Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

Argos are doing a deal for Xbox One S, FIFA 17, GOW4, Overwatch & an extra controller PLUS £20 of vouchers for £220. Looking at prices on CEX, if I traded all the extras and my original Xbox One + Kinect for cash, I would get £145. I'm sure outside of CEX I can do even better. Taking into account the £20 vouchers as well, it means I could get the Xbox One S for £55.

Worth it? Can I convince the wife it's worth it? Should I just wait for the Scorpio?

The S is lovely, small and quiet.  Depends on when you feel you might get a scorpio?  I've mostly decided to wait until Read Dead, I figure that will be one of the first big hitters for it.  Tho that depends if they patch in any improvements in BF1 :)  Did it ever get the HDR patch on xbox? 

I've earmarked my S as a console for the kids once i go scorpio, the family and game sharing seems to make it a natural fit.  My eldest has even got a few gamerpoints under his belt already.

Here's what's known so far for June, Hopefully there will be a few surprise releases at e3.

June 1 - ACA NeoGeo - Metal Slug 2
June 1 - SpeedRunners - Games with Gold
June 2 - The Culling - Game Preview
June 2 - Perception
June 2 - Plutobi: The Dwarf Planet Tales
June 2 - Tekken 7
June 6 - Neighborhorde
June 6 - Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy - Episode 2: Under Pressure

June 6 - The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind 

June 6 - The Town of Light
June 6 - ZAZEN: Zen Meditation Game

June 7 - Nevermind
June 7 - Refunct
June 7 - Superbeat Xonic

June 8 - ACA NeoGeo - King of the Monsters
June 9 - DiRT 4

June 9 - Hunting Simulator Day One Edition
June 9 - Jump Stars
June 9 - Kholat

June 9 - Prison Architect: All Day And A Psych
June 13 - Cars 3: Driven to Win

June 14 - Air Missions: HIND

June 15 - ACA NeoGeo - Magical Drop 2

June 15 - Air Guitar Warrior: Gamepad Edition

June 15 - MotoGP™17
June 16 - Tour de France 2017
June 20 - Dead by Daylight
June 20 - Dungeon Defenders II
June 21 - Super Bomb Rush!

June 22 - ACA NeoGeo - Art of Fighting 2

June 23 - Broken Age

June 23 - Chess Ultra
June 23 - Get Even

June 23 - Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan
June 27 - 8-Bit Armies Collector's Edition

June 27 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered

June 28 - Crazy Strike Bowling EX

June 28 - Poi

June 29 - ACA NeoGeo - Super Baseball 2020

June 30 - Aerea
June 30 - Demons Age

June 30 - Ghost of a Tale - Game Preview
June 30 - Goliath

June 30 - Hunting Simulator

June 30 - Marvel Heroes Omega

June 30 - Micro Machines World Series

June 30 - Syndrome

June 30 - The Golf Club 2

June 30 - Valkyria Revolution

22 hours ago, *chin* said:

Argos are doing a deal for Xbox One S, FIFA 17, GOW4, Overwatch & an extra controller PLUS £20 of vouchers for £220. Looking at prices on CEX, if I traded all the extras and my original Xbox One + Kinect for cash, I would get £145. I'm sure outside of CEX I can do even better. Taking into account the £20 vouchers as well, it means I could get the Xbox One S for £55.

Worth it? Can I convince the wife it's worth it? Should I just wait for the Scorpio?

I did this but with forza horizon 3 instead of FIFA. Sold the controller and Overwatch for £50 ish. And got 20% off the console via an online site. Bargain!

Just picked up Bayonetta from Cex for £3 and Alan Wake from eBay for £2. Can't wait to get back to them, loved both on 360.

2 hours ago, Avuncular said:

It's not that. It usually does it when I'm not holding it.

Rechargeable batteries? my baby monitor does that when the rechargeables are done (i.e. so old they wont recharge again)

Try a firmware update on the pad?  Not that ive any clue what its updating but my old CoD MW pad was running a really old firmware.

I had a look earlier and it said there's no available updates which I assume means it's up to date.

It's not really a problem, just wondered if anyone knew why it was doing it.

I thought it might be a feature that's trying to tell me something.

I'm new to the world of Xbox One and have spent the last two nights thoroughly enjoying the trial of The Division. If I want to continue playing do I have to download it from the store or will it still work if I go out and buy a preowned copy to save a bit of money?

6 hours ago, Moosden25 said:

I'm new to the world of Xbox One and have spent the last two nights thoroughly enjoying the trial of The Division. If I want to continue playing do I have to download it from the store or will it still work if I go out and buy a preowned copy to save a bit of money?

It's £14.99 at CDKeys - http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/tom-clancy-s-the-division-xbox-one