Xbox One Console Thread

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

I don’t think so. It never appeared after it downloaded. I just launched it from the Ready to Start notification. A few restarts later and it seems to have appeared, fortunately. 

I now seem to be having an issue with my One X where a specific bit in Destiny 2 (Nessus - The Captain mission) makes it switch off and then say it’s overheated. When I go to check the console it’s not particularly warm and I can play plenty of D2 without issue - it’s only that level that seems to make it crash. I wonder if the thing is on its way out. 

I had a similar problem with Journey to the Savage Planet. It would shut down my console and say it had overheated. I have an infra red thermometer and checked the temperature during normal use, and after those crashes and there was no difference. I think you'll be ok.

3 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Just over a week ago, what a mess of marketing and messaging this has been. 

That's a good insight into how recently they decided to delay.

15 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Ultimate edition of FH3 is on sale for £18 so fill your boots if you have't got it. Worth it for the Hot Wheels pack alone.

Is it likely they'll just put this on Games with Gold in September?

28 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Insider preview? 

Oh, I didn't think about that. I guess so then if nobody else has mentioned it. Anyway, it looks pretty smart, it's easy for me to parse and feels a bit snappier. 

38 minutes ago, Quest said:

That's a very good question. The answer is maybe, I'd definitely buy the expansion pass at the very least because that won't be given away as it's not included in the Ultimate version in the first place :/

4 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

The Season pass which includes the two expansions has 70% off.

Yeah, I was trying to find the best way for a friend to buy it and it seems standard ed + expansion pass is the way to go.

20 hours ago, Revival said:

Xbox Spain tweeted and then deleted there will be an Ultimate Game sale starting tomorrow the 14th through to the 24th.

And it's live. Bulletstorm for 3 quid?! Yes fucking please!

On 13/08/2020 at 09:47, Quest said:

It's pretty likely, they gave away 1 and put 2 on gold as I recall.

I wasn't sure where to post this but bargain hunters might have a mental list of things they intend to pick up, which is what I do. Anyone who hasn't bought Control yet might like to hold off a bit longer, even if you spot a bargain price - there's a version that comes out soon with the dlc bundled in and only that release is getting a patch for Series X. People who have bought the original release are locked out. :(

I hope this means the update will be significant, I'm going to hang on further to see. 

https://www.windowscentral.com/control-ultimate-edition-announced-free-upgrade-xbox-series-x-and-ps5

On 01/08/2020 at 09:25, Quest said:

Dontnod seem Perfect for Game Pass™ in many ways, so hopefully this works out well for them. Life is Strange 2 didn't seem to generate half as much buzz as the first series, sadly.

I just didn't get the same feeling as the first one.   Maybe the time rewind feature helped.  I think I'm on the second episode with not a lot of energy to keep going. 

There was a discussion in the LIS thread but you're not alone there.  Loved 1, adored BtS, didn't finish episode 1 of 2.

Conversely plenty of people did have counter arguments.

So after 7 years without playing a console game I've bought an Xbox one. Have I missed much?

I'm actually being half serious, I've got GTA 5 for now and I want RD2 at some point, but what are the best racing games these days?

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

So after 7 years without playing a console game I've bought an Xbox one. Have I missed much?

I'm actually being half serious, I've got GTA 5 for now and I want RD2 at some point, but what are the best racing games these days?

Yeah, the Horizons although if you're starting now Horizon 3 is very much reduced because they can't sell it after next month.

26 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Yeah, the Horizons although if you're starting now Horizon 3 is very much reduced because they can't sell it after next month.

I'm hoping Horizon 3 is offered on Gold next month for that reason, its the only one I haven't played.