Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

I wonder if he saw a glimpse of the Halo 5 trailer and thought it was Prince of Persia. I thought it was Prince of Persia at first!

A new PoP is apparently in development. Announcements are shuffled around all the time. We were informed that a big AAA sequel would be announced at Gamescom, but that was delayed to early next year at the last minute. It happens.

A new PoP is apparently in development. Announcements are shuffled around all the time. We were informed that a big AAA sequel would be announced at Gamescom, but that was delayed to early next year at the last minute. It happens.

Yep. I don't put too much credence in the stuff CBOAT says, sometimes he's bang-on and sometimes he's way off, but I do think most of it has a nugget of truth in. I assume the guy is placed somewhere in the industry where he hears juicy rumours all the time, and he's simply passing on what he's told. Sometimes they're exaggerated or the specifics are wrong, but there's normally something there.

The stuff about RROD2 and upclocks putting the system at risk sound a bit fanciful, not even Microsoft are that suicidal. I'll believe it when I see it.

One very, very interesting thing.

When talking about Microsoft, he said "this place is nuts". He seems to have let slip that he works for MS.

I wonder if he saw a glimpse of the Halo 5 trailer and thought it was Prince of Persia. I thought it was Prince of Persia at first!

720p/900p is not great news, but it only really matters (and only to some people) if it can't hold parity with the PS4 on multiplatform games. I personally think there's a big difference between 720 and 1080p, which I've shown in screenshots before (over in the Driveclub thread) but others don't care at all. It'll be interesting to see the internal resolution, framerates and general graphics "settings" on all the cross-gen stuff from platform to platform in a few weeks.

I think the reason people don't really see a difference because of current gen, when you switch input from 720p to 1080p theres no visible difference on current games (that I have seen) but going forward there will be IMO.

When talking about Microsoft, he said "this place is nuts". He seems to have let slip that he works for MS.

Maybe he meant Neogaf?!

Anyway, it's pretty obvious there is chaos at MS, massive u-turns, Mattrick leaving, Balmer on the way out, pretty much every single consumer facing product they've made since 360 being a failure...

I think the reason people don't really see a difference because of current gen, when you switch input from 720p to 1080p theres no visible difference on current games (that I have seen) but going forward there will be IMO.

I can't say I agree with this. I play all my PC games at 1368*768 because my graphics card can't pump out 60fps at 1920*1080. However, sometime I bump the resolution up to 1080p to take some screenshots or something, and honestly, playing on a 42" LCD from a few feet away, I cannot make out the difference between the two resolutions, and I especially can't when playing the games. This resolution stuff just won't be noticable to about 99% of the buying public, IMO.

Resolutions are a lot more forgiving on TV's I think which is why it's not always so noticable (sitting distance from screen, scalers etc).

A lot of PC monitors, not so much. A game running on my 1080p native monitor looks noticably better at 1080p than if I run it at 720p.

Resolutions are a lot more forgiving on TV's I think which is why it's not always so noticable (sitting distance from screen, scalers etc).

A lot of PC monitors, not so much. A game running on my 1080p native monitor looks noticably better at 1080p than if I run it at 720p.

Exactly. In real world situations, in someone's front room, people just won't notice if something is running at 1080p or 900p or even 720p. It just won't make a difference to the vast majority.

See my post in the driveclub thread (linked in a post of mine earlier today)

Couple of Interface video's from the Xbox Youtube Channel

Multiplayer

Friend Lists

Ack! Those features get on my fat tits. They really do.

First and foremost I want to play my shiny new games,

and not shout or scroll my way through pages of statistic screens and recorded videos.

Is this Really what the next gen is all about?

I'm not actually bothered what my friends are playing. EVER.

...well let's just say it's not important to me.

I'm much more comfortable booting chosen game from my collection that I want to play there and then.

Sure , I'll probably end up playing randoms But there's usually a friend or two playing the same game.

It's more natural.

Those videos methods are forced and not fun. Social features made by People who think they know what we want.

Friends app looks like a reskin of the Windows 8 people app, which is exactly what I expected.

Not trolling, I think it looks horrible. But, that's because it reminds me of the excruciating front-end Microsoft have forced onto all of their hosted services and business software. It looks a fair bit like the rubbish new Office 365 admin console :lol:

On the plus side, I have to commend them for maintaining an identity throughout all their new products, which is something they've historically been bad at. I don't like it personally (I'd probably like it a lot more if it didn't cause me major headaches in my day-to-day job) but you can at least take one glance at it and think "Microsoft", which means they've built some strong recognition there.

and not shout or scroll my way through pages of statistic screens and recorded videos.

...well let's just say it's not important to me.

I'm much mire comfortable booting I'm a game I want to play there and then. Sure , I'll probably end up playing randoms

But there's usually a friend or two playing the sane game,

It's more natural. Those videos methods are forced and not fun.

I'm sure there's plenty of ways to find friends through the dashboard or in game. May as well show the dashboard way since that'll be standard I guess. I prefer finding friends in game too, but my kids have a look to see what their mates are playing and then stick the same game in. Everyone's happy!

Friends app looks like a reskin of the Windows 8 people app, which is exactly what I expected.

Not trolling, I think it looks horrible. But, that's because it reminds me of the excruciating front-end Microsoft have forced onto all of their hosted services and business software. It looks a fair bit like the rubbish new Office 365 admin console :lol:

On the plus side, I have to commend them for maintaining an identity throughout all their new products, which is something they've historically been bad at. I don't like it personally (I'd probably like it a lot more if it didn't cause me major headaches in my day-to-day job) but you can at least take one glance at it and think "Microsoft", which means they've built some strong recognition there.

Preorder stands?

You are not forced to use them, he even tells you in the video you can block all of the followers features.

You can play your games while ignoring the friends list.

Some people are if not the majority, I definitely am, me and my friends often jump onto the same game.

I'm much mire comfortable booting I'm a game I want to play there and then. Sure , I'll probably end up playing randoms

But there's usually a friend or two playing the sane game,

It's more natural. Those videos methods are forced and not fun.

None of these methods are forced, you can ignore it all and the features, block the followers and you have a simple friends list.

Moaning for the sake of moaning.

No it's not moaning Barry!

I don't have any use for social media guff on the Current Xbox let alone the super enhanced one.

I want a box that plays games and has access for casual multiplayer gaming.

And that's about it. Nothing more nothing less.

I totally get that these features can be turned off, it's just that I'm not buying them in the first instance!!!

I see a video of coool people making hand gestures and chatting about interesting features that mean nothing in particular to me. - I just want to boot a game and shoot people in the head, or drive a car into oncoming traffic, or fight a large Dragon.

No it's not moaning Barry!

I don't have any use for social media guff on the Current Xbox let alone the super enhanced one.

I want a box that plays games and has access for casual multiplayer gaming.

And that's about it.

Well that's how it came across.

What social media guff on the current Xbox? There's a friends list, Ability to see if a friend is online/what they are playing and the option of joining. Party chat, Private chat or just plain old multiplayer. All of the features outclassing anything the PS3 has ever been capable of.

You don't have to use any of that, that's the beauty of options is that they are just that.

There are options for Facebook and MSN on these consoles as I remember. Never gone near em :)

I just hate it on the current consoles when you get online, and are barraged by friends saying ..

Ooh great you've been online for one second..! Quick lets play Fifa or Call OF Duty! Come on quickly let's go!

And they get all disheartened when you reply back...Erm no, I want to play Skyrim instead.

Thank god for the show offline function I say :)

There are options for Facebook and MSN on these consoles as I remember. Never gone near em :)

I just hate it on the current consoles when you get online, and are barraged by friends saying ..

Ooh great you've been online for one second..! Quick lets play Fifa or Call OF Duty! Come on quickly let's go!

And they get all disheartened when you reply back...Erm no, I want to play Skyrim instead.

Thank god for the show offline function I say :)

Exactly, no need to use them - I haven't used Facebook/Twitter, MSN on the xbox they don't have a place on a console IMO either.

Well that's not the features of the console at fault in that example and as you say appear offline solves your problem.

So from the sounds of that first video, if I set my brother's Xbox One to be my Home Console, and he sets my Xbox One to be his Home Console, we can carry on sharing games like we currently do? I guess that takes the place of "this game/content is available to all users of this console, and the purchasing profile on any console" then.

If you are referring to consoles, the explanation for that would be because the framebuffer is usually barely 720p native as is, whacking up the output resolution isn't going to make a difference to those games as the native resolution isn't being increased as a result. Look up the difference it can make with the Dark Souls PC port mod or uprendered last generation console games with some bling applied. Way cleaner and sharper image.

The secret sauce and eSRAM was meant to close the gap with the PS4, but it seems the lack of native grunt has spoiled that hope. Every single PS4 game with a known confirmed framebuffer can manage 1080p, though I'm sure some games will be sub-1080p, even on PS4.