Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

https://vid.me/g39q

Phil's response to Sony's Jim Ryan's claim that cross play with PS4 Minecraft isn't an option as Sony are protecting their players and children from external influences beyond their control.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-13-sony-defends-decision-to-block-cross-play-with-xbox-one-and-nintendo-switch

Jim Ryan later added that Sony are protecting their userbase from EA Access too. lol

2 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

https://vid.me/g39q

Phil's response to Sony's Jim Ryan's claim that cross play with PS4 Minecraft isn't an option as Sony are protecting their players and children from external influences beyond their control.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-13-sony-defends-decision-to-block-cross-play-with-xbox-one-and-nintendo-switch

Jim Ryan later added that Sony are protecting their userbase from EA Access too. lol

Ryan seems like a total arse. 

I didn't get my Mixpot thing. I setup a Mixer account specifically, but had to stop watching the E3 feed about 10 minutes in before it kept freezing every few seconds (on my XB1). Bit ridiculous that I didn't qualify.

12 minutes ago, TehStu said:

I didn't get my Mixpot thing. I setup a Mixer account specifically, but had to stop watching the E3 feed about 10 minutes in before it kept freezing every few seconds (on my XB1). Bit ridiculous that I didn't qualify.

You could have came back and watched the Xbox Daily show. I don't know how many minutes you needed to watch to get the Mixpot, but expecting it for watching just 10 mins seems a bit ambitious. You could have just left it on the screen and continued doing whatever you were doing.

2 minutes ago, *chin* said:

You could have came back and watched the Xbox Daily show. I don't know how many minutes you needed to watch to get the Mixpot, but expecting it for watching just 10 mins seems a bit ambitious. You could have just left it on the screen and continued doing whatever you were doing.

I didn't have time (nor know) that the other feeds qualified you for it, and in any case they were on while I was at work (I'm in US timezone), so it's inconvenient. I couldn't leave it on my screen because I switched to YouTube where the feed was fine. I don't know what the requirement was for receiving it, but I clearly made the effort - their technology failed. I haven't made a big thing of it, nor posted any "things that fuck you off". I just went to the effort and their platform couldn't cope, is all.

edit - I do wonder if it was the family account settings, I have my kids on it. Made sure the kids' accounts were set to be allowed to purchase free apps, but I don't know if that met the requirement. MS were a bit vague on that.

6 hours ago, TehStu said:

It looks really nice. Is there any shooting? If it's pure puzzle (with what looks like the portal gun, from the screenshots) then I can play it with the kids.

Whoops. Looks like I posted about The Turing Test in the One X thread accidentally. (It's £4.80 in the sale and great).

As for playing with kids, not sure on that one. There's some decidedly adult themes in there later on in the game in the voice recording. Most of these are side stuff in the optional challenge rooms.

The gun your character uses is strictly for pulling and shooting power packs from sockets. There are gattling guns in one or two areas but you use them to break stuff rather than harm anyone.

Still, I can't really recommend it for young kids unless you don't mind them missing out on the last quarter of the game.

On 6/19/2017 at 14:40, TehStu said:

I didn't have time (nor know) that the other feeds qualified you for it, and in any case they were on while I was at work (I'm in US timezone), so it's inconvenient. I couldn't leave it on my screen because I switched to YouTube where the feed was fine. I don't know what the requirement was for receiving it, but I clearly made the effort - their technology failed. I haven't made a big thing of it, nor posted any "things that fuck you off". I just went to the effort and their platform couldn't cope, is all.

edit - I do wonder if it was the family account settings, I have my kids on it. Made sure the kids' accounts were set to be allowed to purchase free apps, but I don't know if that met the requirement. MS were a bit vague on that.

Hmm probably not the family account thing.  I have my kids accounts part of my family account. I watched a lot of the other E3 shows through mixer the next day after the MS conference and got the prize. 

42 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

Loads of indie titles on sale this week. 

Are there any must haves? 

I'm tempted by Fortified, Rogue Legacy, Hitman (parts or whole thing?) And the Turing Test. 

Guns, Gore and Cannoli is superb. Fortified has been superseded by Dungeon Defenders 2 which is free!

1 hour ago, Yoshimax said:

Guns, Gore and Cannoli is superb. Fortified has been superseded by Dungeon Defenders 2 which is free!

34 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Aqua Kitty Xbox One Ultra Edition UDX, is good fun.

Thanks, I knew you'd recommend GGC, Yosh. Not down for DD2 - Free to play isn't for me. 

Cheers, Do, I have seen others recommend Aqua Kitty.