Jump to content

Xbox One Console Thread


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, dave7g said:

Ahhh nuts to that. I'm sure they'll do a remaster sometime since every game ever made seems to get one eventually.

 

Would the disc version work on the XB1? Surely?

 

The Xbox 360 version of Foza Horizon 2? No - there's an Xbox One version. The first game is BC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, dave7g said:

Ahhh nuts to that. I'm sure they'll do a remaster sometime since every game ever made seems to get one eventually.

 

Would the disc version work on the XB1? Surely?

 

It's a little unlikely unfortunately simply because they would need to relicence everything.

 

And several of those car companies are under new ownership or simply don't exist.

 

It depends how much they'd have to cut out I guess.

 

Which is a shame because imagine a Forza Supercut on XSX?  The entire maps from all 4 games, using the sheer speed of these devices that they're just separated by bridges.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dudley said:

 

 

It's a little unlikely unfortunately simply because they would need to relicence everything.

 

And several of those car companies are under new ownership or simply don't exist.

 

It depends how much they'd have to cut out I guess.

 

Which is a shame because imagine a Forza Supercut on XSX?  The entire maps from all 4 games, using the sheer speed of these devices that they're just separated by bridges.

 

 

Did someone say bridges?

 

Spoiler

Thorza?

 

 

thorza.png.346b2d28b9711da0b9d74bb93aa68e9b.png

 

#SorryNotSorry

Edited by SeanR
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that I know of, just sounds like trying to get some money for 4 and 2 year old games at the end of a generation.

 

If we follow the pattern likely Forza Horizon 3 will need to be withdrawn next year, and they'll probably make at least the base game free first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

I watched a uhd bluray for the first time on my new tv a couple of days ago. I expected a bit of noise from the disc spinning in the One X but man, It was significantly louder than I would consider "noticeable" - it's put me off watching Alien which I also bought on uhd.

 

It's so loud,  I would say it's borderline not fit for purpose.  

 

I wonder if the Series X drive / construction will be just as loud.  

 

I wonder how much is down to the drive speed needed for UHD bitrates?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Super Craig said:

 

I wonder how much is down to the drive speed needed for UHD bitrates?

It is at least part if it,  yes. Uhd discs do have to spin faster. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you’ve bought a decent drive then in theory it should be quicker than the internal drive. The Xbox HDD is bandwidth constrained and there’s more bandwidth over USB3 than there is over the internal SATA connection. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Garwoofoo said:

If you’ve bought a decent drive then in theory it should be quicker than the internal drive. The Xbox HDD is bandwidth constrained and there’s more bandwidth over USB3 than there is over the internal SATA connection. 

Ah interesting, I got a game drive thing, so I'm assuming it should be decent. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, a reasonably decent USB3 should be as quick as the internal.

 

Be aware in advance that for Xbox Series X you will be able to run those same games externally but for those very performance reason won't be able to run XBSX games that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

 

Cracking deal there which in good old £s is spend £40 and get 5000 reward points and £8 in cash (ultimate sub holders) so about £13 in real terms. Not bad at all!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kind of related to Xbox anyone used a Xbox One controller wirelessly on the PC over Bluetooth? My PC can see the controller but asks for a PIN number. No way to put a PIN number in. Had a Google updated the controller firmware etc but no joy. Anyone successfully achieved a connection?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. I’ve got a second hand One X coming my way and have a few questions.
 

I’ve had a PS4 for a while but fancied a Xbox for a couple of years before I update to next Gen. I’ve got a few games coming... 

930AC956-2C67-4828-8807-964076EE3443.jpeg.5ae7d43f91fa311c9ecc43ed5b2e839f.jpeg

mostly not my thing or I’ve completed on PS4 but I’ll be keeping hold of AC odyssey, Doom and possibly South Park. Any recommendations of others to keep or to pick? I prefer my driving games to be less serious so Forza is going.

 

I’ll be getting Masterchief collection as I’m a big fan of Halo. 


The package comes with an Elite 1 controller as well as a standard one, is it worth keeping? I don’t get the time to game as much as used to so I’m sure the standard pad is good enough. 


I’ve not had XB since the 360, my gamer I’d is still there and I’ve logged on. All the old digital games I bought on the 360, are they gone for good?
 

Thanks.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Robsk1 said:

The package comes with an Elite 1 controller as well as a standard one, is it worth keeping? 

Yes, I would definitely not go back to a standard pad, given the choice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Robsk1 said:

I’ve not had XB since the 360, my gamer I’d is still there and I’ve logged on. All the old digital games I bought on the 360, are they gone for good?
 

Thanks.

 

Any of your old 360 digital titles that are backwards compatible should show/prompt as available to download again when you login with your old gamertag on the new system.

 

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/backward-compatibility?xr=shellnav

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Robsk1 said:

Hi. I’ve got a second hand One X coming my way and have a few questions.


 

I’ve had a PS4 for a while but fancied a Xbox for a couple of years before I update to next Gen. I’ve got a few games coming... 

930AC956-2C67-4828-8807-964076EE3443.jpeg.5ae7d43f91fa311c9ecc43ed5b2e839f.jpeg

mostly not my thing or I’ve completed on PS4 but I’ll be keeping hold of AC odyssey, Doom and possibly South Park. Any recommendations of others to keep or to pick? I prefer my driving games to be less serious so Forza is going.

 

I’ll be getting Masterchief collection as I’m a big fan of Halo. 


The package comes with an Elite 1 controller as well as a standard one, is it worth keeping? I don’t get the time to game as much as used to so I’m sure the standard pad is good enough. 


I’ve not had XB since the 360, my gamer I’d is still there and I’ve logged on. All the old digital games I bought on the 360, are they gone for good?
 

Thanks.

 

Be prepared for lots of updates. Unless you're not connecting it to a network.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Forza 7 on the X is one of the best looking games of the generation. As is Red Dead 2. At least try them out before you get rid. The AC games look particularly nice on it as well. Give TT as shot too. 


Thanks. I probably will do with Forza although I’m rubbish at serious racers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah my guess is you can drop all 3 of those racers, although on a One X I agree you should take a look at 7 in action.  It's got some pretty good assists though but I think you might end up feeling it's a bit "dry".

 

That said, look into Horizon 4 at some point, you can absolutely dial that down and it's a less serious racer with some serious business physics underpinning it being fun.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Yeah my guess is you can drop all 3 of those racers, although on a One X I agree you should take a look at 7 in action.  It's got some pretty good assists though but I think you might end up feeling it's a bit "dry".

 

That said, look into Horizon 4 at some point, you can absolutely dial that down and it's a less serious racer with some serious business physics underpinning it being fun.

Or start with Horizon 2, then 3 and finally 4, all 3 are excellent, and 2/3 are pretty cheap now, although if @Robsk1 is only now coming back to Xbox after many years away, it might be worth grabbing Gamepass to try out a metric tonne of quality titles for very, very little :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeBeaver said:

Or start with Horizon 2, then 3 and finally 4, all 3 are excellent, and 2/3 are pretty cheap now, although if @Robsk1 is only now coming back to Xbox after many years away, it might be worth grabbing Gamepass to try out a metric tonne of quality titles for very, very little :)


Gamepass is a definite at some stage. Gutted I missed all the good deals on it but I only made the decision yesterday to trade in my Switch and get an XB1X. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

Or start with Horizon 2, then 3 and finally 4, all 3 are excellent, and 2/3 are pretty cheap now, although if @Robsk1 is only now coming back to Xbox after many years away, it might be worth grabbing Gamepass to try out a metric tonne of quality titles for very, very little :)

 

This is fair but I'm assuming that if Robsk isn't a driving game guy, getting him to play 450hours of Forza Horizon might be tricky :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/07/2020 at 12:07, dave7g said:

I had no idea the old GTAs that came out on 360 were so much improved from the PS2 versions. Everything is better about them. Well worth getting if you have a hankering to drive a truck at night in the rain listening to "all my ex's live in Texas"

 

They did a nice job and I completely missed them until now.

 

Unfortunately my impression of the 360 remastered version of San Andreas was that it was pretty buggy. There aren't many specific bugs I could point to that I encountered, apart from minor audio issues with the radio stations (mostly involving announcer transitions): it was mostly just a general impression of lots of niggly little issues that made the whole thing feel like it wasn't very polished, and made me wish I was playing the PS2 original instead.

 

Here's a list of numerous bugs that people have found:

 

https://www.reddit.com/r/GTA/comments/8pt9ct/gta_san_andreas_xbox_2005_original_vs_2014/ (NSFW screenshot at the top of the post)

 

https://gtaforums.com/topic/744100-san-andreas-xbox-360-list-of-issues/

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/07/2020 at 14:24, Robsk1 said:

Hi. I’ve got a second hand One X coming my way and have a few questions.
 

I’ve had a PS4 for a while but fancied a Xbox for a couple of years before I update to next Gen. I’ve got a few games coming... 

930AC956-2C67-4828-8807-964076EE3443.jpeg.5ae7d43f91fa311c9ecc43ed5b2e839f.jpeg

mostly not my thing or I’ve completed on PS4 but I’ll be keeping hold of AC odyssey, Doom and possibly South Park. Any recommendations of others to keep or to pick? I prefer my driving games to be less serious so Forza is going.

 

I’ll be getting Masterchief collection as I’m a big fan of Halo. 


The package comes with an Elite 1 controller as well as a standard one, is it worth keeping? I don’t get the time to game as much as used to so I’m sure the standard pad is good enough. 


I’ve not had XB since the 360, my gamer I’d is still there and I’ve logged on. All the old digital games I bought on the 360, are they gone for good?
 

Thanks.

 

 

That's a good set of games that you got there, Doom in particular is fantastic (IMO)!

 

Are you familiar with the GamePass subscription? If not then take a read up on it (think Netflix for games) as it's amazing VFM, oh and you'll be glad to hear that the Masterchief collection is available on it :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have set my xbox one to be in "always on" mode so that it autoupdates the OS and games etc.

 

It mostly works but usually it doesn't work for Fortnite (and occasionally other games) which causes great wailing and gnashing of teeth from my son when he goes to play and it says it has to update :D

 

Is there another setting to tell it to definitely do ALL game updates regardless of how often they are used etc

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.