Xbox One Console Thread

Well, Amazon amazingly came through for me, and this just arrived. Though as you can see, the warehouse guys decided that just slapping a sticker on the outside of the box was good enough for delivery :angry:

IMG_20200616_132509~2.jpg

3 minutes ago, Revival said:

Lodge a complaint. That's really awful.

Tried via the Twitter team and they just sent me a link to their site where it shows that not all Amazon deliveries come boxed up! Will email them as well though.

1 hour ago, mdn2 said:

Microsoft charge for digital pre-orders straight away, don't they?

No, about a week before release but you'll also get an email beforehand reminding you.

Any one got the old Xbox One Kinect camera sitting about? They're currently selling for silly money on ebay. Couple of us on here and a few friends I know all listed our cameras at £50-£55 buy it now, all of them sold within an hour or so. Ebay currently has a £1 listing offer too. 

Has anyone else tried Grounded yet? It's very impressive for a small team and runs wonderfully on the X. It's out on Game Preview/Game Pass next month so please check it out.

Also for anyone that's an insider there's a new option for headphones-

DTS Sound Unbound is a new app which brings along with it a new Headset Format Audio setting called DTS:X for Headphones.

Once you obtain the free 24-hour trial license from within the DTS Sound Unbound app (which can be extended infinitely throughout the flight period), try out your favorite games—especially ones with Spatial Sound support! Media apps will also benefit from this format.

On 16/06/2020 at 15:31, Mr Tony said:

Any one got the old Xbox One Kinect camera sitting about? They're currently selling for silly money on ebay. Couple of us on here and a few friends I know all listed our cameras at £50-£55 buy it now, all of them sold within an hour or so. Ebay currently has a £1 listing offer too. 

I do I think unless I chucked it when I moved the xbox to the bedroom. 

What's the reason for the prices they are fetching? 

On 16/06/2020 at 15:31, Mr Tony said:

huh.  I have two.   Nostalgia is making me want to keep them.  They're never going to be used for anything...

Yeah, I saw a few people on twitter  saying the same when I searched earlier. I wonder if there's something peculiar about the game that means it's  backward compatibility isn't working with a dashboard update or something.  Maybe I  grabbed  it before it got flagged up? 

I managed to download it tonight, yesterday it was saying that it could only be downloaded from xbox.com. Is it any good, never played it?

There was a stage when literally nobody wanted a kinect I noticed CEX were selling kinects off at around £20 a pop and had something like 12000 in stock on the website, stores were full of them too and I had the thought to invest in a shed load, but didn't bother. when the kinect free xbox was released they'd shot up in cex and up to maybe 60-80+ each on ebay and I was fuming.

Now I have my original one still here I'll probably sell it with my boxed day one at some point as I need some extra cash! Still stings years later. 

3 hours ago, Jg15 said:

I managed to download it tonight, yesterday it was saying that it could only be downloaded from xbox.com. Is it any good, never played it?

It's pretty, but there are a number of frustrating unbalanced elements, not least that even normal enemies can take multiple shots to destroy so your ship feels sluggish and underpowered. It's OK to credit feed your way through and you will have some fun moments. 

Is there any way to prevent the controller from turning itself off after 15 minutes?

I was watching something on Prime Video last night with the headphones plugged into the controller (the Xbox's Dolby Atmos for Headphones makes it by far the best way to watch stuff with headphones on!) But unless I kept wiggling the sticks it would just turn itself off every 15 minutes, even though I had headphones plugged in. Very frustrating especially as it didn't even pause what I was watching when the controller disconnected, it just meant the sound randomly cut out until I could turn it back on again.

@Garwoofoo could you put an elastic band over the sticks to make them register being off  centre? Does it do it if you plug it in (may work better if connected to the console, but might have the same effect with a USB charger )? 

I'm using an Elite controller so in theory it could work but I don't think I've got a USB cord long enough to stretch across my living room! I assume there's not a simple setting in the dashboard somewhere that I've missed then? Honestly I'd just assumed that it would know I had headphones in / was watching a video and leave it on, but clearly not.

51 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

I'm using an Elite controller so in theory it could work but I don't think I've got a USB cord long enough to stretch across my living room! I assume there's not a simple setting in the dashboard somewhere that I've missed then? Honestly I'd just assumed that it would know I had headphones in / was watching a video and leave it on, but clearly not.

Doesn’t the Elite come with a 3 metre braided USB?

Yes and the braids spin the data as it flies down the wire, speeding it up like rifling in the gun barrel, meaning your bullets fly faster and harder.

4 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

Is there any way to prevent the controller from turning itself off after 15 minutes?

I was watching something on Prime Video last night with the headphones plugged into the controller (the Xbox's Dolby Atmos for Headphones makes it by far the best way to watch stuff with headphones on!) But unless I kept wiggling the sticks it would just turn itself off every 15 minutes, even though I had headphones plugged in. Very frustrating especially as it didn't even pause what I was watching when the controller disconnected, it just meant the sound randomly cut out until I could turn it back on again.

There is a reasonable chance this is a bug, as looking online it seems its a quirk particular to Amazon Prime. Apparently Netflix and YouTube aren't affected and work fine. I've seen some posts on Reddit complaining that it is something that only started recently with Amazon Video stuff so fingers crossed it gets patched.

Guys one of the rubber grip covers on my Elite Controller V1 pads has ripped - do you have any recommendations for replacements? 

I got a set of those snaps ons and they work great and look absolutely fine, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. The problem I have now is the remaining rubber has also grown in size so it is lipping over the edge quite a bit and causes it to be a bit bubbly underneath. Has anyone resolved the expanding rubber issue?

17 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

Has anyone else downloaded Sine Mora? It keeps crashing on my one x. 

I've deleted and reinstalled it to no avail.  

Anyone else?

The menu music is gorgeous.

1 hour ago, JPL said:

You can get snap on bits off Amazon. I grabbed some for my son’s and they seem to be holding up.

Hang on, I’ll find the link for you.

Edit: Here you go... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M0Q0QI8?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Thanks so much -  but due to my poor posting skills I explained it very badly - I meant to say rubber grips on the sticks on the pad my apologies - my post made it sound like the grips

14 minutes ago, Uzi said:

Thanks so much -  but due to my poor posting skills I explained it very badly - I meant to say rubber grips on the sticks on the pad my apologies - my post made it sound like the grips

Ah, no worries. I imagine you’ll be able to get replacement sticks though, seeing as they’re removable. Don’t you still have the other sticks? It came with 3 sets, right?

1 minute ago, JPL said:

Ah, no worries. I imagine you’ll be able to get replacement sticks though, seeing as they’re removable. Don’t you still have the other sticks? It came with 3 sets, right?

I forgot all about those! Will check the box