Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

Are those who have tried both able to explain how exactly the bone pad is worse than the 360 one and which improvements have made it worse.

Apart from the things i've mentioned, the biggest disappointment is that it feels kind of hollow. It reminds me of the six axis that shipped with the launch PS3s (although the design is better). When you squeeze it you can hear the plastic moving. The texture isn't that nice to hold (the DS4 feels fantastic in this respect). It's the difference between say and iPhone in terms of feel and a cheap android phone.

But as I say, you'll be able to play game with it no problem. There's no game breaking thing about it, it just lacks the quality of its competitor and its previous iteration. That is if the ones used at expos etc are the actual ones shipping with the machine.

Strangely, the only place where I've heard the One pad is worse than the 360's is from people on this forum. Not that I'm doubting this fine forum's opinion, but going by the next gen poll it does seem predominantly pro-PS4. Coincidence? Paranoia? Who knows.

It might be down to the fact that we're all just so used to the 360 pad by now, but I honestly didn't like the changes that they made. I'm getting a PS4 but I didn't make that decision for certain until I used both the pads and the DS4 tipped me over the edge.

Shopto have just announced they have more Day One editions available to preorder should anyone that missed out be looking for one !

http://www.shopto.net/product/search/genre/HARDWARE/platform/xbox_one

Gah, it's tempting, because the £75 it will no doubt be cheaper by next summer is at least partially made up for by Forza 5.

But spending £800 on consoles in one month? Crazy.

It's a bit ostentatious; reminds of the violators you get during American TV. Not that it really matters, just seems like its presence on screen could be streamlined.

More importantly, hopefully Achievements have a different audio cue to other notifications. On 360 the shared noise made things like Friends coming online way more distracting than they needed to be.

It's a bit ostentatious; reminds of the violators you get during American TV. Not that it really matters, just seems like its presence on screen could be streamlined.

More importantly, hopefully Achievements have a different audio cue to other notifications. On 360 the shared noise made things like Friends coming online way more distracting than they needed to be.

I think that's probably the most irritating thing about the 360 if you're a bit of an achievement whore. Especially when you're going for something grindy like killing 500 dudes or playing for 25 hours, every time a friend signs in there's that split-second of "OMG, FINALLY!" and then dejection

Strangely, the only place where I've heard the One pad is worse than the 360's is from people on this forum. Not that I'm doubting this fine forum's opinion, but going by the next gen poll it does seem predominantly pro-PS4. Coincidence? Paranoia? Who knows.

There were quite a few gaming sites of repute which made comment on it too. I can't remember which now, it's been a while. I'm sure it's fine though, I really do. No one said it's horrible or anything. I'm sure I'll own a few some day.

Yeah, I watched that recently and doesn't he come to the conclusion that it's equal, if not better, to the 360 pad, but he prefers the DS4 nonetheless?

Surely it's a good thing that the controller (aside from the symmetry deniers) is no longer a deciding factor? Both have great controllers. Hurray. Both are powerful. Hurray. Both have fantastic and equal 3rd party support. Hurray!

So any choice between them largely comes down to lifetime exclusives and online experience (as launch price is irrelevant over 10 years).

And that is a tough call, with lots of pros both sides.

Moral: Good time time to be a console gamer innit?

Surely it's a good thing that the controller (aside from the symmetry deniers) is no longer a deciding factor? Both have great controllers. Hurray. Both are powerful. Hurray. Both have fantastic and equal 3rd party support. Hurray!

So any choice between them largely comes down to lifetime exclusives and online experience (as launch price is irrelevant over 10 years).

And that is a tough call, with lots of pros both sides.

Moral: Good time time to be a console gamer innit?

Exactly man.

I'm definitely quite pissed right now, but I'm so feeling the next-gen horn, that if Steve Ballmer wobbled his crazy fat ass in here right now and offered me an Xbone with Ryse for £470, I would so go and get the Visa card out and swipe it through his handheld terminal's inviting cleft.

Just me?

Gah, it's tempting, because the £75 it will no doubt be cheaper by next summer is at least partially made up for by Forza 5.

But spending £800 on consoles in one month? Crazy.

Haha just do it! That's what i'm doing, I sold/traded my current gen consoles and saved extra to afford both, currently on a borrowed 360 for GTA5 though so i'm not going crazy yet!

Wow. Those are some big muthaf*ckin gifs, Booze. And some big bastard graphics. I do want to play that. Where is Ballmer?

Edit: I love the whole Roman gubbins. I loved Gladiator and I'm well into the Cicero books by Robert Harris (anyone know when the third one is coming out?). I even tried to read Ben Kane - but, basically, you can't.

So if this Ryse is as good as it looks, my pisshead preorder gland is massively engorged. I fear the morning may bring a sober reflection. But I'm riding the wild piggy right now,

Smitty, our eyes are (as for the Red Dragon), our primary sensory stimulus. The shinies are important my friend. Drink some more. Join me in preordering the bone and Ryse by midnight. We can always cancel. But live in the Roman moment, dude.

Just remember that (like most games) there are character models of different levels of detail depending on need. In cutscenes the characters will look significantly better than during gameplay. See: Last Of Us. I mean, it's great that the cutscenes will look great, but it's worth bearing in mind.

I'd really like Ryse to turn out well, so I can play it when I get a Bone.

Just remember that (like most games) there are character models of different levels of detail depending on need. In cutscenes the characters will look significantly better than during gameplay. See: Last Of Us. I mean, it's great that the cutscenes will look great, but it's worth bearing in mind.

I'd really like Ryse to turn out well, so I can play it when I get a Bone.

Careful mate. That kind of idolatry gets a boy a reputation as a heretical idiot. Embrace the shinies. Drink more. I'm convinced I can get pissed enough by pass-out time to have preordered a Rysing Bone. Join me. I'm fucking close. God help me.