Xbox One Console Thread

And related to the above:

Is there any way I can reorder my game titles in the Games & Apps section? I'm more bothered than I should be that X-Com 2 is ordered before the first X-Com in the A-Z list. It's the same thing with Monkey Island 1 and 2 as well. 

14 minutes ago, Yoshimax said:

Media Player Ultra is free for the next 10 days for XB and Win10. It's usually $35.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/store/p/media-player-ultra/9n2msn1vfbd0

How can I get that without being at my Xbox? Following the link on my office Win 7 machine, the button is greyed out and it says this product doesn't work on your device. Searching on Xbox.com shows no results either.

34 minutes ago, King A said:

How can I get that without being at my Xbox? Following the link on my office Win 7 machine, the button is greyed out and it says this product doesn't work on your device. Searching on Xbox.com shows no results either.

Dont think you can! It's on the console store though.

17 minutes ago, peeveen said:

It wouldn't let me get it via Chrome, but I just used Edge on a Win10 machine and it worked no problem.

Because the app is compatible with Windows 10. You can only purchase it on devices that are compatible. Bit stupid since Microsoft have a system that allows auto downloads. Why not let you buy it on any machine and have it auto download on your main machine when it's next on?

13 minutes ago, SnoopZakaDaVe said:

About ready to throw my xbox out the window. It has been working fine then turn it on today and its forgotton the Wi-Fi details all of a sudden, and just WILL NOT accept the password for the wifi when the wifi is working fine on every other device :( very frustrating 

Hold the power button for 30 seconds and reboot. Fixes about 75% of problems.

2 hours ago, SnoopZakaDaVe said:

About ready to throw my xbox out the window. It has been working fine then turn it on today and its forgotton the Wi-Fi details all of a sudden, and just WILL NOT accept the password for the wifi when the wifi is working fine on every other device :( very frustrating 

Unplug your external hd etc out then try connecting  again happend to me once took days to figure out this trick. 

EddyCrestonHERO-hero.jpg

Two new controllers colour schemes out today. RRP £49.99. Here's the marketing guff:

The first new controller is the Xbox Wireless Controller – Red, which has a two-tone matte red finish with gloss highlights on the triggers, bumpers and D-pad, as well as behind the thumbsticks. The Xbox Wireless Controller – Red is available from microsoftstore.com and select retailers worldwide today.

The second new controller is the Xbox Wireless Controller – Green/Orange, which has a similar design to the Xbox Wireless Controller – Red, but it’s green with orange accents. This controller comes with a green matte finish and gloss highlights on the triggers, bumpers and D-pad, as well as orange accents behind the thumbsticks.  The Xbox Wireless Controller – Green/Orange is shipping exclusively to Microsoft Store, microsoftstore.com and Walmart in the U.S. on January 24, and is priced at $64.99 USD. The controller will also be available at select retailers worldwide starting January 31.

Both controllers feature all the benefits of the latest Xbox Wireless Controller, including textured grip, improved wireless range and Bluetooth technology for gaming on Windows 10 devices or on Samsung Gear VR. These controllers are compatible for gaming on Xbox One, Xbox One S and Windows 10 PCs and tablets. You can also take advantage of the custom button mapping feature through the Xbox Accessories App, available for download from the Xbox Store or Windows Store.

Source: news.xbox.com

1 minute ago, King A said:

I wish they would stp doing these and just release the custom controllers here in the UK.

I'm guessing it makes more sense for MS financially to look at the most popular colour combos that people choose from the 'create-your-own' options, and then just release a limited set of styles in other regions.

7 minutes ago, Illyria said:

You colour blind? :P

closer to brown than green on my monitors

Spoiler

WP_20170111_005.jpg

so there's that. Mind you, the og xbox was a very dark shade of green, where most people would tell you it was black...

Edited by SeanR

Granted it's a very muddy colour but how anyone could think it's black, I dont even know. Might be a case of screen colour settings though, I had to fiddle with my second monitor at work yesterday cause it was displaying grey as a muddy yellow.

2 hours ago, fattakin said:

Which headset do i need to go with the Infinite Warfare pad?  Something cheap from ebay please.

cod_xboxone_controller_box.jpg

That's the advanced warfare pad, if it's that one it's the old headset, if it's a newer pad then it will have both ports.

Xbox One/W10 Creators Update details - Game Mode, Beam, Guide update

2017 is going to be a monumental year for gaming at Microsoft. Whether you play on Xbox One, a Windows 10 PC, your mobile phone, or anywhere you sign-in with Xbox Live, we’re going to make your gaming experiences easier, more social, and better with innovative hardware and software features throughout the year.

We’re focused on feedback from our fans and innovative, new ideas from our engineering teams that will enhance gaming on the Xbox One and will make Windows 10 the best operating system for PC gaming. In October, as a part of the Creators Update, we announced that Beam, gamer-created tournaments, and other fan requested features would be coming. We’re kicking off 2017 by introducing some of these features next week, with more updates to share in the coming months.

These updates are about four key themes: Streaming, Performance, People, and Competition. We’ll make it easier to stream than ever before, by making Beam a feature on Xbox One and Windows 10. We’ll improve the performance of your PC games through the all new Windows Game Mode. And we’ll release Arena on Xbox Live, where you can play in organized tournaments or create your own, making eSports available for everyone.

Instantly stream to Beam on Windows 10 and Xbox One
We’re building Beam as a feature of Xbox One and Windows 10, making Beam one of the easiest and quickest ways to stream your gameplay.

Beam will connect to your Xbox Live account, making it easy to stream your favorite games to Beam and your Xbox Live community. No extra software is needed and viewers anywhere will be able to watch your streams and interact with your broadcast. On a Windows 10 PC, press Windows + G to pull up the Game bar and click the broadcast button to start streaming. On Xbox One, you can start streaming with one button press from inside the Guide.

Increased performance in gaming
Our goal is to make Windows 10 the best Windows ever for gaming. With the Creators Update, we’re introducing a new feature called Game Mode. Windows Insiders will start seeing some of the visual elements for Game Mode this week, with the feature being fully operational in builds shortly thereafter. Our vision is for Game Mode to optimize your Windows 10 PC for increased performance in gaming. This is a big update for Windows; we’re looking forward to Insiders getting their hands on this new feature for further testing, and we’ll have much more to share on what it is and how it works soon, so stayed tuned.

In addition, every Xbox One will see an update coming to the Guide that will make it faster to complete common tasks. Through one press of the Xbox button on your controller, you’ll be able to pull up the newly enhanced Guide as an overlay on the left side of your screen no matter what you’re doing. In addition, we’re rebuilding the most popular multitasking experiences for speed and ease of access. For example, you’ll be able to start recording your GameDVR clips, adjust your recording length, and access your captures directly in the Guide. We’ll also add a new Achievement tracking overlay, Gamerscore Leaderboard, a new Cortana design, and controls for background music, making these features easier and use.

Better ways to find, stay in touch, and share with your gaming friends
We’re improving the ways you can stay in touch with friends on Xbox Live by making it easier to connect with people you care about on other social networks. We’re also adding updates to the Activity Feed, so you can connect and share more with your gaming friends. With additional improvements to Clubs and Looking For Group (LFG), like better moderator tools for Clubs and the ability to share LFG posts in your feed, we’re making it even easier to seek out players for any game on Xbox and Windows 10, and join communities of gamers like you.

You define the rules of competition
New tournaments are coming to Arena on Xbox Live, including those from professional tournament organizers like ESL and FACEIT. And starting with “World of Tanks” and “Killer Instinct”, you’ll be able to create your own Arena tournaments, with more supported titles coming over time. Once your tournament is created, you can invite your friends and members of your club can see it and join. And when the tournament ends, the results will be automatically recorded so you can share them on Xbox Live and across your social networks.

As part of the Creators Update, we’re just getting started. We have a few surprises on the horizon and more features to share with you soon. Get excited, stay tuned, and see you on Xbox Live!

Mike Ybarra
Gamertag: Qwik
Twitter: @XboxQwik

http://news.xbox.com/2017/01/13/crea...ne-windows-10/

Im most excited about the Win10 game mode 

On 5/6/2016 at 10:34, rafaqat said:

I noticed Lifeless Planet is down to £5 from £15.  Anyone played it?

On 5/6/2016 at 10:49, rafaqat said:

I've bought it anyway.  £5.  Something I wouldn't have bought normally but worth a shot at that price.  

So I just completed this last night.  I really liked it.  The graphics are nothing to write home about with some of the 3D models being pretty basic but for the the mystery of the story and slowly having it revealed was excellent.  It feels very much like a low budget game but don't let that stop you buying it.   It's not too hard.  Mixture of platforming and relatively straightforward puzzles to reveal more and more of the story.  Played it with headphones on and I'm glad I did.  Jumped a couple of times and the music I found pretty effective.

I've had my Bone for a month or two now and it's mostly been a Forza Horizon player, the while time. Which makes me feel like I'm wasting it a touch. But I don't know what it does, other than play games. What's a good way to find out all the things it does and how to use it?

Oh, and there's what looks like a headphone socket on the cobtroller, can I just plug the headphones that came with my phone into it? Would that all me to use the mic when playing online?

Oh, and there's what looks like a headphone socket on the cobtroller, can I just plug the headphones that came with my phone into it? Would that all me to use the mic when playing online?

If the headphones have a mic then yes you can.

As for other stuff. It's a very capable media centre. Do you use Plex at all?

I use it to stream films from my Plex server. We use it for Netflix and Amazon Prime.

I also have my virgin box plugged into it and so it controls our tv viewing with the one guide. The one guide has a trending section that shows what programs are trending at the moment. Have a play it's quite nifty.

It has a browser but I don't use that a huge amount.

Get twitch and broadcast your games or watch others stream games you're interested in.

Get YouTube on it. I catch up on giantbomb stuff on it.

On the home page there's usually a weekly update from Major Nelson that's quite informative.

There's also a how to use your Xbox section which I think is a tile I've seen somewhere.

World's your oyster. People say the OS is confusing but I love it. It's bursting with stuff to do. Stuff like Plex, Netflix and YouTube have their equivalents on PS4 but I tend to find them smoother on Xbox one. It's pretty much our primary media device in the house.