Xbox One Console Thread

56 minutes ago, King A said:

The framerate goes through the floor at times. But the game is fun. You want a free copy of JC2 360? I have a digital code for BC on the bone.

Thanks for the generous offer, but I've already got a copy of it on disc still. 

33 minutes ago, bignige said:

Is the framerate on JC3 really bad on bone?

Most of the time it's fine. When things get really hectic it slows down. I still enjoyed it though.

Just purchased Red Dead Redemption in the "Ultimate" sale in prep for it going backwards compatible on Friday. But also bought Mirror's Edge Catalyst for £30, seeing as I was about to pull the trigger on it for £45 a couple of days ago, I am very pleased!

So Red Dead, how good is it really. For manys a year I've heard praise from all corners, but never played it. For £6.20 it seemed more than worth it (plus one of the DLC packs was free as well).

29 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

Did anyone upgrade their Ori to the Definitive Edition? I can't find the option mentioned on the Xbox site (http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/games/game-titles/ori-blind-forest-de-xbox-one-upgrade-offer) and the person on live chat doesn't seem to have a clue.

You just buy the Definitive edition from the store and the discount should be automatically applied to the price. Because it's currently on sale via this 'Ultimate Game Sale' the price has actually gone up and overwritten the discount for people who already own the original. You'll have to wait until the UGS is over and then it should show as £3.99 on the UK store. Five or Six days I think it runs for,

31 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

Did anyone upgrade their Ori to the Definitive Edition? I can't find the option mentioned on the Xbox site (http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/games/game-titles/ori-blind-forest-de-xbox-one-upgrade-offer) and the person on live chat doesn't seem to have a clue.

I've seen some posts on reddit that the upgrade option vanished before the sale started.

13 minutes ago, *chin* said:

Just purchased Red Dead Redemption in the "Ultimate" sale in prep for it going backwards compatible on Friday. But also bought Mirror's Edge Catalyst for £30, seeing as I was about to pull the trigger on it for £45 a couple of days ago, I am very pleased!

So Red Dead, how good is it really. For manys a year I've heard praise from all corners, but never played it. For £6.20 it seemed more than worth it (plus one of the DLC packs was free as well).

It's a Crash Smash.

19 minutes ago, Revival said:

You just buy the Definitive edition from the store and the discount should be automatically applied to the price. Because it's currently on sale via this 'Ultimate Game Sale' the price has actually gone up and overwritten the discount for people who already own the original. You'll have to wait until the UGS is over and then it should show as £3.99 on the UK store. Five or Six days I think it runs for,

According to the Xbox support site, there's a separate upgrade option that you can find by searching on the console itself.

I was on live chat for 2 hours on which the rep tried to claim that the full price was the upgrade offer, that the UGS price was the upgrade offer and that the UGS price was the upgrade offer in the US only. Then when I started posting links about the upgrade offer, she just started selectively quoting parts about the £15.99. Eventually she accepted that there was a separate upgrade offer and had to go and check just to be told that the links were from March.

Then when I said that there's a misleading article on the support site I was told to submit feedback at feedback.microsoft.com, which doesn't work.

It's a head scratcher, because Microsoft's support has been excellent in the past.

First go today with the Xbox one and the interface is clunky and a mess to navigate compared to my past experience on the 360. 

Also having issues with the tuner as the picture continually freezes. Aerial plugged into the TV works fine.  Going to try a booster to see if that helps. 

I know it's snappier, but honestly, the 360 is a bit of a chore to go back to. No pinned tiles, so if something isn't in Recent or Pinned, I have to go hunting for it. Also, I find myself having to search the store for things I own but don't have installed, instead of having them listed as "ready to install".

I agree the One's interface crawls, even when left in InstantOn.

10 minutes ago, johnboy1967 said:

First go today with the Xbox one and the interface is clunky and a mess to navigate compared to my past experience on the 360. 

I really like my Xbone at the moment, somewhat ironically because just about everything I have is digital inc a load of BC games and all on the external hdd but I have to agree that the UI is just a slow mess even on the latest preview - even the PS4 UI thats not been changed at all in the time I've had mine is still better purely as its not dog slow to do anything!

I just don't understand why it is so slow to do anything, I don't recall the 360 being so slow to just bring up a menu to see friends etc and the PS4 feels positively snappy in comparison :o

14 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

even the PS4 UI thats not been changed at all in the time I've had mine is still better purely as its not dog slow to do anything!

That said, every time I try to access the + symbol on the far left to add the latest freebies to the library, it's dog slow and frequently crashes the store. I don't even know how I would troubleshoot that. I wiped the machine back in about April to try and fix ejecting, and only have a handful of things installed. These consoles are like trying to diagnose Windows 98 issues without any of the underlying access to do owt about it.

14 minutes ago, TehStu said:

That said, every time I try to access the + symbol on the far left to add the latest freebies to the library, it's dog slow and frequently crashes the store. I don't even know how I would troubleshoot that. I wiped the machine back in about April to try and fix ejecting, and only have a handful of things installed. These consoles are like trying to diagnose Windows 98 issues without any of the underlying access to do owt about it.

Ahh yeah, I forgot about the store - I haven't used it in over a year, maybe two as just do it all via the web store but yeah I remember how shit the store was!

13 hours ago, King A said:

The framerate goes through the floor at times. But the game is fun. You want a free copy of JC2 360? I have a digital code for BC on the bone.

12 hours ago, SomethingWitty said:

Thanks for the generous offer, but I've already got a copy of it on disc still. 

Hey @King A, can I be a cheeky sod and grab that code for JC2?  

The 'Updates' section in Games & Apps (latest preview) is probably the single thing I've wanted the most from the OS. 

A godsend for people who don't use Instant On. No more 'can I play this or will there be an update available?' lottery. Just check that section every time your console is on, and get any downloads going. 

11 hours ago, Super Craig said:

I did.

I'm fairly sure I just went to the DE in the store, and option to uplease for £3 or whatever was right there.