rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

If anyone else got the Xbox One X that includes Gears of War 1-5, I know GOW1 is the ultimate edition, but are 2 & 3 just the normal editions?

3 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I'm going to stop buying shit on Steam. I bought Demon's Tilt the sale before this one as I couldn't find anything on a console release and here we are.

Stop with the crazy talk. You can never stop buying shit on Steam. We're duty bound to give money to our lords and masters and never install things. 

It's the way the world works, and it ain't never gonna stop.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Orbital2060 said:

The ultimate edition Gears 1 is an Xbox One remake of the first 360 game. Gears 2 and 3 on there are the 360 BC titles, with enhancements for One X.

Ok thanks. 

So if I have 2 & 3 from years back, they'll benefit from the X I can just give the codes I got with the console to someone? 

Have I just been unlucky or is the Xbox One pad build absolutely shit? The one I got with my machine started suffering from stick drift and it wasn't even a year old. 

My second pad (again under a year old) has now developed a fault where the right bumper doesn't always work. 

I've owned consoles for over 30 years and collected retro and I've rarely had a controller fail on me for a machine, never mind two. 

2 hours ago, Skull Commander said:

Have I just been unlucky or is the Xbox One pad build absolutely shit? The one I got with my machine started suffering from stick drift and it wasn't even a year old. 

My second pad (again under a year old) has now developed a fault where the right bumper doesn't always work. 

I've owned consoles for over 30 years and collected retro and I've rarely had a controller fail on me for a machine, never mind two. 

My pad isn’t even six months old and it feels like it’s falling apart.

my left stick drifts to the right, both my triggers suffer from stickiness and the whole thing feels like it’s going to break whenever I use it. 

I feel like I've been moaning about controller build quality this entire generation. I baby my stuff and have never had to replace an official controller until the last few years when I've had to bin two Dualshock 4s due to the left analog stick input going wonky, one Xbox One controller I use on PC because of the bumpers becoming unresponsive (and that started happening intermittently within a few months of buying it) and I also try not to use the joy-cons on the Switch anymore because their signal cuts out if you look at them funny and the rubber wore off one of the sticks before I'd even used the system 50 hours. I replaced that with a Pro Controller which, like most, has a D-pad which registers inputs you don't want.

It's really fucking annoying. And expensive.

Contrast that with the first wired 360 controller I bought to use on PC which was still technically working fine 10 years later when I finally got rid due to it being old and manky.

4 hours ago, Skull Commander said:

Think I’m on my third pad and I’ve started having the same issue I had with the other two, unresponsive RB button. It ended up breaking completely on my last two.

Meanwhile I bought both machines near launch and bought an X and Pro later and the launch day pads and machines are both still going strong.

My luck has been all over the place. Packed in pads have been fine, the sea of thieves one I bought got drift on the right stick. The Master Chief Halo 5 one up on the DPad stopped working and my Titanfall one doesn't stay synced. My OH had a V1 elite pad and that broke, we took it back, and now the right thumb stick is fucked. 

AFAIK the parts for all controllers are all off the shelf from a handful of Chinese companies these days, and I get the sense the quality of these often isn't very good. The mechanism for the maligned Switch analogue sticks is more or less the same part as the Vita for example, which had a very similar (although not as widely noticed) problem

I only have one xbone pad, it's had a problem with the dpad forever where the down direction button has some sort of input latency/flaky press registration. I play 2d platformers on ps4 (or now switch lite) in part for this reason. 

7 hours ago, Skull Commander said:

No, mine have been rock solid. 

Contact MS Support. 

Anyone ordered a pad through design lab on console successfully? I am trying to get one created for my daughter for xmas (probably too late now) but everytime I go "add to cart" it then takes me to the checkout screen and says that the cart is empty. 

Might have to try through the laptop, just frustrating that they have the option there but it doesnt seem to work.

Also, yeah, not really feeling the new dash.

I opened a new controller today because the one that came with my X, a year ago, is developing a dodgy A button. Must be all that “A and UP to win” action in tomb raider and assassins creed.

Who needs design lab, when they already look this good?

64FF3944-0857-4D8C-ABC2-0ADB1D5841C1.thumb.jpeg.92a768ec1431b195d17f736cde27db08.jpeg