Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

3 hours ago, BedroomBusinessman said:

Finding it tough to not pick up a One S in one of the current deals (all about £200 with 3 games and a pad). I really fancy playing Bayonetta again as well witch only makes it harder.

Someone convince me it's pointless as I've already got a PS4...?

Buying from other regions is much easier than on Ps4.. You only need the one gamertag rather than multiple like on the PS4. 

The exclusives are genuinely good fun.  The backwards compatibility is amazing.  I regularly play Black Ops 2 and am making my way through a big number of Xbox 360 classics that I missed and I can get them for a couple of quid at most.

I have PS4 and an XboxOne.  Bloodbourne and the other PS4 exclusives are great fun. But I'm always drawn to the quieter xbox with the more flexible account system.

Oh, for me personally the customer service has also been light years ahead of Sony too.  Got a console two years out of warranty replaced with no quibbles. 

Also, MS are about to introduce self service refunding on digital purchases just like steam.   Owned a games less than 14 days and played it less than 2 hours and don't like it?  You can initiate a refund yourself.   

YOu'll have a primary xonsole you play most on and sometimes it WILL feel like the other console is gathering dust but you'll be glad you have it for the exclusives. 

I uses my PS4 very occasionally and sometimes think I shouldn't have ought it but then I pop on Uncharted or Last of US and am happy I have it as well as my Xbox.

3 hours ago, BedroomBusinessman said:

Finding it tough to not pick up a One S in one of the current deals (all about £200 with 3 games and a pad). I really fancy playing Bayonetta again as well witch only makes it harder.

Someone convince me it's pointless as I've already got a PS4...?

The only thing I would say is that Scorpio is being detailed in about 2 weeks and I would hold fire in case you end up wanting one of those. 

Any ideas as to who I can contact at MS about bad customer service?

I sent them my Elite pad for repair, which was a big hassle because of various issues with their email system not sending UPS labels to iCloud email accounts and their phone system which would ring but not connect their staff to me. I sent it off packed in a box as instructed. Received the replacement yesterday in a jiffy bag, damaged (left stick mount is loose/rattling) and it's clearly second-user as its got dirt and hair in the sticks etc. 

After time with support yesterday I photographed it all and sent those over and then spent another hour this morning with chat support, being asked for the receipt for the original purchase (despite it already having been accepted for repair), and after an hour was told that the best they can do is to repeat the whole process to hopefully get a decent replacement. I spoke to a supervisor who told me that's all they're allowed to do for accessories.

I'm utterly unimpressed, and seem trapped in a CS chat/call loop staffed by people in a non-MS call centre who have no discretion or escalation process. I can't believe that their service centre accidentally sent me a grubby second-user controller in a jiffy bag entirely by mistake, and that I should have confidence that they'll get it right next time.

2 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

The only thing I would say is that Scorpio is being detailed in about 2 weeks and I would hold fire in case you end up wanting one of those. 

Is it going to cost £200, and come with three games?

21 minutes ago, Phil said:

Any ideas as to who I can contact at MS about bad customer service?

I sent them my Elite pad for repair, which was a big hassle because of various issues with their email system not sending UPS labels to iCloud email accounts and their phone system which would ring but not connect their staff to me. I sent it off packed in a box as instructed. Received the replacement yesterday in a jiffy bag, damaged (left stick mount is loose/rattling) and it's clearly second-user as its got dirt and hair in the sticks etc. 

After time with support yesterday I photographed it all and sent those over and then spent another hour this morning with chat support, being asked for the receipt for the original purchase (despite it already having been accepted for repair), and after an hour was told that the best they can do is to repeat the whole process to hopefully get a decent replacement. I spoke to a supervisor who told me that's all they're allowed to do for accessories.

I'm utterly unimpressed, and seem trapped in a CS chat/call loop staffed by people in a non-MS call centre who have no discretion or escalation process. I can't believe that their service centre accidentally sent me a grubby second-user controller in a jiffy bag entirely by mistake, and that I should have confidence that they'll get it right next time.

Phil Spencer?

@XboxP3

That really nice Hori Fighting Commander pad is finally up for pre-order on Amazon UK with a release date of the 2nd of June for £39.99:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Fighting-Commander-Wired-Controller/dp/B01MSEPQ55/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1496045021&sr=8-12&keywords=hori+xbox

71tZ1oc+mjL._SL1500_.jpg

Should be good for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite, Tekken 7 and hopefully a new season/sequel to Killer Instinct!

I find the Nintendo style d-pad that comes with the elite pad has been excellent for MVC3 - but just pre-ordered one as it looks perfect for Xbox/Steam fighting game/2D action. Thanks for the heads up :)

Looks like the ability to use your Xbox account credit on the Microsoft store is being worked on for inclusion soon, It's now there and working for USA members and it's starting to show up as an option (but not selectable) on the UK MS store.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/b/home

So soon you can buy these items with your credit:

Xbox Live Gold

Controllers and accessories

Physical disc games

Xbox Consoles

Surface stuff

2 hours ago, bradigor said:

But still not for 360 titles I take it?

I get the impression the 360 store and modern Xbox stores are wildly differing and not something they can get working in a compatible layer without a significant rewrite.

8 minutes ago, Revival said:

I get the impression the 360 store and modern Xbox stores are wildly differing and not something they can get working in a compatible layer without a significant rewrite.

like when they turned off XBL for the original xbox?

36 minutes ago, Revival said:

I got bitten by this horseshit in the recent BC sale. Utterly insane that you can't buy any 360 games with credit in your account, and there's no warnings or anything alluding to that fact. Just a big old NOPE.