Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

the xbone pad does seem very lame, but you know within 3 months third party pads will be out fixing this stuff. i used to be averse to them, but theyve saved the ps3 for me. im certain there'll be a 360 style pad for the xbone within 6 months tops, and an asymmetrical stick pad for the ps4.

With the 360 pad, your hands more or less sit straight against the sides which allows your fingers to move between the triggers and the bumpers. With the Xbox One pad your hands now sit at more of an angle, pushing yours hands and trigger fingers closer. I found that it makes it uncomfortable to reach up to the bumper from the trigger. You can feel it straight away, so not sure why it was designed like that. There's every chance you'll get used to it though. The DS4 just feels right immediately.

How did you feel about the DS3?

Considering I've gotten cramp in every revision of the Dualshock when using that layout as it is below the balance point of the controller then I don't find it that ridiculous. It's a layout I've always found damn uncomfortable and unnatural.

I think you just needed to add "for me" at the end of your original statement; there are presumably many people who don't feel that the symmetrical stick design is a worse option. I certainly prefer the 360 controller over the DS3, but for me the right stick becomes uncomfortable after prolonged periods. I'd prefer a Wii U Pro controller-style stick arrangement, but that has it's own problems.

Okay let's go with this pad thing and accept that the DS4 is the pinnacle of pad design to date.

Are those who have tried both able to explain how exactly the bone pad is worse than the 360 one and which improvements have made it worse.

I understand the shoulder buttons have a noticeable click , the sticks are looser and the d pad hasn't improved much. Meanwhile the official MS blurb claims 40 improvements mainly aimed at increasing the level of precision combined with the ability to change settings and button setups to match the person holding the pad.

Add in the rumble trigger feedback and it's hard to accept that the new pad is significantly less than what we are currently used to. MS have also done extensive long term quality testing according to their promo videos around E3.

The DS4 will never be the pinnacle af design because the analogues are STILL in the wrong place. People are trolling with the pad, apart from the bumpers being a bit clicky the XB1 pad is spot on.

Well maybe the wave of anti MS sentiment has led to some reports over criticising the pad in the same manner it has led to you continually posting the same old shit again and again in the wrong thread.

I always imagine you're sobbing when you write stuff like this.

Well maybe the wave of anti MS sentiment has led to some reports over criticising the pad in the same manner it has led to you continually posting the same old shit again and again in the wrong thread.

Yes I must never write about the One in the One thread, that would be silly. And every journalist who wasn't gushing about the pad is just riding the wave of anti-MS sentiment. You're spot on as usual squire.

the xbone pad does seem very lame, but you know within 3 months third party pads will be out fixing this stuff. i used to be averse to them, but theyve saved the ps3 for me. im certain there'll be a 360 style pad for the xbone within 6 months tops, and an asymmetrical stick pad for the ps4.

Does seem to be very lame? What game did you play to give you that impression?

I've used both pads briefly and they are both absolutely fine. Hopefully some more of us will gets hands on with the bone over the next couple of weeks at the London / Manchester event, so any problems with it can be more accurately reported.

Does anyone know why the DS3 wasn't redesigned? The original massive Xbox one was, after all.

5 weeks to go!

KriessG vs Boozy is pretty much PS4 vs XBOne

Stealth 'Kriess is awesome, Boozy is drunk on former glories' post.

This would have held more water if every post you'd made over the last five or so pages hadn't been about the PS4.

Hardly. If I bring it up in comparison, there is a reason.

Guys I'm just angry at MS for screwing the pooch so bad. I have loved my 360 for the majority of this gen, and my multiple Xbox, er, 1's, plus the fact I worked for MS this gen for a while means I so wanted the One to be awesome. You'll all have the last laugh anyway, I'm a hardware collector and will no doubt buy a One at some point.

The DS4 will never be the pinnacle af design because the analogues are STILL in the wrong place. People are trolling with the pad, apart from the bumpers being a bit clicky the XB1 pad is spot on.

Absolutely no trolling from me.

The XB1 pad is a step back in my opinion, apart from the rumble triggers which are pretty cool. The triggers themselves were uncomfortable for me as they come to a point at then end, which is where my finger rests. The sticks were the biggest disappointment as they really do feel too small under my thumb.

The DS4 is the closest thing to 360 pad in terms of comfort. Whether it's better than the 360 pad, i'm not so sure yet but I found it to be the far superior pad out of the two new ones.

Strangely, the only place where I've heard the One pad is worse than the 360's is from people on this forum. Not that I'm doubting this fine forum's opinion, but going by the next gen poll it does seem predominantly pro-PS4. Coincidence? Paranoia? Who knows.

Anyway, it does seem like the PS4 pad is a huge leap above the DS3 and if the One pad is as good, if not better than the 360 pad then that's good news too.

I don't really see what's left to argue about then. They're both going to be perfectly competent pads, so that's one thing we can get out of the way now.

Right?