Xbox One Console Thread

20 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Possible. I'm in North East England and its taken 3 hours plus to download call of duty. 

I wish I could download COD that quick.

I’m downloading a Rocket League update at 54kbps a second. Not a typo. With a wired connection. Yet when running the connection speed test in the Xbox itself, I’m at exactly the speed I’d expect (Over 100 Mbps). What is wrong with this shit tonight?

The DTS Sound Unbound app is now available in the Xbox store, giving Xbox owners a third virtual surround format to choose from in addition to Dolby Atmos for Headphones and the built-in Windows Sonic.

I've tried it out and it definitely sounds different! It's got a really wide soundstage and the positional accuracy seems excellent so it might be a very good option for gaming. For movies though I'm less impressed, voices sound a bit artificial and over-processed in comparison to Dolby. And both Netflix and Disney+ offer Atmos soundtracks on selected shows but default back to plain 5.1 if you're using DTS:X.

I've been using Atmos for Headphones for a while now and I'm happy with it, I'll probably stick with it, but I can see DTS:X gaining some momentum. They've both got free trials if you fancy giving them a go.

On 03/07/2020 at 20:47, carlospie said:

Possible. I'm in North East England and its taken 3 hours plus to download call of duty. 

Call of Duty is like 150gb+, though. I'd expect it to take at least 3 hours on even a good connection.

4 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

My daughter wants to play Roblox. How do I block IAP on Xbone?

You can set up Microsoft Family and she can have her own gamertag.   You can add money to her account to spend or not.  You can also limit overall screen time or specific time for certain apps.

Assuming she currently uses your xbox, she can play roblox on her gamertag if it's your primary xbox (your Gold/Gamepass will apply to all users).

That's what we did, until I got sick of Roblox and punted it. You'll need to customize her account settings to allow multiplayer and seeing custom content online. It'll kinda guide you through it as things fail while you're trying to play on her gamertag. 

It's actually pretty comprehensive, and was enough to convince me to have the kids on Edge on our computers, to similarly watch their online use. Until they're old enough to understand not over sharing, etc. 

Has anyone else been getting the "For some reason, <game xxx> has taken too long to start" message more frequently lately? I seem to be getting it all the time at the moment. It regularly takes me a couple of goes to launch anything, and last night it took me five consecutive attempts to get Jedi: Fallen Order to start. Even a reboot doesn't seem to help.

What's most frustrating about it is that half the time you can actually see the game starting to load, behind the error message. So the timeout is *just* too short. If I could extend it by about three seconds the problem would go away.

For anyone who not yet bought or is perhaps missing GTAV after it recently left GP, then check the store as whilst it's listed as being in the current sale at £12.49 it was showing as £4.99 for me (the 6 days left was on Tuesday so it likely ends Monday)!?!

Enjoy ...:)

IMG_7260.thumb.jpg.bcb360a6e502c9f45e4d75bbd25b3c0d.jpg

@womble9, seems to actually be "just for you" it's £12.49 for me. 

I wonder if this is clever marketing - I wasn't going to buy it even for a fiver, but if I were on the fence about it, I might have gone for it even at more than you paid once I got used to the idea that I was going to buy it. 

How can I redeem my free copy if I purchased SUPERHOT on Xbox One?
Eligible owners on Xbox will receive a token for their copy of MIND CONTROL DELETE via a system message, most will arrive within 7 days of launch. Please note that owners who acquired their copy of SUPERHOT for free as part of Games With Gold are not eligible for the free MCD offer (Sorry! We still love you all, but there’s way too many of you.)

2 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Showing as £6.24 for me. 

Weird.

£24.99 for me. I must of been a bad person in a past life.

I'd of bought it for a fiver and not played it until 2027, so i'm actually quids in!

5 minutes ago, Pavey said:

£24.99 for me. I must of been a bad person in a past life.

I'd of bought it for a fiver and not played it until 2027, so i'm actually quids in!

Make sure you're looking at the Premium edition. The standard is £24.99 for some reason.

I had no idea the old GTAs that came out on 360 were so much improved from the PS2 versions. Everything is better about them. Well worth getting if you have a hankering to drive a truck at night in the rain listening to "all my ex's live in Texas"

They did a nice job and I completely missed them until now.