rllmuk

Xbox One Console Thread

I might get an EA Access sub to play A Way Out. Or I might just buy the game for a tenner in the sale. 

Does EA Access ever go cheap now? I seem to remember buying a year's sub for about £12 a couple of years back. I'm not sure it's worth an extra ten pounds over the cost of the game #Skinflint. 

On 27/12/2019 at 10:47, womble9 said:

Guys check your emails this morning :).

If you've got a mail from MS Store titled "Shop boxing week sale now" then clicking on the Squirrel in the bottom right hand corner = Bingo Bongo, Bob's your uncle, here's a £5 MS store voucher, hurrah....

rewards.thumb.jpg.f3086b33f82a49b922d6c1b40858dac2.jpg

Tons of stuff in the MS sale at the moment, I'm currently deliberating over whether to get either Far Cry 5 or Resi 2 for £8 or £9 or to perhaps just get Death of the Outsider FOC :).

boo just tried it, says it’s expired even though small print says 3rd jan!

Just seen I've been charged £10.99 for a months Game Pass Ultimate. I'm not paying that or any of the options as I don't think I'll get my money's worth, so if I cancel will it revert back to Gold?

From what I gather I have to cancel the Ultimate and resign up to Gold.

Not sure I want to lose my 17 year old Gamertag so may just carry on.  :unsure:

Is anyone running their Sky box through their XB1?

I’m thinking about doing it and getting some surround headphones for late night viewing. I’ve only got the Sky HD box. Will I get surround from the Sky box?

xbox-jan20.png.7ec7094bf42b0288adcc08e8549a234b.png

Welcome to the Xbox release list for January 2020, Happy New Year!!

Slim pickings so far, A combination of not much info available yet and the new season lul. If you're looking for something fun an immediate to play check out Natsuki Chronicles from last month, A beautifully crafted shmup that takes influence from some of the best games in the genre like Metal Black, Border Down, Gradius and Pulstar. It's genuinely one of the best new shmups in a decade with tons of content and if you have a One X it runs natively in 4K/60. Please check it out.

Jan 02 - Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX

Jan 08 - Animal Friends Adventure
Jan 08 - Dragon Sinker: Descendants of Legend
Jan 08 - IN-VERT
Jan 08 - Regions of Ruin
Jan 09 - AO Tennis 2

Jan 10 - Paperbound Brawlers

Jan 14 - Super Mega Space Blaster Special Turbo

Jan 15 - Red Bow

Jan 15 - Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments Redux

Jan 15 - Without Escape: Console Edition

Han 16 - The Surge 2: Kraken

Jan 17 - Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot

Jan 17 - Far Out
Jan 17 - Hovership Havoc
Jan 21 - Moons of Madness [delayed to March 24]

Jan 22 - Football, Tactics & Glory

Jan 22 - Foxyland 2

Jan 22 - Lumini

Jan 22 - The Office Quest

Jan 23 - Iconoclasts

Jan 23 - Mosaic
Jan 23 - Rugby 20
Jan 24 - Dreamball
Jan 27 - Stone
Jan 28 - It came from space and ate our brains
Jan 28 - Journey to the Savage Planet

Jan 28 - Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition
Jan 28 - Pillars Of Eternity II: Deadfire - Ultimate edition

Jan 29 - Music Racer

Jan 30 - Code Shifter
Jan 30 - Coffee Talk

Jan 31 - hyper|dot

• Upvote 5
2 hours ago, Pug said:

Cheapest seems to be the cdkeys 3 month Game Pass that converts to 2 months Ultimate for £7.99. Thanks.

Amazon regularly have a 3 months GP Ultimate code a 50% off, last time was around Black Friday (as per my post earlier) but they had it a few more times in the months before that. Might be worth keeping an eye on that and other deals and stock up when the price is right.

• Upvote 1

Thanks. Think I’ll need to plan this as I’m gonna end up with global credit all over the place. With the various keys, some are listen as vpn global key. Do they tell you what area to set the vpn to to redeem the code? 

I think it’s just Argentina and Turkey that require a VPN. You only need the VPN to add credit to that country’s account. Once it’s been added you don’t need to use a VPN to use the credit and buy anything.

Most of the codes for games on MTC have a US region code for the same price as the global option. I doubt you’d need a VPN for that.

10 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

Most of the codes for games on MTC have a US region code for the same price as the global option. I doubt you’d need a VPN for that.

You do.

7 minutes ago, Dudley said:

You could read too much into it but the fact they bother calling it an RPG team is another little piece of confirmation that's not all they're working on.

What’s not all they’re working on? Isn’t this the Fable team?

21 minutes ago, JPL said:

What’s not all they’re working on? Isn’t this the Fable team?

They're the Forza Horizon company but officially another Horizon isn't confirmed.

As pointed out above neither is Fable but they've been hiring people "To work on a major RPG franchise" or words to that effect for some time.

10 minutes ago, Dudley said:

They're the Forza Horizon company but officially another Horizon isn't confirmed.

As pointed out above neither is Fable but they've been hiring people "To work on a major RPG franchise" or words to that effect for some time.

Ah right, I thought it was a given Horizon 5 would be in the works and I thought it was pretty common knowledge they’ve been setting up a new studio arm to work on a new Fable as well. I can’t remember where I heard it from though.

I actually hope it isn’t Fable. I’d rather them tackle something original.

To be fair you could have said the same about Fallout 3 and that worked out ok.

I didn't actually play Fable back in the day and it's probably not worth doing now so I'd actually be interested.

Fables 1 and 2 are great games, really interesting ideas and bucketfuls of charm.  It felt so good at the time playing something not US or Japanese centred.  Also, there still aren't too many games where your character morphs appearance and prompts different reactions from the crowd depending what he/she has been up to.  Both are recommended, albeit making allowances for age.  3 had some good ideas but, as is well known, development time was severely curtailed which leads to odd pacing and the BC version at least has a load of technical problems.

Just got my first Xbox One (X) this gen. I’d somehow never heard of the X until last week, and was sure it would be the first Xbox console I’d never buy. Anyway, buggered if I’m waiting another year for a 4k player, and with my most wanted games of next year all multi-platform (TLOU2 excluded), this is going to be great. I’m Cyberpunk ready!

Hot take, years late: is it on? My god it’s quiet. Menus are annoying. How do I close down a game?? Game pass? Holy shit that’s good value. Oh...I guess it’s my chimney-breast embedded hdmi leads that are the problem not my PS4 after all :mad: (calls a builder). 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, womblingfree said:

Menus are annoying.

You'll pick them up quickly. B always goes back. 99% of menu stuff can be done with the side menu (Hit the Xbox Button on your pad),

2 hours ago, womblingfree said:

How do I close down a game??

Just go to dashboard by hitting the Xbox Button to open the side menu and select the option for where you need to go. The game will be put in the background so you can instantly resume *Unless* you open another game, or you manually close the game from the home screen (pressing hamburger button on the game and clicking close).

Also put your console in instant on mode so OS & game updates download overnight without any input from you. Means you'll vary rarely see any annoying updating screens (Unless an update was released the same day you are playing the machine). 

• Upvote 1