rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

13 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

No, you'll have to leave theirs as the primary one. On yours just log on your gamertag but don't make it your Home Xbox.

I've just found the guidance from MS:

"When you change home consoles, all device licenses for digital content will move to your new home Xbox. These device licenses will no longer be available on your previous home Xbox. In other words, when you switch your home Xbox, access to your content comes with you to your new home Xbox, and anyone signed in can enjoy it. Your previous home Xbox will still give your friends and family access to your stuff when you’re signed in to it."

So if I make my new Xbox my home Xbox, she could just sign in to the Xbox I left at her house (using my account obviously) and she would have access to everything again, right?

No, for her to use your games, that xbox has to be the home one.

If you set your currrent one as the home one, everytime they login as you on the other xbox, it will sign you out on yours

Hope that makes sense

• Upvote 1

@Nein just to (hopefully) clarify: every other account on an Xbox One will have the benefits of the primary account on that Xboc. So if your former partner has her own account on that Xbox, she will have access to all the games associated with the primary account on that Xbox. If it's set as your home Xbox, she never needs to sign in as you. She'll have access to your games because it's set as your home Xbox.

On the new Xbox that will be at your home, you will  NOT set it as your home Xbox. Because that will fuck the other Xbox. You'll simply sign into your account and have access to everything that's yours that way. Downside is that you'll not have access to your digital content if your internet goes out. But once you're back online, you'll have access to everything again.

Don't sign into the same account simultaneously on different machines, that doesn't work. She has to have her own (free) account on the Xbox that's set as your home Xbox, that way you can both play your games at the same time no problem.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

@Nein just to (hopefully) clarify: every other account on an Xbox One will have the benefits of the primary account on that Xboc. So if your former partner has her own account on that Xbox, she will have access to all the games associated with the primary account on that Xbox. If it's set as your home Xbox, she never needs to sign in as you. She'll have access to your games because it's set as your home Xbox.

On the new Xbox that will be at your home, you will  NOT set it as your home Xbox. Because that will fuck the other Xbox. You'll simply sign into your account and have access to everything that's yours that way. Downside is that you'll not have access to your digital content if your internet goes out. But once you're back online, you'll have access to everything again.

Don't sign into the same account simultaneously on different machines, that doesn't work. She has to have her own (free) account on the Xbox that's set as your home Xbox, that way you can both play your games at the same time no problem.

This what I was after, cheers!

2 hours ago, Hitcher said:

Isn't that exactly what I said?

I just wasn't sure why I couldn't set mine as the home Xbox, that's all 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JPL said:

Excellent Tony, thanks for that. I’ll pop into Tesco first thing to see if they’ve got any.

Looks like it will be £109, but it will be Friday, not tomorrow.

Given I've just got the console, I've got loads of downloads on the go. 

Is there a way that it can download in a low power mode of sorts during the day while I'm at work? I thought leaving it set to Instant On with my old Xbox One used to do just this, but I could very well be wrong there...

6 minutes ago, The Mighty Ash said:

Yup, instant on mode will do just that.

Thanks! I had done that, but then came here to check because it's silent. 

Managed to back a 2 controller pack at Tesco yesterday for the kids for Christmas.

box says it comes with a months game pass and 14 days Gold.

I’m not getting it out the box yet, but does it make sense to use the offer on the website for £1 for 3 months ultimate pass before it runs out - will waste the best part of a month, but assume I can start it now on my tablet then register the Xbox to it at Christmas?

And then save the passes in the box for a later date?

23 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I think if you use the pass in the box you won't be able to do the £1 offer.

Can I do the offer now on a browser then use the box pass in March?

9 minutes ago, Ork1927 said:

Can I do the offer now on a browser then use the box pass in March?

Depends on if the box pass is for new accounts only or not (it probably is).