Xbox One Console Thread

Give it a week and the rarity of those achievements will drop as more people play. As an example just look at the ratio for Episode 1, around half that have played that episode completed it. 

On that note its shocking how many people never buy or bother with DLC for games and that is always clear in Achievement/Trophy unlock ratios.

Playing Forza Horizon 3 and the Blizzard mountain expansion and all of the related achievements are rare (and none of them are particularly hard to unlock).

Interesting retrospective on the Xbox One by Polygon

https://www.polygon.com/xbox/2020/9/9/21401034/xbox-review-2020

The Xbox One has been a messy, disappointing, often frustrating gizmo, but it also, in hindsight, is an exciting misfire that inspired brilliant ideas across the gaming and tech worlds. And it has bridged the gap between the past and the future of the medium.

Article also reflects on the loss of Kinect (and its bad implementation), TV and app integration, the "always online" fiasco and the push for all digital. 

Anyone selling their console to prep for the next gen?

CEX are giving £182 cash for a 1TB One X, which seems great.

The only issue is my controller sync button on the console doesn't work. But it can be synced via USB cable. I don't wanna bother taking it in if they'll refuse it on that basis. Don't suppose anyone's got any experience of this incredibly niche issue?

32 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Anyone selling their console to prep for the next gen?

CEX are giving £182 cash for a 1TB One X, which seems great.

The only issue is my controller sync button on the console doesn't work. But it can be synced via USB cable. I don't wanna bother taking it in if they'll refuse it on that basis. Don't suppose anyone's got any experience of this incredibly niche issue?

Depends if they test it. It’s possibly niche enough that they won’t.

I need to offload my One X as well, so I’m playing through a few PS4 games until the Series X launches.

Anyone know how much I could reasonably expect to get for mine without a controller? It’s boxed and in perfect condition with all the cables, just the controller missing.

So my refurbed Xbox one from music magpie has died, well the power unit has. My old Xboxes still work, so I'm pretty disappointed.

Just going to get a refund, these new consoles aren't for me really, too much time needed and all this online nonsense and updates piss me off, and now I can afford another holiday.

I've one gamertag and two pads, and I'd like to permanently swap L3 and R3 on one of them. I can't, can I?

The quickest way I've found is to bind this swap to a profile, and then manually sign in P2 to my gamertag after every boot, with both pads sharing that profile. Or I can make one pad a guest and give it a separate profile (ideal!), but it doesn't save that between boots.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/09/2020 at 07:12, Pete said:

Just going to get a refund, these new consoles aren't for me really, too much time needed and all this online nonsense and updates piss me off, and now I can afford another holiday.

Better get the holiday in quickly incoming lockdown.... Or just buy an old console with a stack of games....

8 hours ago, MattyP said:

Better get the holiday in quickly incoming lockdown.... Or just buy an old console with a stack of games....

Well music magpie have returned it apparently after fixing, so I might keep it after all.

The new store seems like it might be genuinely good. Loads way quicker and it doesn't seem like it needs to be restarted in order to get it to refresh properly. It's good that they have finally gotten it to the point of being decent. 

The new store update seems to have messed up the residual balance on my Turkey account. It reverts to the balance before the store update went through when trying to buy anything from the Microsoft website. After a brief panic that I’d wasted £35 on Turkey store credit I realised it’s fine if you change the region on your console and access the store on your console. I hope this isn’t Microsoft clamping down on the foreign country loophole.

12 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

It's been like that for ages though hasn't it? When using the site you have to use a VPN to use country the credit is from.

You only need a VPN for a handful of countries (Turkey, Argentina and possibly Brazil) and you only need it to add the credit. Anyhow this was after I’d added the credit using the VPN. It just reverted to showing the old residual balance and asking for payment details when I went to buy something.

Music magpie sent me another, I know it's not the same as it's had "nickolodean cart racers" in the disc drive. Any good?

Got that goose game while I wait for the other games to download, what a joy it is being an annoying goose.

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to have hit the storage limit of Xbox Capture uploads. They don't tell you what the limit is, just that you need to delete stuff. :wacko:

Does anyone know of a quick and easy way of browsing and bulk deleting stuff? I've got stuff going back to 2015 but both the app and console are slow as anything when it comes to deleting them.

16 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I seem to have hit the storage limit of Xbox Capture uploads. They don't tell you what the limit is, just that you need to delete stuff. :wacko:

Does anyone know of a quick and easy way of browsing and bulk deleting stuff? I've got stuff going back to 2015 but both the app and console are slow as anything when it comes to deleting them.

Have you tried here? https://gamerdvr.com 

should have all your stuff listed

@HarryBizzle I had to edit as I missed an R out, just in case you saw the pre-edit!

3 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

its a real shame, I couldn't bring myself to delete Battlefield Bad Company 2 videos.  Filter by size/4k as i had some from when i got my one x and they are massive. 

I have an e105 error yet again. It seems to last less time now between e105 errors and when I reinstall it's ok for a while although I think load times are longer. I suspect the hard drive is dying as it now lasts 2 to 3 weeks between reinstalls. If I upgrade the drive to a larger drive do I simply need to partition it correctly or do I need to copy something off the original drive. If anyone has done this your advice is welcome.

I was considering sending it in for repair  but it was almost the same price as a new one (when they were still available at  least) so in the worst case I will buy one second hand if I have to.