Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

On 2017-5-23 at 13:32, ronin said:

a search on xbox.com came up with a link that referred to CD2 as being 'xbox one compatible'

59242bc2d4230_ScreenShot2017-05-23at14_31_17.thumb.png.c632157959c227680d78f8972530be8c.png

maybe something later in the week

nah, it's just the search engine caching these menus

Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 19.05.07.png

On 22/05/2017 at 11:47, Boozy The Clown said:

There is an option in settings to control TV volume and power on and off.

Any USB 3 should work.

Worked a treat, volume and turns the tv off when I turn Xbox off. Sweet!

I liked the name Beam. Certainly better than Mixer.

That's a pretty cool function as well. People have complained a fair bit about Beam, but I'm never sure why. I don't watch streams very much but it always strikes me as cleaner, nicer looking and faster than Twitch.

Tesco are doing an Xbox One S, extra pad, FH3, Gears 4 and GTAV for 199.99. Mental. If Scorpio weren't around the corner, I'd be all over that.

11 hours ago, Revival said:

Well the Destiny 2 thread has just completely self verified itself on why Xbox gamers don't bother with that topic or the rllmuk clan. What a horrible bunch.

For a similar experience try reading the comments in any post Trump makes on Facebook.

I'm not sure if that's flattering or not as you've just called me Donald Trump :lol:

The underlying nastiness/snide element on this forum is really starting to grate. If all it takes is for someone to say there are a few people who will be playing Destiny 2 on Xbox for it to resort to bollocks just shows it's not worth your time to be associated with that clan.

Play the game where you want to.

12 minutes ago, Revival said:

If all it takes is for someone to say there are a few people who will be playing Destiny 2 on Xbox for it to resort to bollocks just shows it's not worth your time to be associated with that clan.

That's not what you did though. You stormed into a perfectly nice thread where there was a reasonable discussion about a game without any console wars bollocks with this.

The vast majority of vocal people on here were PS4. I'd imagine it's the usual case where people read nothing but PS4 related content so don't bother to contribute to any great degree and hence why very few Xbox owners bothered attaching themselves to the Rllmuk account.

If you're genuinely interested in why you got the reaction you did. That post comes across as a load of preemptive histrionic persecution complex ramblings that would have been more at home in a single format games mag in the 90s. I know for a fact that plenty of people who are active in the Destiny thread own both consoles.  If there's an active XB1 clan of Rllmuk players operating under another clan name, why not just direct people to that instead?

I apologise if my post came across like a persecution complex, That was genuinely not the intention. I know from my friends/followers via my gamertag there's loads of people on here who played the game relentlessly around launch and after so there's got to be a reason why these people don't feel welcome enough to post in the 'nice' topic or want to join the clan. To say it's just numbers is a huge cop out. Especially when the online number split was reputed to be around 16k at it's peak.

There's so much tension with everything being about reactionary console wars bollocks it doesn't make the topic appealing, imo.

Don't worry I wont be going anywhere near that topic in the future.

Ok. So there are loads of forumites playing Destiny on Xbox one who don't ever post or talk about or arrange games through the forum. That's possible. I'm really not getting drawn into some fanboy wars.

How is the idea that some people might be playing Destiny on Xbox fanboy wars? Your first inclination is totally negative. You're just enabling that topic to be a continuation of what happens beyond your immediate vision on this forum to define the game.

If the topic is as good as you think it would be full of content from both like minded sets of gamers. It currently isn't.

Let's hope the game is good.

As an Xbox destiny player I've always found that thread great. It's also true that most people invested in Destiny on the forum are on PS4, as evidenced by the ease with which PS4 players manage to get raids teams set up throughout the lifetime of Destiny as opposed to doing so on Xbox one. I was in a nice 6 for the first two Raids but after that it became difficult to find like minded players on the bone. I will still be sticking with xbox for D2 though as the people I play with all the time are on it, and that is my choice. If I was starting fresh and wanted to find new people from the forum I'd go PS4 now I have the choice.

Basically the only person losing out by not posting in that thread is you, and to be honest if you were going to go on in the way you entered the thread it's better off without you.

You've already got Bloodborne and the Robot Dinosaur game why would you want to play anything else ?  It's not as if Forza horizon  3 is any good or you can play loads of games for £8 a month. Besides they'll be announcing Scorpio soon which is probably gonna end Microsoft's involvement in console gaming within a few weeks of release once Sony hint at a PS5 coming in 2019 and tell you all to just wait for the greatness again.

2 hours ago, BedroomBusinessman said:

Finding it tough to not pick up a One S in one of the current deals (all about £200 with 3 games and a pad). I really fancy playing Bayonetta again as well witch only makes it harder.

Someone convince me it's pointless as I've already got a PS4...?

What it does exclusively, it does well. I use mine for forza, and backwards compatibility.