA Access games/GWG games/ things it turned out I wasn't bothered about.

So all I've got to finish is Resident Evil Revelations 2 and GTA V to be "allowed" something new.

I'm also going to try and finish BioShock Infinite, Halo4 (again), Destiny's 1stRaid (anyone up for that?) Dark Souls, some PVZ Achievements.

There are many games that I haven't uninstalled because I foolishly think I might load them for the first time any day now.

It's a fairly lenient system.

• Party chat improvements Over the past few months, we’ve added additional icons and notifications within the party chat experience to help you understand your connection and microphone status. This month, party chat is being improved with troubleshooting guidance for Xbox One owners. The party app will help you get your microphone enabled and show you when privacy settings or networking issues are blocking communication with particular party members.
  • Game hub links – In February, we introduced game hubs where you can be the first to get news on upcoming updates, featured game clips, behind the scenes content and more. With this update, you can more easily discover game hub content from activity feed items. You’ll see activity feed items when any of your friends follow a game, and you’ll also be able to get back to a game’s hub from activity feed posts related to the game – including feed items about the game’s achievements, game clips and screenshots. Finally, we’ve added a link to game hubs from the game’s page in the achievements app.
  • Achievement notifications – Achievement notifications today display the achievement name and the gamerscore you just earned. With tonight’s update, you’ll also see the achievement’s description in the notification so you know what you did to earn this achievement without having to open the achievements app. Based on feedback from preview program members, we increased the time that an achievement notification is displayed and we also made some performance improvements to make loading the achievements app from a notification faster.
  • What’s On – The What’s On area is now available for Xbox One users in the U.S., Canada, and the UK. In it, you’ll find links to popular videos, games, movies, TV shows, game broadcasts and clips, along with Trending TV shows if you have configured OneGuide for your Xbox One console.

April update out today.

http://news.xbox.com/2015/04/xbox-one-april-system-update-out-now

Me and gamepaused played the first heist on GTA last night (the two player one), and now we'd like to get a regular crew together to tackle the others. Anyone up for it?

Me and gamepaused played the first heist on GTA last night (the two player one), and now we'd like to get a regular crew together to tackle the others. Anyone up for it?

I've completed the first two - we did the second entirely two of us with randoms and it worked ok as long as you're in charge and can designate the roles at the end.

When are you planning? I don't get on many evenings but I'm game if I'm free.

Subsequent heists are miles better than that first 2 player one.

Yeah, it definitely felt like a tutorial on how later heists would play out and it was over far too quickly.

I'm probably looking at the weekend now, as I'm away until Friday night. How's that for you?

It was baby steps, but a mix of party chat / edgy music / rush of police made it a real heart racing experience. If it gets better from tutorial stage onwards can't wait.

Think this + Destiny raid are the beginnings of a greater depth in team interaction for mp going forward.

This gen is really shaping up!

That could work for me depending on the time - we've got friends coming for a day out in the city on Saturday so Sunday preferable! You could ask my fellow "xbox cunt who puts people off owning the machine by not being down on it or disparaging about the games he's enjoying" Wahwah he's up for it as well I think. And Nige - not sure how he rates on the cunt-o-meter though.