Jump to content

Xbox One Console Thread


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Out of interest - why not wait until the Xbox One S is out? Smaller, a bit more powerful, better controller, Bluetooth, also functions as a UHD blu-ray player as a free bonus (be sure to tell your wife and also tell her how expensive a standalone UHD player is!) and iirc it does voice commands without the need for Kinect.

 

We don't have a 4K tv and have no plans to get one anytime soon so the extra hardware on the S would be overkill. 

 

So the logic was purchase the Xbox one which would see us through at least until project Scorpio is released. 

 

Of course I may convince myself otherwise before making a purchase. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Just get one now. They're very cheap at the mo. Currys was doing them for £185 plus a game. S preorders are like £240+

 

And it doesn't do voice commands any differently than the normal Xbox. Either Kinect or headset mic.

 

Cheapest S seems to be £349. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, johnboy1967 said:

 

We don't have a 4K tv and have no plans to get one anytime soon so the extra hardware on the S would be overkill. 

 

So the logic was purchase the Xbox one which would see us through at least until project Scorpio is released. 

 

Of course I may convince myself otherwise before making a purchase. 

That makes sense, I didn't realise you were planning to upgrade to a Scorpio later on. Then it doesn't really matter which flavour XB1 you get now. Great console either way, you won't regret it :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I done bought some SA credit and bought Trials fusion - I was playing Trials HD on BC and really fancied another one and at half the UK store price I thought why not - really works well, do new titles come out as cheap via SA store??

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

I done bought some SA credit and bought Trials fusion - I was playing Trials HD on BC and really fancied another one and at half the UK store price I thought why not - really works well, do new titles come out as cheap via SA store??

 

Yup. The price differences vary from game to game but generally the foreign stores are cheaper. I tend to favour the Russian store. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paulando said:

Yeah, the sale looks pretty parp. Might pick up some backwards compatibility titles from the Russian store for a few quid each though.

Didn't think you could buy 360 games that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All the usual suspects in this sale sadly, I don't remember a time when Borderlands/Sleeping Dogs/Dragon Age was ever not on sale. Might pick up South Park/Lego Star Wars but don't see much else there that interests me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rafaqat said:

would be interested in how you fare with that.

 

Do you mean this, or do you know something that I don't? :lol:

 

Is it definitely not possible to buy 360 games from a foreign store, BC or not?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Paulando said:

 

Do you mean this, or do you know something that I don't? :lol:

 

Is it definitely not possible to buy 360 games from a foreign store, BC or not?

 

:)   I've never tried it but someone upthread did say that xbox 360 games are generally region locked. I'm genuinely interested to see if it's different for BC games though. Go on, take one for  the team. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.