Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

Well yeah, of course it's about Xbox One promotion aimed at early adopters. Specifically BF players.

Also, I think it's just a bit tongue in cheek. I don't think having a bit of harmless fun paints MS or the One in a bad light at all.

It's just a shame most of the forum MP crowd seem to be going PS4 in the meantime.

Maybe because the controller is better, and with all that extra power, most multi-plat titles have a good chance of running better, for an entire generation. A console is for life, not just for launch window.

I honestly cannot see how people don't see the same fuckers that come into the thread to purposely shit this thread up. People really go out of their way to downplay the positives which is annoying. I'm not even buying one. I only go into the ps4 thread to shit that up when some fucker shits the xbone one. Tit for tat.

+'d for what it's worth.

Can you lot grow a sense of humour.

99.9% of people haven't even tried either controller yet, The symmetrical analogue stick layout will never be a better option for fast paced FPS games.

I've tried both and the Xbox One pad is much, much worse than the DualShock4. Or, the DualShock4 is much, much better than the Xbox One pad. Whichever you prefer.

I've tried both and the Xbox One pad is much, much worse than the DualShock4. Or, the DualShock4 is much, much better than the Xbox One pad. Whichever you prefer.

And what about for prolonged play ie not just 5-10 minutes at an expo?

99.9% of people haven't even tried either controller yet, The symmetrical analogue stick layout will never be a better option for fast paced FPS games.

I've played with both. I genuinely believe the DS4 is the better pad. It feels so much more solid and the triggers are perfect.

The Xbox one isn't shit, it's just not as good as the 360 pad. The sticks feel tiny under your thumbs, the bumpers are odd and it just feels a bit cheap over all. But it works and it's certainly better than the DS3 which most were able to game with.

Out of curiosity, do you mainly play a PS3 this gen? Or both maybe?

I've always found the PS pads a bit crampy but loved them for PS2 pro evo/Tony Hawk somehow.

Maybe because the controller is better, and with all that extra power, most multi-plat titles have a good chance of running better, for an entire generation. A console is for life, not just for launch window.

I love the insinuation that I'm the one being short sighted, when you're talking about a console that currently only has a handful of exclusive games lined up for the next year. I personally like to buy consoles when there's something to play on them, rather than as some weird property-style investment.

I'll get a PS4 eventually, probably when Naughty Dog show their hand, but at the moment it seems a bit pointless to me.

Well yeah, of course it's about Xbox One promotion aimed at early adopters. Specifically BF players.

Also, I think it's just a bit tongue in cheek. I don't think having a bit of harmless fun paints MS or the One in a bad light at all.

It's a bit wacky uncle at family gathering, that's all :lol:

As far as pads go, I've seen, read or heard probably lots of people who have played with both say they prefer the DS4 over the Xbox One pad. And maybe a couple going the other way. This is from all sorts of sources - youtube videos, podcasts, this very forum, previews etc. The important thing is that they'll both be fit for use and one is no longer crippled. The Xbone has the rumble triggers (hmm) and the PS4 has the touchpad (hmm), both of which have yet to prove useful.

The Valve controller will probably stomp them both anyhow, that thing looks ace.

Okay let's go with this pad thing and accept that the DS4 is the pinnacle of pad design to date.

Are those who have tried both able to explain how exactly the bone pad is worse than the 360 one and which improvements have made it worse.

I understand the shoulder buttons have a noticeable click , the sticks are looser and the d pad hasn't improved much. Meanwhile the official MS blurb claims 40 improvements mainly aimed at increasing the level of precision combined with the ability to change settings and button setups to match the person holding the pad.

Add in the rumble trigger feedback and it's hard to accept that the new pad is significantly less than what we are currently used to. MS have also done extensive long term quality testing according to their promo videos around E3.

I'm not going to lie, the DS3 was a massive reason I barely touched my PS3 - even games I thought looked amazing and excited me as soon as I thought about the DS3 I just resisted temptation. The 360 was my go to console for almost all gaming this gen and a lot had to do with the pad.

Now I know a lot of people may find it hard to take with people with hands on experience (from what I have seen) heavily leaning towards the DS4 as the better pad but I don't see this as a bad thing.

Now the XB1 pad might or might not be as good as the DS4 but at least we know as an evolution of the 360 pad it's going to be at the very least acceptable to game on for next gen. The rumble triggers are really getting me excited to play.

I am also genuinely excited that Sony has developed what people are saying an awesome pad, it means I don't have to miss out and possibly multiplats will be on my PS4 - who'd have thought!!

Either way it's win win, both consoles have been reported to have good pads. Whether one is slightly better at least everyone should be comfortable with them (or I hope).

:lol: I think this is the most ridiculous statement I've ever read about the pros and cons of the differences in stick placement. I guess the Steam controller is already doomed then.

I found that one annoying change of the One controller is the joint on the inside of both bumpers, so you have to press them on the outside now. With longer fingers this is a bit uncomfortable.

:lol: I think this is the most ridiculous statement I've ever read about the pros and cons of the differences in stick placement. I guess the Steam controller is already doomed then.

I found that one annoying change of the One controller is the joint on the inside of both bumpers, so you have to press them on the outside now. With longer fingers this is a bit uncomfortable.

Considering I've gotten cramp in every revision of the Dualshock when using that layout as it is below the balance point of the controller then I don't find it that ridiculous. It's a layout I've always found damn uncomfortable and unnatural.

Considering I've gotten cramp in every revision of the Dualshock when using that layout as it is below the balance point of the controller then I don't find it that ridiculous. It's a layout I've always found damn uncomfortable and unnatural.

When you're talking about the earlier DualShock controllers I can understand that, but that has nothing to do with the symmetry of the sticks. The DS4 already solves that problem with the longer handles.

Okay let's go with this pad thing and accept that the DS4 is the pinnacle of pad design to date.

Are those who have tried both able to explain how exactly the bone pad is worse than the 360 one and which improvements have made it worse.

I understand the shoulder buttons have a noticeable click , the sticks are looser and the d pad hasn't improved much. Meanwhile the official MS blurb claims 40 improvements mainly aimed at increasing the level of precision combined with the ability to change settings and button setups to match the person holding the pad.

Add in the rumble trigger feedback and it's hard to accept that the new pad is significantly less than what we are currently used to. MS have also done extensive long term quality testing according to their promo videos around E3.

I've tried in the past but the views get rubbished.

The new Xbone pad just doesn't feel right. I found it cramped and my hands felt like they were at a strange angle while holding it. Difficult to describe really. The sticks seems smaller and the triggers/bumper buttons are close together with no pronounced gap to differentiate the bumper and the trigger. Strange design choice for me personally.

I guess we're all used to the 360 pad and so anything new is going to feel odd, especially when its something similar. Which is fine, but the DS4 just felt instantly perfect. I'm sure I'll find some fault at some point (maybe), but I did have about 2 hours with the DS4 at Gamescom and couldn't fault it at all.

Now you're welcome to take that on board or ignore me because I just happen to prefer the opposition ;)

With the 360 pad, your hands more or less sit straight against the sides which allows your fingers to move between the triggers and the bumpers. With the Xbox One pad your hands now sit at more of an angle, pushing yours hands and trigger fingers closer. I found that it makes it uncomfortable to reach up to the bumper from the trigger. You can feel it straight away, so not sure why it was designed like that. There's every chance you'll get used to it though. The DS4 just feels right immediately.