IGNORED

Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

It's going to be put into a HMD. They're just showing it without the glasses/case bit. So imagine the phone is the HMD display, like a gear VR etc and that bit of white plastic is doing the tracking and both will be attached to the HMD. 

For it to be VR it would need to project two separate images at high and stable frame rates. If that video is supposed to be proof of concept then it clearly isn't demonstrating the VR aspect at all. At the moment it's just streamed video (remote play), albeit with low lag, and motion controls mapped to the right stick. 

Yeah, I reasonably assumed it would be the display slotted into headset, but currently demonstrated sans headset. What's not clear is how an external display can cause the game to render the viewpoint from two slightly different positions, as 3D requires, right? I just assumed VR games calculated two entirely separate viewports within the engine.

I had a quick poke around the web, but all I can find is this MVR Ascend product being a "disruptive", which was probably buzzwordy enough to get some funding.

Beyond that video not actually being VR, Titanfall would be an unusual choice to be used to prototype it. It's really not the sort of game to be updated for VR. It's too fast and frenetic for a start. Users would be sick after about a minute!

27 minutes ago, Pistol said:

What's a good external HDD to get for the S?

I dont think its too fussy as long as its USB3, i just got a basic toshiba 2TB one off ebay for £45.  Fuck sake i can see a Seagate one on there for £20 now.. madness!

Anyone else getting their second 385MB update of the week?

My first one was on Tuesday, I remember because I wanted to watch Preacher s2e6, and had to wait a loooooong time.

Edited by SeanR

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

What's a good external HDD to get for the S?

Pretty good timing.

There's some recertified WD My Book 4TB's going for just £75 on the official page right now. It's the facelifted ones too:

https://www.wdc.com/en-gb/products/wd-recertified/my-book-new.html#RWDBBGB0040HBK-EESN

I'm not sure if these are the 7200rpm drives though, Anyone know?

or there's the older design:

4TB £67 or 6TB £105

https://www.wdc.com/en-gb/products/wd-recertified/my-book.html#RWDBFJK0040HBK-EESN

4 hours ago, SeanR said:

Anyone else getting their second 385MB update of the week?

I hope I get another one soon - the most recent seems to have thrown a major spanner in the works somewhere and everything is sssssssslllllllllloooooooooowwwwwwww.

5 hours ago, fattakin said:

I dont think its too fussy as long as its USB3, i just got a basic toshiba 2TB one off ebay for £45.  Fuck sake i can see a Seagate one on there for £20 now.. madness!

Damn.  2TB for £20?   Just bought two.  Cheers for the headsup.  Hopefully not a scam.

33 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

Damn.  2TB for £20?   Just bought two.  Cheers for the headsup.  Hopefully not a scam.

Any more? I'll have one at that price

edit : found her - feedback goes back a good few years so despite the low amount of it it might be ok.

You were recently involved in a transaction for the following item: 
263110346392 - 2TB Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2.5" USB3.0 External Portable Hard Disk Drive Blue

We’re writing to let you know that an unauthorised third party may have accessed the seller’s account to list this item. The item has been removed from the site, and the transaction was cancelled.