Xbox One Console Thread

2 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Picked up an Elite controller this morning from CEX. After trading my old pad £23, The Crew £5, Sunset Overdive £4 and Deadpool BR £12, I paid £56 in cash. Now to wash the skin and cock snot off it as it looks like the previous owner used the case for wanking target practise.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, TehStu said:

Silly question, but is there a way to "buy" the GWG games without having my InstantOn machine immediately downloading them? Something similar to PS+, where I can add them to my library but have to manually kick off the download?

I 'buy' them on Xbox.com and they sit in my ready to download list but don't download until I manually tell them to.

1 hour ago, Yoshimax said:

Does this normally happen in the UK too?  I assume with the shit exchange rates (thanks Boris!) it's probably not much cheaper to buy elsewhere if the same discounts apply..

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

I 'buy' them on Xbox.com and they sit in my ready to download list but don't download until I manually tell them to.

Yeah, if I do that they start downloading immediately. I assumed that was the point of having it on InstantOn mode.

10 minutes ago, Bastion said:

So does none else have intermittent connectivity issued with gen 1 pads?

I've given up on wireless and use a USB connection with my main controller, it got so bad.

Pretty pathetic of Microsoft to bring out these new custom design controllers with 'better connectivity' and Bluetooth, but not accept that they screwed up in the first place.

Have you updated your pad? Goto Settings>Kinect & Devices if you haven't.

Is there somewhere that I can see all the games attached to my account? I don't just mean games that I've bought, but ones through GWG and ones I've bought with the 360? I presume it's probably through the website rather than on the One.

I know that I can look at all the One games and those that are backward compatible, but was looking for a complete list.

There's a new update rolling out for preview members.

HOW TO GET IT

• If your console is in Instant-On mode, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.

• NOTE: Once the update is available, you can manually begin the update by launching the Guide and navigating to All Settings > System > Console info & updates.

• If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PDT 7/3/2016, you will be prompted to do so at that time.

DETAILS

OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160629-2012
Available: 6:00PM PDT 7/1 (1:00AM GMT 2/7)

Thanks for helping us test the latest Xbox One update! We’re eager to show off the new features and experiences we’ve been working on. We’ve noted below a few important things to be aware of before you jump in.

• Certain content (games, apps, DLC) purchased in the new Store may only be available on consoles enrolled in the latest Preview update. This means…

• Games purchased on a console running the latest Preview update can only be played on that console or other consoles running the latest Preview update. 

• Games purchased via Xbox.com can be played on any console.  

• Games purchased on a console running the previous update can be played on any console.

• Certain parental control features aren’t functioning appropriately in the current build. As a result, we encourage users to exercise caution when letting children access a console that is using the latest Xbox One update until these issues are resolved.

• We’ve added several settings that are already found on Windows today. These include SmartScreen Filter, which sends URLs you visit in apps to Microsoft to check against a list of potentially harmful sites, and advertising ID, which helps Microsoft present you with more personalized ads in Universal Windows Apps. You can choose to turn these off and manage your preferences for how Xbox One uses your information in Settings.

NEW FEATURE

• Movies & TV
Purchasing and renting movies and TV shows is now enabled in the new Xbox Store, and playback of movies and TV shows is enabled in the new Movies & TV app. You can purchase or rent movies and TV shows in the Xbox Store (or the Windows Store or on MicrosoftStore.com), and use the new Movies & TV app to play back content. 

When first launching the new Movies & TV app, you will be taken to the home screen which only displays a few items from your collection. To view your entire collection of movies and TV shows, move the left stick on your controller to the left to expose the side bar menu, and select "Movies" or "TV" to see your full collection. On the home screen of the new Movies & TV app, if you select a new movie or TV show to purchase or rent, you will be taken to the product details page in the Xbox Store to complete the purchase.

Movies & TV Known Issues: 

• You may have to manually download the new Movies & TV app from the Xbox Store, and manually uninstall the old Movies & TV app. 

• When searching in the Xbox Store for the new Movies & TV app, the app may be listed in the Xbox Store as "Films & TV". 

• If you try to purchase or rent movies or TV shows from the old Movies & TV app, you will be prompted with an error.

FIXES

• Headset Controls
Resolved an issue preventing the headset controls from appearing in the Guide.

• Xbox Avatars
The Xbox Avatars app should no longer get stuck in the Queue when attempting to download an update.

• Movies & TV
When launching Movies & TV and attempting to play a video, the menu should no longer obstruct part of the screen.

• Microsoft Edge
While playing a video, pressing the left thumbstick to enter full screen mode should no longer cause Microsoft Edge to crash.

• NowTV
The NowTV app no longer fails to launch.

• OneDrive
OneDrive should no longer fail to launch.

• Narrator
Narrator should no longer lose focus when navigating the dashboard or Store.

• EA Access Games
Resolved an issue which prevented certain EA Access games from launching.

• Xbox Universal Store  

The Coming Soon section is now available in the Store.

CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES

TOP ISSUES

• Xbox Universal Store  
Users may still be able to purchase Xbox 360 backward compatible games from the Store without entering their password when their profile is set to “Lock It Down”.

GENERAL ISSUES

• Xbox Universal Store  
• Token redemption for Xbox Live Gold fails.  
• Store pages for purchased games and apps sometimes still show a “Buy” button rather than an “Install” button. If you encounter this issue, please submit feedback via Report a problem. 
• Users may still be able to purchase movies and TV shows from the Store without entering their password when their profile is set to “Lock It Down”. 
• The “Buy” button for games promoted through Deals with Gold may fail to launch the purchase page, and instead launch the Gold Lounge.

• Snap
Sometimes after powering on from connected standby and launching a full screen game or app, a black bar remains where content was previously snapped. 
Workaround: Quit and relaunch the game or app, or, snap new content and unsnap it.

• Payments and Billing
• At this time it's not possible to add, edit, or remove payment options on the console. Please use Xbox.com or another console not enrolled in Redstone to manage payment options. 
• At this time it’s not possible to remove or change payment information associated with pre-ordered games.

• Users are allowed one free Gamertag change per account. After using your one free Gamertag change, you will be charged for future Gamertag changes. In the current update, while your free Gamertag change will complete successfully, attempting to purchase a Gamertag change will charge your account, but will not change your Gamertag. Please avoid purchasing a Gamertag change on Xbox One at this time. To successfully change your Gamertag, visit https://account.xbox.com/ChangeGamertag.
• When selecting “Add new” to add a new profile, the add profile interface may take up to 30 seconds to appear.

• Cortana
• Cortana may take a longer than expected amount of time to use the play command. 
• Searching the Xbox Universal Store via Cortana sometimes causes her to search the same keyword multiple times. 
• Cortana may sometimes restart and indicate she is "Warming up..." even after recent use. 

• Pins
If you have pins on your Home to movies, TV shows, or music, they will disappear from Home when that app takes its new app update. The pins for the apps will stay on your Home, easy to get to.

• My Games & Apps
You may encounter an error when attempting to load Ready to Install with a large number of digital games and apps.

• Community Calendar
Links to the Store in Community Calendar event details do not currently function.

22 minutes ago, Bastion said:

I've given up on wireless and use a USB connection with my main controller, it got so bad.

Pretty pathetic of Microsoft to bring out these new custom design controllers with 'better connectivity' and Bluetooth, but not accept that they screwed up in the first place.

Mine does it from time to time; it'll be fine for a few hours or days and then disconnect a couple of times, then go back to being alright before repeating.

Annoying when you're playing online multiplayer.

1 hour ago, Bastion said:

Pretty pathetic of Microsoft to bring out these new custom design controllers with 'better connectivity' and Bluetooth, but not accept that they screwed up in the first place?

I had the problem constantly on earlier dash versions. But then they did an update maybe 12 months ago and it stopped completely. But 3 or 4 months ago it started again. Now I'm in the preview program it happens a lot. 

6 minutes ago, Bastion said:

It's been consistent for me, hence using the USB cable. I'm on the preview program too.

Much like the PS4 the solution is to buy a new pad, as much as it pissed me off and Sony were shit I haven't had any issues on the newer Sony pad or on the newer Xbone pad. 

I've had zero connectivity issues with pads. I have about three I think, only one of which isn't a first gen version.

im not on the preview programme because why spend your time dealing with stupid bugs?

I've had an Xbox one for just over a week and the pad has cut out two or three times. Didn't have any impact on what I was doing at the time, but I can't imagine how frustrating it would be in the middle of an online game.

2 hours ago, Bastion said:

Yeah, all the time. Even the Elite pad does it on my elite console. I have 3 controllers and they all do it. I'm convinced this is why the new Xbox one S controllers will have better range and also be Bluetooth. 

Not on the preview program. 

Ive moved anything near to it, replaced speakers etc. Nothing makes a difference. 

Its even more frustrating if it disconnects while using a headset. The pad will eventually connect again, but the headset dosent without a restart. 

Whilst playing Inside the pad disconnected 6 times. 

Is OneGuide good enough to use it to pass through my Wii U signal? I've ran out of HDMIs on my amp, and I don't play the Wii U often so don't mind turning on my Xbox One to play it. Does it compress the video signal in any way or does it just pass it through unmolested?

EDIT: Think I've answered my own question. It's laggy, constantly pauses for a few seconds at a time, and there's no sound. Outstanding work :lol:

2 hours ago, Paulando said:

Is OneGuide good enough to use it to pass through my Wii U signal? I've ran out of HDMIs on my amp, and I don't play the Wii U often so don't mind turning on my Xbox One to play it. Does it compress the video signal in any way or does it just pass it through unmolested?

EDIT: Think I've answered my own question. It's laggy, constantly pauses for a few seconds at a time, and there's no sound. Outstanding work :lol:

Get the Amazon branded auto hdmi switcher, around a tenner and I have Xbone, ps4 & wii u plugged into it then into amp and works perfectly!

3 hours ago, Paulando said:

That function is meant for watching telly isn't it? No surprise that it adds way too much lag for a gaming signal. A decent HDMI switcher is the way to go

5 hours ago, Bastion said:

Yep, both fully updated.

I'm certain it's a hardware issue they haven't acknowledged. It's too frequent and widespread not to be.

Buy another pad from argos.  Put yours in it. Return it.  Life's too short.

Going to purchase an Xbox one in the next few days. Is it worth getting the Kinect for voice controlling when used for media as I don't reckon it will be used for gaming. Also planning on picking up the tv tuner assuming it provides a satisfactory picture. Needs to be wife friendly. 

4 hours ago, rafaqat said:

Buy another pad from argos.  Put yours in it. Return it.  Life's too short.

4 hours ago, Bastion said:

nixon25.jpg

If you do it after all, make sure it's the new one with the headphone jack at least.

12 minutes ago, johnboy1967 said:

Going to purchase an Xbox one in the next few days. Is it worth getting the Kinect for voice controlling when used for media as I don't reckon it will be used for gaming. Also planning on picking up the tv tuner assuming it provides a satisfactory picture. Needs to be wife friendly. 

We switched to using the Xbox and TV tuner after binning Sky last year. Picture quality is great and Kinect is alright for commands but if it's going to be the main thing you watch TV on, I would get the little media remote too.

17 minutes ago, johnboy1967 said:

Out of interest - why not wait until the Xbox One S is out? Smaller, a bit more powerful, better controller, Bluetooth, also functions as a UHD blu-ray player as a free bonus (be sure to tell your wife and also tell her how expensive a standalone UHD player is!) and iirc it does voice commands without the need for Kinect.