Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

It's not DOA, that's for sure. It could come out first and at a lower price than PS4. That's a good start.

For now...

It's fucking massive.

I want nothing to do with Kinect. Never did.

I was already in the minority of those who preferred the Dualshock. I don't see that changing.

PS4 is supposedly more powerful.

I'm assuming the 2nd hand thing extends to Lovefilm rentals.

PS+

Balls to all that media stuff.

I made my demands for new Banjo-Kazooie perfectly clear.

Will PS4 have RPGs? Does anyone still make them?

Several of the developers shown off at Sony's event are JRPG developers who have been making games for Playstation since the Ps1.

Square have also promised a Final Fantasy announcement for E3.

This all ties in with what i've been saying on here for ages - half of the stuff people buy today is utterly fucking pointless! People just buy new stuff for the sake of it.

I've not suddenly forgotten the Wii-U thread ya know! "I'm sat browsing the net and watching Youtube vids on my 2nd screen"! "I'm playing on my 2nd screen, whilst on the toilet"! "This social media stuff is the best thing since sliced bread". "Wow! The Wii-U controller actually works as a TV remote"! "Can't wait to watch movies on this 2nd screen", etc etc etc. As i say........totally pointless! Its like companies have ran out of original ideas, so they're now combining loads of old ideas, to make 1 not really new at all idea. Welcome to the next gen!

Wii U stuff was new functionality. My kids play games and watch movies on that second screen all the time.

Switching inputs between your existing devices isn't new. There's already a button on the remote that does that. I'd rather press that button than speak out loud or wave my arm.

Not every novelty takes off.

Has anything come out about the kinnect sensor about the size of room, we have a relatively small living room approx. 4mx4m and by the time you have the sofa opposite the tv the kinnect sensor can not pick us up fully - it worked better when it was higher up but we have a lower tv stand now...

Basically integrating it that much is a good thing if everytone can use it - Tracy has loads of kinnect games, dance ones etc but at the moment all unusable so she plays the wii ones, about to trade in Just dance 4 kinnet for the wii u version.

A wider lens could solve that but without it dogs or no dogs im currently out, PS4 with the One pad please!

Has anything come out about the kinnect sensor about the size of room, we have a relatively small living room approx. 4mx4m and by the time you have the sofa opposite the tv the kinnect sensor can not pick us up fully - it worked better when it was higher up but we have a lower tv stand now...

Rumours said that it has a wider-angle lens, so it works in a smaller space.

I just remembered that part where they talked about Smartglass as if it was some kind of huge popular phenomenon.

I think I used it once after installing it on my phone.

I actually just thought there "What is smartglass" which shows how ubiqitous it is...

From Engadget.

"We purposefully did not target the highest end graphics. We targeted it more as a broad entertainment play."

"(Microsoft wouldn't give us specifics other than to say, "The system is designed for an SoC up to about 100W, but will vary on the scenario.")"

For comparison's sake: this is slightly above the power draw of the current Xbox 360 Slim and PS3 Slim

I guess this is the weird live action/game footage Quantum Break thing explained.

"UPDATE 2: Quantum Break appears to blend a live action TV show with a video game, with actions in one affecting the other. Microsoft's Xbox One press release calls it "a revolutionary entertainment experience... that blurs the line between gaming and TV by integrating drama and gameplay into one seamless, uniquely immersive experience. How you play the game impacts the show, and the show informs how you play the game." Defiance, anyone?"

'Putting the TV back into your gaming'

I guess this is the weird live action/game footage Quantum Break thing explained.

"UPDATE 2: Quantum Break appears to blend a live action TV show with a video game, with actions in one affecting the other. Microsoft's Xbox One press release calls it "a revolutionary entertainment experience... that blurs the line between gaming and TV by integrating drama and gameplay into one seamless, uniquely immersive experience. How you play the game impacts the show, and the show informs how you play the game." Defiance, anyone?"

'Putting the TV back into your gaming'

I think that's wanky marketing speak for 'it's like The Walking Dead and Heavy Rain, except with FMV'.

Which, admittedly, sounds amazing.

and who do you think is more likely to be watching out of those two groups?

I'll be honest, i have no idea anymore! Times have changed. I know loads of people with Wiis, PS3s, 360s, none of them are out and out gamers. They play a bit of GT, a bit of Forza, a bit of Mario Kart, watch I-Player and the odd film etc. Its these people that the conferences are aimed at. Maybe they watch them i don't know?

Either way, the info gets out there. If Microsoft or whoever just showed a reel of games, like in the old days then, i'm sure people on gaming forums would be happy but, those people are now in the minority when it comes to gaming.

I really don't know how I feel about the event. I laughed out loud at the name announcement of Xbox One though, even Infinity, 720 and Durango seem more appealing.

I kinda like the look of the box and controller, but honestly can't see myself talking to an xbox and opening a web browser whilst watching a film. Wont ever use it for watching TV on either thanks, I have a Sky box for that.

Its's down to the games for me, whichever has the best looking new IP's/exclusives.