rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/console/system-update-operating-system

October update details.

Release date

10/8/2019

Smarter wish list

From now on, you’ll receive a notification any time something on your wish list at the Microsoft Store gets a price discount. Never miss a deal again.

Mixer integration

Mixer and Xbox One are further integrating with a full Mixer viewing experience right in the dashboard, with a focus on speed and simplicity. No more need to open a separate app for your streaming fix.

Flexible capture settings

You now have more control over what gets captured and recorded in games. In Settings > Preferences > Capture & share, choose between “Captures by me,” “Captures by me or games,” and “Don’t capture.”

Recommend games on Xbox Game Pass

If there’s a game on Xbox Game Pass you think your friends need to be playing, recommend it! When you open Xbox Game Pass, choose a game and select Share. Then send your message with any additional comments you want to add.

Hey Cortana, it’s been real

With the October update, Cortana will no longer be available on Xbox, except as the digital assistant on the Harmon Kardon Invoke intelligent speaker.

However, voice interaction will still be possible for those with a Kinect sensor, using the Xbox voice commands. For a list of original voice commands, see Xbox voice commands with Kinect.

Any device with Amazon Alexa can also be set up to use voice commands with your Xbox. To see how, visit Set up Alexa for Xbox One.

5 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

There's a wish list!?

Yeah there has been for a while now. Not sure if it was preview only at first? But I've had it for a coupe of months or so, that I noticed.

Oh no, Cortana got fired. Oh well. Shrugging ASCII art thing.

The wish list is actually pretty useful for 'bookmarking' games that look a bit interesting, as they do tend to get lost in the churn of new games and then forgotten. Letting you know when those games are on sale is a great move. I hope they make it a bit easier to find and use the wish list too.

• Upvote 1

The wish list is incredibly well hidden, I stumbled across it by accident and assumed it was always there. It was never as useful as Steam's version that will send you an email or app notification whenever an item is on sale, but at least you could bring it up and immediately see whether one of your wish listed games was on sale. Now that they're bringing it up to speed, I also hope they're going to surface it a bit better. Currently it looks like they don't want people to find it, stowed away like it was some husband's mysteriously encrypted 200GB folder buried 10 folders deep in the Windows directory.

Well, rather on impulse I have picked up an One S this morning! Having been out the Xbox scene since the 360 I'm sure I have so much to catch up on lol.

It's with the Gears pack so 1-5 and a month on Gold and the Game Pass (anyone know of any decent subscription deals going please?)

Will post GT once setup.

• Upvote 3

Gamepass is amazing, there’s so much content it’s almost anxiety inducing. 

Also, all those old 360 games are cheap as chips. You’re in for a treat.

• Upvote 1

On 13/10/2019 at 10:49, Minter1986 said:

Well, rather on impulse I have picked up an One S this morning! Having been out the Xbox scene since the 360 I'm sure I have so much to catch up on lol.

It's with the Gears pack so 1-5 and a month on Gold and the Game Pass (anyone know of any decent subscription deals going please?)

Will post GT once setup.

Don't redeem your Gamepass stuff, or the games if they're a code. I think you can still upgrade your entire Gold to Ultimate (Gold + Gamepass) for £1, you can check by using your month of Gold then seeing what cost it's going to charge to upgrade. If it's still on then buy as much time subscribed to Gold as you can and apply all that (up to three years worth) then sign up for Ultimate, which should convert your entire length of Gold to Ultimate for £1. Then sell your Gears games as they're all on Gamepass anyway.

Anyone give Hunt: Showdown a go over the weekend? I'm really not sure about it despite really, really enjoying it when it goes right. Not sure how I'd feel after Bloodline rank 10 when your hunter gets permadead when you lose.

The new Elite v2 controller is out in a couple of weeks.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-elite-wireless-controller-series-2-review

As great as the previous Elite Controller felt, it feels like a toy compared to the Series 2. Microsoft clearly put a lot of work into addressing every fault it found with the previous effort, while also cramming in tons of new features.

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Chooch said:

https://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HubArticleView?hubId=2666252&articleId=2666253&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151&cm_sp=XboxFormatHub-_-Games-_-skinny2-AllAccess

Game already have the packages up.

Not bad if you don't have a console already and play a couple of games a month. There is plenty of choice on Game Pass too.  

Be interesting to see how this pans out for MS...  Personally wouldn't want to get locked into something for 24months but can see how the mobile phone model could work for console gaming...

1 minute ago, MattyP said:

https://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HubArticleView?hubId=2666252&articleId=2666253&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151&cm_sp=XboxFormatHub-_-Games-_-skinny2-AllAccess

Not bad if you don't have a console already... Although if you do there are lots of deals on Game Pass Ultimate around.

Be interesting to see how this pans out for MS... 

A One X for 12 months with Ultimate Game Pass becoming a Next Box after that, interest free, is tempting me.

4 minutes ago, Chooch said:

A One X for 12 months with Ultimate Game Pass becoming a Next Box after that, interest free, is tempting me.

image.thumb.png.a1bd9e4ff512337d0e1a2686c50a6799.png

Its this bit though... you'd probably have to sign up for another 2 years... and would the price increase next year? But yes effectively interest free and low barrier to entry. I can see it doing very well indeed. Especially good for Xmas pressies for the kids great selection of games and low monthly cost.... win/win.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Chooch said:

March 2021 though at the earliest as you need to have made 18 monthly payments first.

Just now, Hitcher said:

March 2021 though at the earliest as you need to have made 18 monthly payments first.

12 months if you get a One X

The UK bundles seem a fraction too expensive to be considered a great deal. In the US you get an Xboxone All Digital for an extra $5 a month while in the UK it's £7. Not a massive difference but less of a bargain. 

20 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

£600 for a Scarlett and 24 months Gamepass doesn’t seem like a particularly great deal. Assuming it’s the same price. 

I assume the console is likely going to cost nearly £600 anyway. 

You'll be lucky if there's dollar parity by that point.  As soon as the exchange rate slips below 1.20.

Apple have already made the move to higher £ prices.

xbox-nov19.png.8ed15fe11ec3ebb0b94d88beb46ebf82.png

Welcome to the Xbox One release list for November 2019!

Nov 01 - Citadel: Forged with Fire
Nov 01 - Jalopy
Nov 01 - Race with Ryan
Nov 04 - Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 [Hardware]
Nov 05 - Alwa's Awakening
Nov 05 - Bladsad: Under the Skin
Nov 05 - Just Dance 2020
Nov 06 - Wizards of Brandel
Nov 07 - Stay Cool, Kobayashi-san!: A River City Ransom Story
Nov 08 - JUMANJI: The Video Game
Nov 08 - Need for Speed Heat
Nov 08 - STURMWIND EX
Nov 08 - Tanky Tanks
Nov 11 - Romancing Saga 3
Nov 12 - Offroad Racing - Buggy X ATV X Moto
Nov 12 - Yaga
Nov 13 - Spider Solitaire F
Nov 14 - Bee Simulator
Nov 14 - Sparklite
Nov 14 - Xbox event: XO19 
Nov 15 - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Nov 15 - Terminator Resistance
Nov 15 - Tokyo Warfare Turbo
Nov 15 - Tracks: The Train Set game
Nov 15 - Valfaris
Nov 19 - Munchkin: Quacked Quest
Nov 21 - Asterix & Obelix XXL3: The Crystal Menhir
Nov 21 - Farmer's Dynasty
Nov 21 - Titeuf: The Game
Nov 22 - Lost Ember
Nov 22 - Narcos: Rise of the Cartels
Nov 22 - Sid Meier's Civilization VI
Nov 22 - Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts
Nov 29 - Weakless

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/x019

X019 in London, the annual global celebration of all things Xbox. The event will be filled with news, first looks and surprises, and Xbox FanFest, all livestreamed and starting on Inside Xbox. Thousands of fans will join in person, and millions of Xbox fans will join the celebration online. Coverage streams on Mixer from 14-16 November 2019.

Tune in to a special episode of Inside Xbox, the live and official show where Xbox shares news and announcements, starting at 8:00pm UK on Nov 14th.

https://mixer.com/xbox

• Upvote 7

On 28/10/2019 at 14:45, MattyP said:

Not bad if you don't have a console already and play a couple of games a month. There is plenty of choice on Game Pass too.  

Be interesting to see how this pans out for MS...  Personally wouldn't want to get locked into something for 24months but can see how the mobile phone model could work for console gaming...

Hoping we can do this, as it'll be my son's next two Birthdays sorted out.