rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

4 hours ago, Revival said:

Is there some kind of early access on that one? I can only see it with a June 4th date.

Prob my mistake.  

I have a TCL 55R617, connected to a 5.1 DD/DTS sound bar via optical. The other day, the center channel stopped working for Blu Ray playback on my OG XB1. I thought it was just a new disc I bought, but now I find an old DVD isn't working. The both play correctly in the PS4. Both consoles are connected via HDMI and manually set to 2.0. 

I'm pretty sure games are ok, as I hear the engine in Forza. I've also separately run through the sound bar's speaker check, can hear center and it's same volume as the others.

Any ideas?

My xbox one is getting really noisy, like the fans are blowing a gale usually only when I play a game but sometimes just when using a streaming app. Also sometimes my pinned tiles just appear blank. Does this mean my trusty launch unit is on the way out? 

For the pinned tiles, you need to do a proper restart of the console. That fixed it on my X a few days ago. The fans seem to be working properly. If you want them to be quieter again, you'd be looking at redoing thermal paste and/or giving the inside a quick clean.

6 hours ago, TehStu said:

I have a TCL 55R617, connected to a 5.1 DD/DTS sound bar via optical. The other day, the center channel stopped working for Blu Ray playback on my OG XB1. I thought it was just a new disc I bought, but now I find an old DVD isn't working. The both play correctly in the PS4. Both consoles are connected via HDMI and manually set to 2.0. 

I'm pretty sure games are ok, as I hear the engine in Forza. I've also separately run through the sound bar's speaker check, can hear center and it's same volume as the others.

Any ideas?

2.0 = left and right only, change the output to 5.1 DD/DTS.

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

My xbox one is getting really noisy, like the fans are blowing a gale usually only when I play a game but sometimes just when using a streaming app. Also sometimes my pinned tiles just appear blank. Does this mean my trusty launch unit is on the way out? 

I've always had one of these (with the stand taken off) on top of my Xbox One, over the grill. Had it laying around anyway and figured it must help to lower the ambient temp inside, and move the air around some more.

It's not noiseless but the machine never really seems to send the fans into overdrive. I guess it helps.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ex-Pro-Noiseless-USB-Desktop-Fan/dp/B014WT8BPK/ref=sxts_bbp_recs_sx_w_p_v0?keywords=usb+fan&pd_rd_i=B014WT8BPK&pd_rd_r=9ef5eb60-778b-4afe-9825-0c2be3c2d142&pd_rd_w=84jrT&pd_rd_wg=UsDOE&pf_rd_p=79814bae-4e14-4d3c-996f-8d6f520c4fac&pf_rd_r=8BPE5ZV01KNW98HE9WXA&qid=1557040598&s=gateway

1 minute ago, Pavey said:

I've always had one of these (with the stand taken off) on top of my Xbox One, over the grill. Had it laying around anyway and figured it must help to lower the ambient temp inside, and move the air around some more.

It's not noiseless but the machine never really seems to send the fans into overdrive. I guess it helps.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ex-Pro-Noiseless-USB-Desktop-Fan/dp/B014WT8BPK/ref=sxts_bbp_recs_sx_w_p_v0?keywords=usb+fan&pd_rd_i=B014WT8BPK&pd_rd_r=9ef5eb60-778b-4afe-9825-0c2be3c2d142&pd_rd_w=84jrT&pd_rd_wg=UsDOE&pf_rd_p=79814bae-4e14-4d3c-996f-8d6f520c4fac&pf_rd_r=8BPE5ZV01KNW98HE9WXA&qid=1557040598&s=gateway

That's one solution but my xbox is in a cabinet which to be fair probably doesn't help the air flow. Does the x run cooler? 

I think so, certainly never had any problems with it. Mine is in cabinet too, and I figure that fan is moving the hot air around and out of the cabinet (as there is a little hole in the back).

I'm having a weird issue with my Xbox One S. When watching a Blu-ray, Netflix or YouTube the idle screen is not being blocked so I'm having to press a button on my pad every 10 mins or so. My Xbox is also going into sleep mode when doing the same. I don't remember this being an issue previously. Has anyone else had this happen?

On 05/05/2019 at 08:21, Fletch said:

That's one solution but my xbox is in a cabinet which to be fair probably doesn't help the air flow. Does the x run cooler? 

it bloody well should do!

252776?w=660&h=272

• Upvote 1

Fantastic deal on Xbox live and Apex Legends points ends at midnight. 6 months live and 1000 Apex coins for £15 -

• Upvote 4

Really enjoying Plague Tale. If you want a really story driven game aka Hellblade,God of War, TLOU, it is probably something you would like 

Got my Xbox one a couple of weeks ago.

Cuphead was supposed to be a day 1 purchase..

With gamepass for a quid and some fps games I wanted to play with the Xbox controller, I held off.

I've literally just bought it! About a 5 min download...

I'm excited :)

Stunning.

Pretty much played it for an hour.

Feels, looks, plays - wonderful.

My only gripe is I don't like the d pad on the controller, I'm using analogue for now.

Will check if there is a fight pad or something with a better d pad.

This isn't a major issue, and I'm going back to it after my coffee.

Good times ahead. It really is stunning.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RastanSaga said:

Stunning.

Pretty much played it for an hour.

Feels, looks, plays - wonderful.

My only gripe is I don't like the d pad on the controller, I'm using analogue for now.

Will check if there is a fight pad or something with a better d pad.

This isn't a major issue, and I'm going back to it after my coffee.

Good times ahead. It really is stunning.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Fighting-Commander-Wired-Controller/dp/B01MSEPQ55/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3DO6OAOEESOXE&keywords=hori+fighting+commander&qid=1557383481&s=gateway&sprefix=hori+fightin%2Caps%2C158&sr=8-1

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

The d pad on the controller is amazing though, easily the best one I have used since the Japanese Saturn pad.

Seriously? It's dreadful.

It's too small and too stiff by far.

You may get away with it being small if it wasn't so stiff...

I cannot get comfy or get precision with it at-all.

If it works for others...that's cool obv :)

• Upvote 1

On 09/05/2019 at 11:42, RastanSaga said:

It's too small and too stiff by far.

You may get away with it being small if it wasn't so stiff...

I cannot get comfy or get precision with it at-all.

If it works for others...that's cool obv :)

finbarr_saunders_viz_400x400.jpg

• Upvote 4

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/05/14/playtest-hunt-showdown-on-xbox-one/

If you're an insider you can download and playtest Crytek's latest game Hunt Showdown.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

1. Sign in and launch the Xbox Insider Hub on your Xbox One console.
2. Navigate to Insider content > Hunt: Showdown.
3. Select Join.
4. Once registration is complete, you’ll be directed to the Xbox Store to download and install Hunt: Showdown.

NOTE: Limited space is available for this playtest and will be offered on a first-come first-served basis.

If you encounter any issues during the Hunt: Showdown playtest, please submit feedback via Report a problem (hold down the Xbox button on the controller and select Report a problem from the power menu).

Hunt-Wallpaper-1-1920x1080.jpg

• Upvote 1

Would have thought everyone that wanted Fortnite would have played it by now.... Anyone for purple?

Xbox-One-S-Fortnite-Special-Edition-1558