Xbox One Console Thread

True. Better error messages would be good. If you go into network settings it tells you what services are screwed. But you should ideally get that message when the app isn't working.

I'm afraid they HAVE to accept it as there isn't really much you can do when being DDSO'd.

It happens to Sony, it happens to Microsoft. You're going to have your service attacked wherever you go. For DDOS attacks it would be best to stick with the service that comes back up quickest or the one that doesn't completely go down.

Or stuck with Nintendo since they don't seem to be worth attacking.

You surely know you're being overly defensive? Sure, there's nothing MS can do to prevent the fact that people want to DDOS them. And, beyond a certain level of investment, it does become impossible to prevent an overwhelming DDOS attack. But not everything needs to be designed to require Live authentication every time someone tries to use it. Why does a Blu-Ray? Why does a non-MS video streaming app? Etc. These are design decisions people made, not inherent technology issues.

I'll try asking the question I asked before which some how I made a mess off.

I'm plugging headphones that definitely work into the xbox pad but am getting a lot of static noise from them. Do I have a faulty pad or is it a know problem I can fix.

I'll try asking the question I asked before which some how I made a mess off.

I'm plugging headphones that definitely work into the xbox pad but am getting a lot of static noise from them. Do I have a faulty pad or is it a know problem I can fix.

Have you updated the pad via the console? There have been a couple of updates for the pads, during 2015.

Sign in to Xbox Live on your Xbox One console and install the latest system update if prompted to do so.

If you have a Stereo Headset Adaptor, plug it in to the bottom of your controller so it can also get updates.

If you're using a Stereo Headset Adaptor, plug in a headset (a headset must be plugged in so the adaptor will turn on).

Press the Menu button.

Select Settings.

Select Devices & accessories.

Select the controller that you want to update.

Select Update, and then select Continue.

When the update has been completed, you can update additional controllers. If they can only be updated via USB, see Update via USB. Otherwise, select the Update another button on the screen after the first update is complete, and then follow the steps.

How the fuck have I managed to clock up 5183 hours? Does the fact that it's pretty much on constantly for TV, Plex, iPlayer, YouTube as well as the games I play all count towards that total?

Well, it's not just me using it. My mrs and two boys are always doing something with it. I hardly get a look in myself.

As for the electricity, I can't say that's ever crossed my mind. You'd drive yourself insane worrying about that with two young boys in the house.

Well, it's not just me using it. My mrs and two boys are always doing something with it. I hardly get a look in myself.

As for the electricity, I can't say that's ever crossed my mind. You'd drive yourself insane worrying about that with two young boys in the house.

I wasn't criticising anyone for using their xbox a lot, I was just saying that there are people on my friends list who are CONSTANTLY, like 24/7/365, online, with some media app loaded, even when they are working or asleep. They just don't switch the console off, ever.

You surely know you're being overly defensive? Sure, there's nothing MS can do to prevent the fact that people want to DDOS them. And, beyond a certain level of investment, it does become impossible to prevent an overwhelming DDOS attack. But not everything needs to be designed to require Live authentication every time someone tries to use it. Why does a Blu-Ray? Why does a non-MS video streaming app? Etc. These are design decisions people made, not inherent technology issues.

You must have missed a post earlier where I said needing a connection to the internet for the bluray app wasn't right.

Because the app probably uses one of the services that was getting hammered. It's hardly rocket science.

As for WHY a Blu-Ray app needs to use the authentication services and YouTube doesn't, fuck knows. Maybe so it can link what your watching to your profile so if anyone wants to know what your doing they can see you're watching a Blu-Ray. Doesn't make it right of course.

Ah look. The last line here.

I am absolutely against any app that wants to authenticate that doesn't really need to. Hope that clears up you thinking I was being overly defensive.

Have you updated the pad via the console? There have been a couple of updates for the pads, during 2015.

Sign in to Xbox Live on your Xbox One console and install the latest system update if prompted to do so.

If you have a Stereo Headset Adaptor, plug it in to the bottom of your controller so it can also get updates.

If you're using a Stereo Headset Adaptor, plug in a headset (a headset must be plugged in so the adaptor will turn on).

Press the Menu button.

Select Settings.

Select Devices & accessories.

Select the controller that you want to update.

Select Update, and then select Continue.

When the update has been completed, you can update additional controllers. If they can only be updated via USB, see Update via USB. Otherwise, select the Update another button on the screen after the first update is complete, and then follow the steps.

Thanks tried all that looks like this is the problem after searching for a while.

Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association (CTIA), and

Open Mobile Terminal Platform (OMTP).

If you use an OMTP headset, youll probably experience audio or chat issues. However, if your headset or earbuds use the OMTP standard, you can purchase an adaptor to convert the device to CTIA. These adaptors are available at many electronic retail shops.

How the fuck have I managed to clock up 5183 hours? Does the fact that it's pretty much on constantly for TV, Plex, iPlayer, YouTube as well as the games I play all count towards that total?

I guess it's time the Xbox is on; whether you're actually playing something or not doesn't matter.

I only got my XBox One three weeks ago and can only play it at weekends so those numbers for XBox Live are utter bobbins unless it's counting time in front of my Windows 10 PC as well.

I was OG closed beta for the 1900 thing too.

post-4524-0-86677600-1450599198_thumb.pn

Just added a bunch of you as friends, sorry if I was meant to do it as followers. I've not figured out what that is yet.